DO THE BLACK AMERICANS REALLY RUN DIS BIZ? I DONT THINK SO

NO ads & promos.

Moderator:Juma4admin

T-know

Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:23 am

No other countries can do it like america! We started it and we know hot to produce beatiful music that speaks to the soul! All the artists I Heard from other Regions of the world I wasn't feelin them like I felt Artists from here! I guess you Acquire a certain taste that makes you look at other forms of the music as mediocor!! I cant listen to a whole album! from an artist from africa or the UK, or anywhere else for that matter!!!
BrothaNature

Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:00 pm

No other countries can do it like america! We started it and we know hot to produce beatiful music that speaks to the soul!
Erm, well, that's pretty much a broad statement considering the number of cheesy acts that are brought from the South at this point. I'm sorry but, songs like "Laffy Taffy", "It's Going Down", "Jiggle It", "Bop Wit It" ect do not speal to my soul LOL

If anything, the failure of the Hip Hop Generation in the US stems from our lack of interest in taking ownership
All the artists I Heard from other Regions of the world I wasn't feelin them like I felt Artists from here! I guess you Acquire a certain taste that makes you look at other forms of the music as mediocor!! I cant listen to a whole album! from an artist from africa or the UK, or anywhere else for that matter!!!
Well, I have been listening to Hip Hop since the late 70's. But can say Rodney P's "The Future" *to me* was a classic. So was Blak Twang's Rotten Club. Or ProKids Heads and Tales. Tara Chase (Canadian) aint that bad either. But then, that speaks to a person's preference though.
T-know

Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:08 am

Who the hell were those cats you jus named and as for the southern scene they produce music that people can dance to!! Isn't hip-hop about havin fun!! Do they have to be the best rapper ever to make people move!! You see thats what a lot of rappers lack now a days! the ability to move the people!! You could be the best rhymer in the world but if you got nothin that hooks peole in like a lot of southern rappers have you're not going to be hot to the people!! THink about it Laffy Taffy Sold for a reason!! They're movin the people!! Everybody talks about the south but it ain't jus the south buyin southern Music! Those cats you named are nobodies for a reason!! They haven't moved the majority of the hip-hop fans!! Whats the point of doing it if nobody knows you exist!!! Laffy Taffy is bullshit but it made hoes dance you can't deny dat! and If the hoes like it the niggas gon follow!!
BrothaNature

Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:31 am

[quote name="T-know"] Whats the point of doing it if nobody knows you exist!!! Laffy Taffy is bullshit but it made hoes dance you can't deny dat! and If the hoes like it the niggas gon follow!![/quote]

Which says a lot about the State of Hip Hop in America and the current State Of Black America

:roll:
tony soprano

Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:31 pm

the dude that just mentioned south african emcees as the best is getting it all wrong.

feel naija emcees n ya know wats crackilakin.

we keep it real tight, down in naija.
mr rehd

Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:14 pm

south african emcees are puss/fuck that nigga tuks/acclaimed to b africa's best but i aint shook/he beta pray i dont com across him cos my eyes dey chook/& i'm here too take out any nigga laying claims to wat they shud/knock em out wit punhlines right off they pedestal/i'm telling u dont play wit the rap/wat gotta be careful wit all the crap emanating from this part of the map/i guess out here we needing quality control/like a rap nafdac to help us separate the fake from the original...
Afrikankid

Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:41 am

ys dis think may not have started in america, but it grow there and its still growing, everybody knows, i dont fink naija's run it
Afrikankid

Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:47 am

naija's startin to fink the run dis shit, surely i can asure u pussy's cant spit, now u startin to dis south african mc's, wen u da pussy feelin dizze, u lucky am busy, fool
BrothaNature

Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:04 am

[quote name="Afrikankid"]ys dis think may not have started in america, but it grow there and its still growing, everybody knows, i dont fink naija's run it[/quote]

They don't. The peeps online talking about "naija rules" are'nt showing any proof they are better than American/Worldwide MCess, their just being patriotic. :wink:

Let's go song for song. Style for style.

Best looking women? Yes. They "Run Di Biz? I DONT THINK SO".....
  • Information