WAT DO U KNOW ABOUT 5% HIPHOP?

NO ads & promos.

Moderator:Juma4admin

I-Shine

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:03 pm

[quote name="MHP"]You win mate. I'm throwin' in the towel.

Nice arguin'.

But yo...peep the joint I jus sent u and hit me wif the reviews aiight!

Uhuru![/quote] oh brother you have a new joint man I need to get my shit together and lace some too...I will holla ASAP
Spitzofrenik

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:13 pm

Yo I-Shine.....it's not about black or white.....every race of people learn from each other.....the Jews learn't from the Egyptians, the Greeks learnt from the Babylonians and Persians, everyone in the Roman Empire learnt from the Romans.....as Black people, we were unlucky that we were exposed quite late.....but we will catch up, no doubt about that.....it may take a few hundred years, but we will.....

[quote name="Negus Dawit"],Brotha Malcom X had no more than a 8th grade education and never lost a debate even aginst Harvard Professors And Elijah Muhammad had no more than a 4th grade education and created an organization that created thriving black bussiness nation wide while your bragin about being a collage educated mathmatician on a internet chat room with us dumb ass nonspellin niggas. Go figure!

[/quote]

@ Negus, bringing up Malcolm X only serves to buttress my point. Malcolm never lost a debate? In whose eyes?.....it depends on who is judging the debate.....Malcolm was not infallible......infact, he was very gullible....I mean, you have to be to believe that a Scientist called Yakub created the world.....anyway, toward the end of his life, he admitted that the Nation of Islam life he was living was wrong and he became a proper Muslim....he also recanted his belief in segregation and openly admitted that he had been wrong with his views about white people.....and he also admitted that God made us all equally.....and not some crackpot scientist named Yakub like Elijah Muhammed led you all to believe.....so the fact is, Elijah Muhammed was a liar and conman and Malcolm was misguided in his Nation of Islam days.....so who lost the debate? He himself conceded that he had been wrong (after already misleading thousands)....but i am glad that Brother Malcolm discovered the truth in the end. At least he had the best intentions.....and as for showing by actions, my brother, I am certainly doing my thing.....

@ MHP, I am talking about catching up as a people.....just like the Chinese, Indian and Brazilian economies are doing right now....they are making the system work for them......you have a miseducated mind so you equate it to Yahoozies and Financial kidnapping in Niger Delta.....by the way, I am Okrika myself and my whole village has been burnt down by political thugs so all of that is not new to me......that is not what I am talking about......Black people need to come together and build wealth, build businesses and investments.....you cannot learn that shit if you are consumed with rebellion.......look at rappers like Dead Prez....they talk rebellion all the time, but what have they ever done for the Black community?......on the other hand, look at P. Diddy. He doesn't talk about all that shit but he employs more black people than the U.S Army (according to Kanye...hehe).....THAT IS POSITIVE ACTION......you cannot tell me Puffy is not concerned with Black people's situation.....he just has a better way of solving the problem....a way that you don't understand because you have been miseducated......as for dissing Oprah, nigga please! How dare you?......Oprah has done more for Black people than all the 5 percenters combined......infact, like I said before, the 5 percenters have made a negative net contribution to our people.....and i did read Negus post.....it all sounded like conspiracy theories to me.......
MHP

Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:20 am

I threw in the towel...but...now u say dead prez...hmmm....don't disrespect them.

I got a miseducated mind...that's aiight. You go on...be like P.Diddy.

Dead Prez...hmmm...I'ma say again don't disrespect them. Feel free to take ur shots at me but don't disrespect Dead Prez.

You sound like its a political rally or some'n...but all the politics have done nuthin' for us dude!

And don't tell me P.Diddy employs more black people than the US Army...tell me he has a big company and plenty of staff...He's gettin richer! Better way of solving the problem my ass. Next time u gon' tell me G-Unit now has a condom production company and they're branchin' into Europe.

Oprah has lost me as a fan...u can go ahead say wateva u want...It is my decision not yours...I'm not dissin' Oprah mind you. Don't tell me she has done so much for black people...it's on TV...I can see that...but wot about wot u don't see on TV? Missionaries! U do some'n good for people...capture it on camera...show it on TV...then the people start sendin' money to your foundation? How's that! U're gettin' ur money back!

