The Rap Scene in Memphis, Tennessee Dirty South Rap

NO ads & promos.

Moderator:Juma4admin

PassionatePisces

Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:11 pm

what do ya'll think about the rappers from memphis? like eightball and mjg or three six mafia and have ya'll heard of yo gotti? i'm a female from memphis tenn seriously thinkin bout enterin the rap game but i don't wanna do it unless i'm guranteed to shut it down so lately i've just been gettin my material together. what's ya'll point of view on female rappers i don't think that they r taken seriously in the rap game but imma be a threat
BrothaNature

Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:38 am

[quote name="PassionatePisces"]what do ya'll think about the rappers from memphis? like eightball and mjg or three six mafia and have ya'll heard of yo gotti? i'm a female from memphis tenn seriously thinkin bout enterin the rap game but i don't wanna do it unless i'm guranteed to shut it down so lately i've just been gettin my material together. what's ya'll point of view on female rappers i don't think that they r taken seriously in the rap game but imma be a threat[/quote]

I was born in the mid 70's so most of the artist I like in Tenn., are'nt from the younger generation. Most of them are Tela (Piece Of Mine), 8Ball MJG (Lost, No More Glory, In OUr Lifetime) & Mr. Mike.

And yes it might be hard for female's to compete in a male dominated scene. And sometimes it helps to come from a crew. Thats one of the unfair things I have noticed through the years of seeing females come and go, but then most of the ladies had to wrk extra hard to prove themselves. So if you are dealing w/ a crew thats an advantage!

PEACE
  • Information