THE AHH.COM FREE MIXTAPE THREAD

Promote your own other others' music, arts and events. African hip hop and related only.

Moderator:Juma4admin

zero

Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:59 pm

whoa! its been one helluva month...sorry y'all for the absence couldn't avoid it tho...peops who know me well...knew what was up...peops who don't...didn't need to know...LOL.

On a more serious note...i know the mixtape's beginin to look like detox...but i can assure u everything's been done on my end...spoke with modo yesterday cos i was going to jus up it as it is...but apparently he had some technical issues in his studio + he's been on the road a lot lately...that caused the delay. I'd hook up with him this wknd...and after then i'd let y'all know wassup. (it wont be delayed 4 much longer tho whatever happens...cos i'm really busy now & i've gotta get it over with!)

i've made arrangements with juma4 (ahh admin), he's offered to up it on this site, i'd prolly soundclick it too sha.

i'd get back to y'all sha asap with developments as they unfold...

4 now tho...i jus upped 2 random tracks of the mixtape here http://www.soundclick.com/theahhmixtape they are downloadable...enjoy!
Kid Konnect

Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:12 am

Just those two tracks were worth the wait......"Radio" is my shit.......Kahli and Fishe KILLED it!!!!!!
MHP

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:44 pm

Damn mayne! The Radio joint is Hot!

Dudes can flow. Wow.LOL

It reminds of a song I heard from the Dead Prez Album "Let's Get Free". I think I remember it now...still bigga than 'HipHop'

Nice work. Now I feel like I really didn't contribute...sh*t. And yet I be buggin this dudes like I did some'n. Hmph. Well, that's that.

@ Teck: u don download my joint? If u don download am abeg jus tell me wot u feel about it...the sample at the end is Miriam Makeba...it may not make the final compilation sha.
zero

Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:45 am

[quote name="MHP"]Damn mayne! The Radio joint is Hot!

Dudes can flow. Wow.LOL

It reminds of a song I heard from the Dead Prez Album "Let's Get Free". I think I remember it now...still bigga than 'HipHop'

Nice work. Now I feel like I really didn't contribute...sh*t. And yet I be buggin this dudes like I did some'n. Hmph. Well, that's that.

@ Teck: u don download my joint? If u don download am abeg jus tell me wot u feel about it...the sample at the end is Miriam Makeba...it may not make the final compilation sha.[/quote] the intro was lifted off that...& that album's d ish!
Oakes

Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:48 pm

Oakes heard the two joint,Oakes likes a looooooooooot

Dudes and Dudettes,that Radio joint was off the hook,peeped it awwwww AHH fam is fly with it,Big ups To Zero for real for putting this ish together despite the obstacles and all that,my biggest regret is that we never really got a chance to hear the greats let off steam,some of the newbies too I would love to hear some of you guys on Audio,talking Aux,Ghandi(forgive me if I dont mention any more names but too many of you to shout out to on this forum).I support the call that we embrace and support our own any which way,like the former mod Dramatik said,the onus is on more cats from up around here to take the game up a notch or two,Id rather be tripping about waiting for the latest single from say the Str8 butter coalition than some brothers a continent away,cos bruvs from here and around here are THAT good,same goes for producers too,West Wind ,Siege,Apop,and my current fave Kid Konnekt.

Path,Fahrenheit,Brock,Oozy,Teck.

Dudes I know peripherally and know a lil bit better.Mad Props.Im a believer.
MHP

Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:17 pm

[quote name="zero"]
[quote name="MHP"]Damn mayne! The Radio joint is Hot!

Dudes can flow. Wow.LOL

@ Teck: u don download my joint? If u don download am abeg jus tell me wot u feel about it...the sample at the end is Miriam Makeba...it may not make the final compilation sha.[/quote] the intro was lifted off that...& that album's d ish![/quote]

Yeah! Let's Get Free is Hot! But Radio is tha Sh*t!

Lemme add this...I'm working on some'n myself...a small project...or my album...

...and it's titled...Good Fruits from the Mind Farm...I've laced five joints already...reading wot Oakes says...I really think I need all the support I can get from all of y'all but...first...I'ma really have to earn that support...so I was thinkin'...e'rbody should pls...type they e-mail addresses...and I'll send them a couple of joints...I sent one already to Teckzilla...then I'll open a thread where y'all can talk about the joints and how bad they are or how good they can be...or wateva'...u know...so...let's get started...JEEZ! I'm typing too long. LOL
konko

Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:25 pm

wow! can't big up dat Radio joint enuff! good job Kid Konnect... mad props to Fishe and Khali. Rukus bringing dat laid back/conscious flow on the My time joint. by the way that Soulbrotha dude kinda sounds like my homie Presh!! dyeem... kinda eerie!lol

yo zero, when we go feel the rest na? don't let me go all MHP on u now! hehehe...
MHP

Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:01 pm

Hmmm.

MHP! MHP! E be like say na u dey check dis thing pass.
Nu'Rudeen
Posting Freak

Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:37 pm

U nor dey check reach me o!

How far guyz?

Anytin for de boiz to bump head to?
  • Information