Give a man fish u feed him today, but TEACH a man to fish and u feed him for life...and that's a Chinese special.
Spitzofrenik

Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:46 am

^^^^^

It is not a political thing like I have stressed already.....its an economic thing.....isn't it niggas like Dead Prez who are talking politics all the time?.....but do they have an economic solution? No!......and the point about P. Diddy is this: He could have employed white people, but no; he chose to employ black (After all, he is doing a show on MTV and I am sure there are pressures on him to have white staff as most of his audience are white).....a lotta people accuse him of being a sellout but the proof is in the pudding.......just because he doesn't make a rap talking about "Fuck Crackers!".....he's making a difference in a smarter way......Go and ask all the brothers he went to College with.....they are all working for him.....now, to me, that is making a difference.....and you really gotta be miseducated talking all that shit about Oprah......so she only does it for the cameras eh?.......and you say she's only doing it cos she's getting her money back?......are you accusing her of stealing?.....people donate to her charity, not to her.....so you must be implying that she steals from her charity......and she brings cameras for exposure so that people can get behind it......she would be stupid not to......and the school in South Africa.....is that not from her own personal money?.....obviously, you never hung around rich people before......after you make a certain amount of money, the one thing that brings you happiness is to use it to help others.....almost all decent rich people are involved in philanthropy.....man, you really got a poverty mentality.......like you said yourself, you are broke and proud.....aiight my brother, stay broke!

You diss Oprah but you praise Dead Prez.....something is fundamentally wrong there.....I think you've gone too far with this HipHop thing, you know.....there's more to life than HipHop.....Oprah makes a zillion times more difference to black people's lives than Dead Prez could ever hope to....infact, I would argue that Dead Prez net impact is negative...

Teach a man to fish......is that not what I am suggesting here? Education!.....but Dead Prez told you to drop out of school because "they schools ain't teaching us shit" as they famously said in their song.....I was a fan too, you know.....shit, I even paid money to go to their concert.....but what we are discussing here has nothing to do with music...

Anyway, this debate is finished. Like you said, we got sidetracked.....to the question of 5% HipHop.....its not a question of the message....it's a question of the rapper executing the message....if he got skills, Im feeling it.....some people got a good message but they can't spit (Little Brother comes to mind (except Phonte)).....so yeah.....Brand Nubians: not feeling them......Rakim Allah: definitely feeling him.
I-Shine

Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:14 am

I will just add something about the Oprah case MHP she is the highest paid TV Celeb in the world picture how much she earns $260 million per annum tell me she isn't wealthy not rich because there is a difference between the two and about Dead Prez he needs to learn something that when he criticize he should have a solution at the same time now I am not saying he should be going to the white house to be implementing them I am saying he should be including the solutions in his rap.

See that was what I was discussing with my class mates we don’t praise those that are ought to be praised, diddy is rich no doubt at least the nigga is doing something to reduce poverty and unemployment, and that Chinese proverb is nonsense ok, figure this out I have a web design company a friend of mine is in the same line so you expect me to be showing him how I write HTML, CSS, and Java and lot more sorry MHP I will direct him to where he can get certifications and not show him how to kill the fish.
linkris
Posting Freak

Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:04 am

Good Thread Men, good knowledge and wisdom shared.

Respekt!

Fuck this black and white this and that...!

My philosophy is simple, "each one teach one, then we all eat"...!

Let's empower ourselves, let's love and teach our sibblings to share love and power,

the result= LESS IGNORANCE,LESS VIOLENCE,LESS POVERTY,MORE PRODUCTIVITY,MORE OPPORTUNITY!

FOR ALL!

True revolutionaries teach love, not hate. True leaders teach their followers the importance of power

and how to acquire it, not run one-man shows.

Let us ALL be Free,afterall, MOTHER EARTH BELONGS TO NO "ONE MAN or RACE" BUT ALL!!!

Peace
I-Shine

Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:28 am

Thank you Linkris "True revolutionaries teach love, not hate. True leaders teach their followers the importance of power

and how to acquire it, not run one-man shows."
That is what we need not some jerk telling us to be dropping out of school...
MHP

Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:44 pm

@ I-shine...well...again...I'll jus throw in the towel.

@ Linkris...wat are u doin' here?

@Spitz...well...I aint dissin' Oprah...she's reachin' lives fine. Aiight. But its not like she's the only one? I'm reachin' lives too...doesn't have to bethousands and millions...but I'm reachin' my folks...u know wat...U WIN!

Now back to the program. @ Negus: Could u give me some insight into the Brand Nubians song?
MHP

Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:53 pm

Dead Prez isn't One. They are two people.
  • Information