Moderator:Juma4admin

soulsta

Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:29 am

They say Charity starts at HOME...

so lets support our own son AKON ..he grew up in Senegal

but now he is doin BIG things in Music...The album IN STORES NOW

with a Banging single LOCKED UP featuring STYLES P from the LOX

vote the video on Every TV station near yu..BET,MTV,CHANNEL-O,etc

SHOUT OUT TO ALL AFRIKAN ARTIST WORLDWIDE!!!
kimo

Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:35 pm

BIG up Akon..

doing big things for the contient

you guys need to support this son of Africa

and feature him in your atrticles son the page..
Juma4
Posting Freak

Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:35 pm

did he grow up in senegal? i thought he's american but his parents are from senegal.

whatever the case, he's doing good... and yes lets support him.
Lynxx

Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:44 pm

I saw something about this Akon doo on some site, forgot the link----But he doesn't rap--he's an R'n'B head---less the one I read about is a diff doo.
Lyrical

Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:45 pm

ey akon es not an rnb artist, he's a hiphophead yo, chech out his mixtape, search on the net for " akon - sunshine " He raps there, he's more a multiartist, he does ALL the styles

peace
Lynxx

Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:08 am

I just downloaded several of AKON's track and yo, this dude ain't playing---His lyrics and how they are delivered catches the attention really fast.

J4 you need to get an interview with this guy and have it on the front page---he is the nicest I've heard this fall
Fivefold

Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:59 pm

Call me stubborn and stupid but I ain't fuckin with this cat for the moment being. I had heard a slew of his tracks before he blew up (hell, before the album was announced). It was tracks he worked on after being signed. Didn't like it. Locked Up ain't doin it for me. He's gettin his and I ain't gon wish him the opposite. I ain't on that wagon though
trae_z

Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:45 am

man if u're saying u're anti akon then u're on ur own man. i just heard and watched "locked up" and man did it blow me away. the song's tight. it gets u thinking. even the extras in the video got carried away/mesmerized with the song's captivating rythm. i myself cant get the song outta my head. female rapper rasheeda sure owns Akon one. he backed her up in her hit tracks: "Block to Block" and "Make It Hot" some years ago. i remember them songs well cos they were a must in parties on campus sometime in 2001

[quote name="Fivefold"]Call me stubborn and stupid but I ain't fuckin with this cat for the moment being. I had heard a slew of his tracks before he blew up (hell, before the album was announced). It was tracks he worked on after being signed. Didn't like it. Locked Up ain't doin it for me. He's gettin his and I ain't gon wish him the opposite. I ain't on that wagon though[/quote]
Fivefold

Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:07 pm

I just said I wasn't fucking with dude. (That was a while ago!)

Anyways, you'll understand my position better if you read my review of his album: http://www.thahiphop.com/en/index.php?o ... &Itemid=62
dim-star

Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:11 pm

Lonely is a nice track /got me thinking bout something
  • Information