female rap

NO ads & promos.

Moderator:Juma4admin

mamamess

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:01 pm

who do you think are the best female emcees in your city. i am looking for some cool female rap, i know some South african mcees but i am sure there are more, tanzania, nigeria, guinee, madagascar, kenya, sierra leone, mali ...... holla at me, pls!
CeeJay

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:56 pm

I know two hot female Emcees and they are featuring on the mixtape being put together by masef and ma man Siege. If you wanna to meet 'em I cud hook you up with 'em or air some of the tracks that thet've done already. Bliv me when I say these chics are off da hook if not they neva wud have been on th mixtape.

[email protected]!!!
mamamess

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:41 pm

yoyoyoyo sounds dope!

how can i listen to stuff?

anything online?

holla at me!

mamamess
CeeJay

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:52 pm

It's just that I am pretty buzy but as soon s I upload 'em to my soundclick page' I'll let you know.

Pce!!!
Nthabi

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:40 pm

Just one question.

Why do you guys like calling 'em "female emcees". Why can't they just be emcees PERIOD.

You don't walk around calling cats "male emcees" right?.....So why do so with the sistas?

No beef...just a question. :?:
CeeJay

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:46 pm

@ Nthabi,

If you do that, they'lld think u r refering to male emcees, so as in order as to really get the picture that was assumed, that was why the female had to be brought in before the emcee.
Nthabi

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:50 pm

Fair enough, but who cares whether they're female or not?

Question is...are they dope?

I just think that as soon as you let peeps know that this is a "female emcee", they already create some messed up perception in their heads.....
CeeJay

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:02 pm

Maybe that's the way you are seeing it, in Nigeria, if there is a female emcee in a track who actually raps, everybody wud want to listen to that track to know if she really has something to offer and if she does, she is loved, that's just it. People don't get the wrong peception unless you let them and remember as the saying goes, no one can make u feel inferior without ur consent.
Nthabi

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:08 pm

It's not about feeling inferior and I agree with you, peeps treat you how you want to be treated (or rather how you let them treat you).

Personally, I just don't like that label very much. An dope emcee is a dope emcee regardless of gender.

Was just wondering why you use it, that's all.
CeeJay

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:14 pm

Sorry Nthabi, use what? I am a producer and I have produced different artist both male and female and I can proudly say that I have produced a lot of female artist that are way tighter than some male artist, I have produced but it still boils down to the same thing I said earlier, how do yoou differentiate between a male lion and a female lion? Lions and Lionesses, right? so how do you differentiate between a Male Emcee and a Female Emcee, Emcees and Emcresses? if you know of any other way, it is better said so that whoever ur presenting the picture to knows that you are talking of a female emcee, then life is a long lesson and we are all learning, you might just as well, tell me.
  • Information