Tupac Versus Nas____Who is who

NO ads & promos.

Moderator:Juma4admin

Nyra

Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:42 am

UGGH...TREASURE..ONE OF THOSE TOUCHY COMPARISONS..I THINK NAS IS WAY OVERRATED WITH ALL DUE RESPECT..ALL HIS TRACKS SOUND THE SAME..YOUR NOT A STORY TELLER IF U ONLY TELL ONE STORY...HIS STUFF STARTS THE SAME AND ENDS THE SAME..I LIKE THE CONCIOUS FLOW..BUT PAC IS WAY ABOVE NAS IN MY BOOKS........
Black_beast

Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:40 pm

Nas is tight. However, you can not compare Nas to 2Pac. It would be like comparing a penny (1 cent) to a nickel (5 cents). Nas is good, but is always telling the same story like Nyra said. Saying Pac was alive when Nas dropped the dopest album and that makes him better doesn't make any sense because Pac' was still making his way up in the game. Most Nas songs are boring and don't have a "soul" to it. On the other hand, 2Pac songs tend to incite emotions whether it be anger, sorrow, joy, calm, etc. I'm guessing the people that are saying Nas is better haven't really listened to a good number of 2Pac songs. I've got most if not all, and the same for Nas too. If you listen to them back to back, you'll get what I'm saying.

A lil som' about myself....

I was born in a crater,

moma died six minutes later,

pops put a curse on me cos' he a f**king hater,

proving himself with a bunch of stupid data,

As the years went by his curse came to fruition,

My arms got bigger and spent money in profusion,

I could see niggaz stare merely outta intuition,

confusion, I defeated them with a David Blaine illusion,

I'll stop here cos I ain't tryin' to be funny,

I'm hungry, and I want all of your money.
CCM

Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:52 pm

This is an interesting question because I always see a parallel between Nas and Pac. As compared to Jay-Z and BIG I think the two are more motivated by emotional intelligence than anything else. There's a whole lot more Pac and Nas songs that touch people than BIG and Jay-Z ones. But personally I prefer Nas because I think the opposite of what Nyra said. I think he has more variety, I'm not sure how many times I heard "Hennessy...enemies...remember me" from Pac. I really respect nd appreciate both, though...they are legends in their own right.
rhymetodie
Posting Freak

Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:57 pm

hahaha...Nyra and Boogie i don't agree, Nas is very dimensional .i.e he looks at every angle of thingz..Tupac to me was more of a gangsta rapper who always threatned to kill people and all tht...Do you even know, some people smoked drugz, killed people and then claim Thug Life...I think Tupac had both positive and negative impact on the black society as a whole....On the other hand you hve Nasir Jonez..n he might hve made a lil mistakes like any other human being but he's a God's Son :P
gabitex

Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:00 am

R2d wrote:
Nas is very dimensional .i.e he looks at every angle of thingz
...True homez..

..but not on the angle of beef...say. Is he a beef lord? compare 2 Pac
RHYMS_spitter

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:57 pm

[quote name="Nyra"]UGGH...TREASURE..ONE OF THOSE TOUCHY COMPARISONS..I THINK NAS IS WAY OVERRATED WITH ALL DUE RESPECT..ALL HIS TRACKS SOUND THE SAME..YOUR NOT A STORY TELLER IF U ONLY TELL ONE STORY...HIS STUFF STARTS THE SAME AND ENDS THE SAME..I LIKE THE CONCIOUS FLOW..BUT PAC IS WAY ABOVE NAS IN MY BOOKS........[/quote]

IN MINE 2.

NAS?NO COMPARING,TUPAC IS THE BEST RAPPER OF ALL TIMES...
Xblaze
Posting Freak

Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:50 pm

Tupac lyrically is the best thing that happened to rap, nas compared to pac, is nothin, pac rhymes are mixed with hardcore poetry and military credibility, c'mon nobody does it like pac. i'm a fan to both rappers, so i think i know what im saying
T-know

Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:20 am

Tupac is 50 times better than Nas!!! Why would you even compare them!!! Nas can rap but he's not on Pacs level!!! Pac was deep Nas tries to be!!! Pac is the perfect example of everything a rapper should be!!! He made positive music, negative, and party music. He made music 4 bitches and niggas!!! He made songs with messages in them dat weren't discussed in rap music before(Brendas got a baby, Dear Mama, Keep yo head up etc.). Nas Has hit the nail on the head here and there but Pac did it consistently!!!! Nas wouldn't exist if Pac was still alive For the simple fact that Pac was what he wants to be!!!
mhla

Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:23 pm

In as far as writing is concerned NAS cant be compared with the late MAKAVELI

The flow's got to be Nas no doubt but 2PAC was a dope writer thou he never was a rhymer.
  • Information