Agree with this?

NO ads & promos.

Moderator:Juma4admin

Fivefold

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:47 am

That ranking only takes into account the GDP per capita (what does that mean by the way?). I think that determining a country's wealth is subjective (especially when it involves comparative analysis). It definitely takes more than one parameter to know what a country is worth. In simple terms, I don't agree with the ranking
WANLOV

Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:14 am

WUT ABOUT MORAL AND SPIRITUAL WEALTH? AS WELL AS PHYSICAL HEALTH?

DEM TINZ WE MO DEY TALK ABOUT SEEN

[/url]HTTP://WWW.TRINICENTER.COM
Horse

Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:26 am

Wealth is the state of having in abundance, or at least the state of not being in need, as we all know. GDP is the measure of the viability of a system or an economy and how much can be milked/produced from that economy. GDP does not measure wealth. It only connotes wealth by way of imperfect implication.

How do we measure wealth? Well research many schools of thought. Alternatively, you can construct a way to measure wealth if you want to. A measure that does not simply average or proportionately average, but one that considers the wellbeing of the inhabitants of any given. I believe it's a fusion of economics and sociology. Who wants to go down in history as a contributor to socio-economic thought? Like Captain Planet says, "The Power is Yours"

"They cooked on symetrical stones with ma logo etched above the hole where they inserted the coal .... and they barbecued birds to the bone." - Master Thesis (The Curriculum)
  • Information