THE AHH.COM FREE MIXTAPE THREAD

Promote your own other others' music, arts and events. African hip hop and related only.

Moderator:Juma4admin

mr rehd

Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:00 am

hey everyone,i've beem having this convo with Zero to work out the modalities for selling the first mixtape.the mixtape as it is hasnt garnered the respect and widespread promotion and sales it deserves so i decided to take it up with yall.My proposal is open to constructive scrutiny,criticism and suggestions.

i solicit your support,

thank you.

To: zero

hi homie wats going on with you.i hope your in good health.i just completed printing a thousand copies of the mixtape above for radio promo and other stuff.you know till now many people in mainstream naija music industry dont know about this mixtape of such magnitude.

i'm suggesting that we embark on the marketing of the mixtape cos i have the requisite connections and muscle to push the mixtape to heights which it deserves with your help of course them other fellas involved and other innumerable volunteers .

in furtherance of this objective i hope we can chat at length before bringing it to the table for others to make input.

my numbers are 0707393927600 or 080877065684.alternatively,u could gimme ur number to hit u up on.

till i hear from you,

one love.

* Delete message

* Quote message

Re: that naija chapter mixtape

Sent at: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:51 pm

To: mr rehd

Before u go further, how do u plan to compensate EVERYBODY that put in work on the tape?

zerosplaylist 2

bro thanks for replying?

i've also pondered on that but the main purpose first if all is to promote the material and the artistes involved.next we're going to reach out to every artiste involved asking them to help with the sales of the cds up to the number they feel they can sell-no matter how little.the cds will be given to them at a price that enables them to make instant profit from sales.also when discussing with the artistes involved we'll agree on a specific amount acruable to the various artistes form the sale of each cd.

i know its hard to trust people especially in Nigeria.The difference with my outfit is we're in business for real,we already have a reputation with notable artistes and labels,we're in the industry to grow artistes and we our biggest asset at this stage is our reputation to deliver and stay above board.High sounding ideals,but true and earnestly being pursued.

all expenses will be laid out on the table for everyone to assess whether there's any skimming going on.

please ask me any questions so i can clarify you.

till then,

rehd.

* Delete message

* Quote message

Re: that naija chapter mixtape

Sent at: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:47 pm

To: zero

hi zero pls find here a more detailed explanation of how the artistes will get their monies.

modalities for the profit sharing for the sale of the AHH.com mixtape:the naija chapter.

scale of sale used fro forecast-100,000 copies.

*amount due to each artiste from general sale of cds-

*amount due to artiste from individual sale of cds-

suggested retail price-#100.00

suggested wholesale price #70.00-#80.00

amount due to each artiste based on projected general sales=100,00 * #4

amount due to each artiste based on individual sales effort=5,00* #60

amount due 300,00

total amount due per artiste=700,000.00 @ 100,000 cds sold

sales promotion costs

1.Mp3(1 mp3 per 1,000 cds sold) @ #2,000 per mp3 * 100

2.t-shirts(1 t-shirt per 1,000 cds sold) @ 2,500 per mp3 * 100

3.1,000posters #250,000.00

4.1,000flyers #200,000.00

#450,000.00

imperatives to make this proposed profit sharing formula a reality:

1.set up a payment procedure of all monies due to each artiste in the project(a customized or one size fits all approach).

2.details of a designated account where all monies generated from the general sales will be paid into.

sales forecasting

1.location of artiste.

2.estimated number of individual sales,

3. suggested sales strategy.

3.other observations,tips of artistes
MHP

Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:12 pm

Wow! I swear...I dont understand a whole lot of all that money talk. I wish u could jus break it down for me u know...cos when e don enter money matter...english too dey plenty inside...no disrespect to u in a anyway tho.

Do what u gotta do...and I wouldnt mind coppin some copies for sell. U even got T-shirts? Man! I want that too! lol

Nice work man.
mr rehd

Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:39 pm

sorry if its confusing but quoted below the bottomline from our calculations after ample market research.i only put up all the correspondence to show there was nothing to hide.

modalities for the profit sharing for the sale of the AHH.com mixtape:the naija chapter.

scale of sale used fro forecast-100,000 copies.

*amount due to each artiste from general sale of cds-

*amount due to artiste from individual sale of cds-

suggested retail price-#100.00

suggested wholesale price #70.00-#80.00

amount due to each artiste based on projected general sales=100,00 * #4

amount due to each artiste based on individual sales effort=5,00* #60

amount due 300,00

total amount due per artiste=700,000.00 @ 100,000 cds sold

sales promotion costs

1.Mp3(1 mp3 per 1,000 cds sold) @ #2,000 per mp3 * 100

2.t-shirts(1 t-shirt per 1,000 cds sold) @ 2,500 per mp3 * 100

3.1,000posters #250,000.00

4.1,000flyers #200,000.00

#450,000.00

imperatives to make this proposed profit sharing formula a reality:

1.set up a payment procedure of all monies due to each artiste in the project(a customized or one size fits all approach).

2.details of a designated account where all monies generated from the general sales will be paid into.

sales forecasting

1.location of artiste.

2.estimated number of individual sales,

3. suggested sales strategy.

3.other observations,tips of artistes[/quote]
linkris
Posting Freak

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:31 am

Peace fam...what's the deal with this?

time and internet time limited on my side, what's happening with this mixtape, is it done, still in progress?

what's the topic, can i donate a track, any features?

Holla Back

Peace
  • Information