Looking for a Ghanaian penpal

Promote your own other others' music, arts and events. African hip hop and related only.

Moderator:Juma4admin

FIYAWATA MUSIC

Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:29 am

Peace & Love from Oakland California!

My name is Zakiya and I am half of the dub, hip-hop, soul duo known as FIYAWATA pronounced FIREWATER. In addition to being musicians, we also teach hip-hop to high school youth in the Bay Area.

Currently, we are applying for a grant that would allow us to travel to Ghana for a month and shoot a documentry on the African hip-life scene. While visiting, we want to interview different artists, check out the club scene, the history of the music, and find out how folks in Ghana feel about American hip hop. We also want to share CDs/DVDs, and other material from local hip-hop groups.

The goal is to educate young people about the socio-political conditions of youth and how hip-hop is used as a tool to deal with those conditions. I know this is not the type of penpal that you asked for but I figured that I would give it a shot. I was wondering if you had any advice for me, I would also appreciate any contacts that you could share. Please visit our website to learn more about the group and listen to our music. at http://www.fiyawataonline.com.

1LUV,

Zakiya
ob_1ne

Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:19 pm

WHADDUP...HU EVA POSTED THAT TING...REPPIN GHANA TO THA FULLEST!HELP U OUT WIT NETHAING U NEED!!I ONT REALLY LIKE HIP LIFE THO!THINK ITS AN AFFRONT TO TRUE HIP HOP!I BELIE TWI RAPPERS ARE DIFFERENT FROM HIPLIFERS!THAS MA WORD...!

NUF LUV PA...1NE
  • Information