who's d king of hiphop.....Naija or Ghana

Moderator:Juma4admin

lola4mii

Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:48 pm

I think d coast dat got it locked down in africa hiphop scene is d west coast n in d west coast is naija......[sum1 is sayin cos am 4rm naija rigth] nope not dat but our emcees r d realest, d illest n d killest.though we dont really rap in our dialect...ghana does but it is too much[am lyin rigth] ok .. why did sasha win d west africa kora search in ghana.. why is ti not batman or mzbel or d other contenders...lets face reality...naija is d king of hiphop in africa as she is d king in d movie industry[nollywood]..holla back
x-chronics

Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:41 am

hey a kind of feeling ya post it's a pity we are not really recognised to the fullest but we definetly gonna blow up one day u know how it is...so u an emcee or what?Holla 08028911759(deolu)
del

Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:38 pm

Both countries got mad emcees. People who stay in their small localities think they the illest. It's the 'Local Champion' syndrome. I've heard enuff ghanian emcees with MAD talent, same goes for nigerian. On the whole, who's heavier, i cant even say. Both countries, keep reppin. It's all good.
Wesso

Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:14 pm

First of all i would like to hola at all my afraican brothers out there in the hip hop game and long live hiphop.Ya'll said Naija is the capital of hip hop in africa,i say no.Now ask me why?...... because of too many reasons and i can't start telling you but i'll you this-you guyz that occupy this part of the Forum sound like motherfucking ignorent and im sure that theres a hundred that you are Nigerians.Please stop fronting and lets work with one another.Now you know who i think got the potential of pushing hip hop to the next level (rich the mainsream and fifty cent featuring) is the East part of Africa.Ghana got the potential too.

Don't hate me for talking down on your country my broda i love nigeria and the over confident that its people have.But nows time to unite as one,learn from each other and make it happen.

[quote name="lola4mii"]I think d coast dat got it locked down in africa hiphop scene is d west coast n in d west coast is naija......[sum1 is sayin cos am 4rm naija rigth] nope not dat but our emcees r d realest, d illest n d killest.though we dont really rap in our dialect...ghana does but it is too much[am lyin rigth] ok .. why did sasha win d west africa kora search in ghana.. why is ti not batman or mzbel or d other contenders...lets face reality...naija is d king of hiphop in africa as she is d king in d movie industry[nollywood]..holla back[/quote]
dramatik
Posting Freak

Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:56 pm

yeah i feel del and wesso on that issue

we aint got no king of hiphop in Africa

all cats ghanian ,nigerian are tight in their own perspective

"the local champ syndrome: as del put it is really whats affecting people who claim their emceees are the realest
stan

Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:12 pm

I JUST WANNA KEEP IT REAL..

NO DOUBT NIAJA ROCKS.BUT U GAT REAL EMCEES IN GHANA KEEPING IT REAL AND SPITTING IN THIER MOTHER TONGUE..LIKE OBRAFOUR.

TINNY....MOP...VIP...

NAIJA TOO TIGHT BUT ... THEY CANT SPIT IN THIER MOTHER TONGUE

I LOVE ....LORD OF AJASA.AND AY FOR THAT..AS JAZZMAN OLOFIN HE IS WACK IN "D-RAP".. (DIALECT RAP)
lola4mii

Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:44 pm

del...plz......whats'local champion sydrome'...i call dat shit n dats what wyclef issayin'do not refer 2 ur artist as local' dey r equally good...we have got d potentials likeour african american [email protected] least i could compare mode9 wit' 50cent n freestyle wit eminem....lets look @ d next level...i know we still have a lot of shit 2 do in d hiphopworld n musik industry in general but definately 'we r d best among d best'..all we need is xposure..am tellin u if dr.dre listens 2 mode9,ruggedman,trybesmen,da trybes or any good emcee dat could spit well...he will not hesitate e2 sign d emcee 2 his aftermath imprint...n u wesso tellin me eastafrica will take hiphop 2 its level..lol ...ah..ah..ah'u r a big joker'all y'll know is 2 do d makossa, mapoukathing u know awilo n his family...ahah..well holla back bro..n u tellin me we have 2 work as 1 africa....if u wanna know..i dont like how southafricans n other africAN COUNTRIES TREAT US..COS THEY KNOW WE R D BEST..THEY TRY 2 CHEAT IN ORDER 2 DISCOURAGE US..1 day we will pay them back in their own coin
del

Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:31 pm

As always, I get mis-quoted. Don't break ma heart girlfriend I am an artiste maself and would feel insulted if someone used the term disrespectfully. Cos it still is just a word. When i said local champion syndrome i meant Big fish in a small pond. Not dat naija acts were local or shit. Hope that explains stuff, dont want to go on and on this. aiiight!

ONE
paj

Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:47 am

[quote name="stan"]I JUST WANNA KEEP IT REAL..

NO DOUBT NIAJA ROCKS.BUT U GAT REAL EMCEES IN GHANA KEEPING IT REAL AND SPITTING IN THIER MOTHER TONGUE..LIKE OBRAFOUR.

TINNY....MOP...VIP...

NAIJA TOO TIGHT BUT ... THEY CANT SPIT IN THIER MOTHER TONGUE

I LOVE ....LORD OF AJASA.AND AY FOR THAT..AS JAZZMAN OLOFIN HE IS WACK IN "D-RAP".. (DIALECT RAP)[/quote]

..I wont be too quick to jump to that conclusion if I were U cause U haven't heard everything out of Naija yet..perhaps just the bit from your circle of friends...I'm not saying this because I'm Naija,and I wont try to give U a politically correct answer... I once heard a 'African Hiphop Mix' containing artists from other African countries...and they cant touch Naija's cream of the crop..straight up..

Pa
ob_1ne

Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:25 am

ok..now the funny thaing 'bout this whole issue's that..all the mc's u got reppin ghana dont even kno wat hiphop is abt...i ont mean 2 direspek 'em..but fo real tho they thmselves know!trus me...cos i'm ghanaian!the real artistes in ghana..dont got deals....!dont got recoknition!there are so many groups out ther that got mad skill...!yo hiphop,hiplife r different...iight!many poeps think hiplife is a ghanaian form'o hiphop!1i strongly believe in dem twi rappers..like the GOD reggei rock,mensa had a couple'o local dialek joints..but it reflected afrkan hiphop!hip life is different it got more of a twist of folk music "HIGHLIFE" in it...!iight..I REPEAT..HIPLIFE..DONT GOT NUN TO DO WIT HIPHOP!IT JUS A TWIST MO LIKE AN EVOLUTION OF HIGHLIFE..THAS HOW I SEE IT..!MO LIKE COMPARING CHINGY'S FORM'O RAP TO MOS DEF OR SUMMIN...chingy does rap..but he dosex NOT represent tru hiphop ok!it jus dont fall unda tru hiphop...so go do ur homework on gahanain HIPHOP rappers iight..thn u kan strt this argumnt again...!

ref: talking drums(the chief n the tribe:G.I.S MAN DEM..BAK IN THE DAYZ)

...!ask'o dem!
  • Information