Finally a Real Topic

NO ads & promos.

Moderator:Juma4admin

No doubt

Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:29 pm

I'm of the opinion that there's no point in living in the past (mentality wise).

Think and act with future in mind.

My tip for the day:

360/- for some shares in Tanga Cement we can all afford. GET SOME NOW!!

Cement is a product with rising value. The company's sure to do well in the future.

Invest brothers and sisters.

Nuff said.

Peace. :arrow:
Toni

Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:15 pm

For all her weirdness, that jyde did have a brain which is rare these days. I read this in the paper a couple of days ago and thought you might find it interesting reading. It’s by a black American poet, Etheridge Knight (1931–1991).

~Once upon a today and yesterday and nevermore there were seven men and women all locked up in prison cells.

Now these seven men and women were innocent of any crimes; they were in prison because their skins were black. Day after day, the prisoners paced their cells, pining for their freedom. And the non-black jailers would laugh at the prisoners and beat them with sticks and throw their food on the floor.

Finally, Prisoner Number 1 said, “I will educate myself and emulate the non-black people. That is the way to freedom, c’mon you guys, follow me.”

“Hell, no,” said Prisoner Number 2. “The only way to get free is to pray to my god and he will deliver you like he delivered Daniel from the lion’s den, so unite and follow me.”

“Bull,” said Prisoner Number 3. “The only way out is through this tunnel I’ve been quietly digging, so c’mon and follow me.”

“Uh-uh,” said Prisoner Number 4, “that’s too risky. The only right way is to follow all the rules and don’t make the non-black people angry, so c’mon brothers and sisters and unite behind me.”

“Damn you!” said Prisoner Number 5. “The only way out is to shoot your way out, if all of you get together behind me.”

“No,” said Prisoner Number 6, “all of you are incorrect; you have not analysed the political situation by my scientific method and historical ‘meemeejeebee’. All we have to do is wait long enough and the bars will bend from their own inner rot. That is the only way.”

“All of you are crazy,” cried Prisoner Number 7. “I’ll get out by myself, by ratting on the rest of you to the non-black people. That is the way, that is the only way!”

“No-no,” they all cried, “come and follow me. I have the way, the only way to freedom.”

And so they argued, and to this day they are still arguing; and to this day they are still in their prison cells, their stomachs trembling with fear. ~
Nashty Nash

Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:50 am

Finally! Tru that whoever you are, that's some solid points. But I don't totally I agree that it's destiny. I can tell by what you're saying is that you're probably a Christian. Therefore you know that God has given us free-will yet ironically he knows the future....so technically we aren't really choosing, because he already knows the choice we're gonna choose. It's kinda complicated. It's like God knows who's gonna be saved and who isn't -- so does that mean certain people are born not to go to heaven? I don't know, this is where Puritans believed in the 'selected few'. The only reason I'm saying this is because you said that it was part of the plan for african's to be persecuted -- yet it was the actions of the flesh....choices made by the Whites. Peace.

Sorry if this sounds confusing, I wrote it at midnight.
obifromsouthlondon

Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:48 pm

[quote name="Nash"]Once the black man decides to not fulfill his immediate desires and urges, but rather keep his eyes keenly on the future and restoration of his community....only then will we see the light.[/quote]

first off I have to say really inspired poem. need more topics like this on the board.

I quoted you here cos there is a misnomer that we are somehow responsible for the negative images and protrayal of black men and women in the popular media. This is not necessarily the case. Who owns the record companies, distribution networks, the MTVs and VH1s? Who is responsible for signing the cheques and putting out the big records? Thats why I'm feeling Kanye West's "Diamonds are from Sierra Leone". finally someone out there is looking at the bigger issue. Opinions cant always be bought.

Our key responsibility is balancing this negativity with positive output. Grassroot support of people we would like to hear. Perhaps the big record dawgs will see we don't all aspire to the bling attitude.

ps: Yo! AG the "plantin seeds" tune from N.A.I.R.A is heavy! smoothed out.
  • Information