Who are the hottest hip hop artists/groups in South Africa?

Moderator:Juma4admin

Nomadic9

Wed May 17, 2006 4:07 am

I am new to this site and I wanted to know who are the hottest hip hop artist and groups in South Africa. I heard a rapper from South Africa and I was blown away. I don't remember his name, but I then learned that there are a lot of great M.C's there.
kast1
Posting Freak

Wed May 17, 2006 4:35 pm

WORD!!! welcome 2 AHH!!! there are 2 many 2 mention!!!

!P!E!!A!C!E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1
Nomadic9

Wed May 17, 2006 7:37 pm

I am shooting a hiphop documentary and i want to interview and film hiphop artist and hiphop scenes in South Africa. i need to set up some interview and find some places to film so i can get the funding. can you help me out?
kast1
Posting Freak

Wed May 17, 2006 9:42 pm

well alot of kats want 2 get "known" so it wont be that hard 2 get the interview with them!!! just got 2 contact them!!! as for the place, it just depends on where the kats are situated!!! three places in SA that are well known for hiphop are CAPE TOWN(mother city), JOHANNESBURG, and DURBAN(not sure???) good luck man!!!

!p!e!a!c!e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1
Nomadic9

Thu May 18, 2006 3:22 am

Good lookin' out Bro. this Doc is going to be hot.
SanPatriciosSoul

Thu May 18, 2006 5:55 am

[quote name="kast1"]well alot of kats want 2 get "known" so it wont be that hard 2 get the interview with them!!! just got 2 contact them!!! as for the place, it just depends on where the kats are situated!!! three places in SA that are well known for hiphop are CAPE TOWN(mother city), JOHANNESBURG, and DURBAN(not sure???) good luck man!!!

!p!e!a!c!e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1[/quote]

Effin right, I can't wait to be in Johannasburg next year, its going to be the BOMB.

Sorry I keep forgetting that I'm not allowed to curse on here, Much apologies
melanin

Thu May 18, 2006 11:57 am

There are lots of cats, but in SA its easy to come upon the wrong cats saying they real (mad misrepresentation). you've more or less come to the right place, but try to get hold of material rather. the scene is mad diverse too. check out the relevant threads on this forum, they should serve as a guide.

Oh, and SanPatssoul- remember to always be in posession of converse all star sneaks- or chucks.. ultra South african. this is with reference to that other thread about joburg.
Nameless

Thu May 18, 2006 12:31 pm

Man pretoria is where the realest mcees are... Joburg has some good rappers but it also has a lot of wack mcees... with pta... it's strictly the realest... i tell you.... we got Ba4za... we got The anvils... we got nthabi... we got Gypsy Koptic (not sure about the spelling)... we got reason... man there's too many to mention... Pta is the shit man...we got them all
rhymetodie
Posting Freak

Thu May 18, 2006 2:22 pm

Hip Hop is all over South Africa no specified area__Those they be mentioning are tha most popular in south africa__Not tha BEST__Tha Best is all over tha country...No Offence bt Cats from Joborg are 'mostly' commercially influenced(Rap to make money)...Kast Durbz got real spiters...Tightest cats in S.A (thts being honest)

David man i can't wait till you come to S.A....Deep-Rooted(ma crew)website is under-construction...so you might wanna email me ya Bio an a pic for tht__So they put ya ishes an staff..
cosmic

Thu May 18, 2006 3:59 pm

Yo man i reackon dat the scene is da same as in da states i.e. evry 1 has their own tastes. Some peeps think dat G-Unit is on point others feel Immortal technique. In S.A. some peeps think dat Skwatta kamp are the most realest group eva to come out of S.A :lol: (ha ha ha ha ..... oh s*%# man i always manage to crack myself!!!!!) others think dat prokid is aight. but hey it don matter as long as its hip hop i say "Forward eva, backwards neva" ( :lol: ha ha ha ha.... oh man dat is like so 1994).

Come thru y'all and let us push on!!!!
  • Information