Finally a Real Topic

NO ads & promos.

Moderator:Juma4admin

kZA

Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:47 pm

mmm, ya...i agree with BP. nothing personal, Nash.
Nashty Nash

Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:31 am

the black man had that mentality before slavery and colonisation came about. Traditionally, the black man is supersitious, refuses to take responsibility for his actions, and blames his pain and suffereing on the 'spirits'. He refuses to see that his misfortunes can be reasoned out logically and for the most part they are due to natural causes. I believe superstition, not the white man, is the cause of the degenerate mentality of the modern black man.
Na Na kid. There so much wrong wit that statement, you too KZA. If you knew the tru history of Africa you'd know what you just said is historically incorrect. Africa was THE world power (if you may say), more advanced that the rest of the civilizations on the earth. And I mean more than one african country not only Egypt. We traded and taught the Greeks much of what they know -- as well as the Arabs. Yet during all that time we were 'superstitious' -- it wasn't until the White man's greed brought evil and irrationality to Africa. Before we had solid social structures -- killing only to eat, fighting only to live, like the Zulus. Everyone co-existed.

"misfortunes can be reasoned out logically and for the most part they are due to natural causes" ---- is that so? Everything that occurs in this world can be rationally or analytically solved or explained? Ha -- what is nature, I believe that nature is a spirit in itself...a spirit that answers to God. You think we're at fault cause we're superstitious? -- Man, wake up.....what are half of the religions YOUR people created --- organized superstitions, belief in spirits. You too KZA wake up.
kZA

Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:27 pm

i think point 5's have the best of both worlds (and they are sooo adorable as babies!)

Nash, i AM awake! now, u know don't i don't like to bring my people down, but the truth must be told! (excuse all my generalisations. i do realise not all black ppl are the same) black ppl have serious issues with their thinking. their complacence with the way their lives are is their downfall. and u can't then say that the white man made them think that way. they'll sit back and accept misfortunes and say 'that's the way the gods want it, that's the way it's gonna be' and do nothing about it. THAT's where the issue of the lack of responsibility comes in. until we start taking resposibility for our situation, nothing's going to change in the long term.

"it wasn't until the White man's greed brought evil and irrationality to Africa." -- and yet u'll proudly boast that adam and eve were africans...

"Everyone co-existed." -- yes, they did. but if u dig deeper into the way the african society functioned, u'll find that it was very difficult for a person to be individualistic, 'coz everything was corporate. hence every manifestation of evil that they experienced was blamed on the corporate society. that blame was later placed on the settlers and so on. u can't then say this all came about when the white man landed in africa...

if the white ppl were so instrumental in messing up the black man's psyche, then y hasn't he been equally instrumental in bringing us out of the 'rutt' that we're in now? y is it that when a white guy gives a black guy something (say...a car) and that car breaks down, the black man will park it in his yard, and that's that. he won't take the initiative to go and get it fixed or sell it and buy something else. if a black man needs money, one of the first things that comes to mind is 'donors' even if he has the resources to make money himself.

take zimbabwe, for example - we've been independant for 22 years. that's enough time for a new generation to come into power; enough time to implement a new order, so to speak. but in a country as rich as this, with water and fertile soil, ppl are starving! are u gonna sit there and tell me the white man is responsible for that?
  • Information