Would "African Americans" move to Africa

Promote your own other others' music, arts and events. African hip hop and related only.

Moderator:Juma4admin

rebelafrika

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:37 am

There are different tendencies in the African community (the African decendents of slavery) in amerikkka. Just like there are those who would NEVER want to return to Africa, there are equally, many who DESPERETLY want to return to Africa. I am one of them. The only difference is, the Africans who want to return to Africa are concealed in the media (newspapers, t.v., movies, radio, etc.) therefore it is hard to communicate with the masses in the African community back home (in Africa). It is hard for the masses of Africans back home to know we are out here. We have to communicate through "hear say". Just like I have heard that Africans back home do not hate us Africans in amerikkka. But the media (all aspects of it) will try to use "divide and conquor" on us and tell us that they do. Luckily I have befriended many Africans from many different states in Africa and I KNOW the lies from the truth. The point is, there are Africans in amerikkka that don't want to go back to Africa, but there are also MANY Africans who would FLY out of amerikkka at the first opportunity. I am going to school first so that when I go back I will have something to contribute to Africa instead of being an extra burden on Africa.
BrothaNature

Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:59 am

[quote name="rebelafrika"]There are different tendencies in the African community (the African decendents of slavery) in amerikkka. Just like there are those who would NEVER want to return to Africa, there are equally, many who DESPERETLY want to return to Africa. I am one of them. The only difference is, the Africans who want to return to Africa are concealed in the media (newspapers, t.v., movies, radio, etc.) therefore it is hard to communicate with the masses in the African community back home (in Africa). It is hard for the masses of Africans back home to know we are out here. We have to communicate through "hear say". Just like I have heard that Africans back home do not hate us Africans in amerikkka. But the media (all aspects of it) will try to use "divide and conquor" on us and tell us that they do. Luckily I have befriended many Africans from many different states in Africa and I KNOW the lies from the truth. The point is, there are Africans in amerikkka that don't want to go back to Africa, but there are also MANY Africans who would FLY out of amerikkka at the first opportunity. I am going to school first so that when I go back I will have something to contribute to Africa instead of being an extra burden on Africa.[/quote]

Yeah, get that education and be sure to save up mad loot, so when you get out there, make sure to buy up some land. Its even easier if you know people.

Europeans come to Africa all the time to buy MILES of land and open up businesses. And now even Asians. I dont see why we should'nt. Especially those in the Hip Hop nation.

There's loads of opportunities over there, and many are not aware of it, most of which like you said, comes from the lack of media attention (IMHO on purpose).
natty

Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:45 am

returning to afrikha cant be preached to the mass audince anymore as marcus and them did. Being in america or jamaica is a damage that has already be done so accepting the african roots can only be oneself consiousness .... coming to the motherland (visit or reside) will be rewarding yourself not proving to anyone that i'm so african that's why i'm in africa.

we're living in the world controlled by the western "shitstem" whether in africa or america; then if the point is helping africa and africans then look in the battle ground you're in..... you'll find different ways and resources that would be happily embrassed by those in need.
IMF~CEO.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:15 am

:D i am too working on moving to africa someday...

eventually the economy will change in the united states to the point that even with an education wont save you in cooperate america. But it can along with self marketing can immprove you in africa. I believe africa will be the future for blacks all over the world to live beacuse europe & america will crush Comformaty tollerance so tight amongs Black citizens that to survive in the New world it wont be about how much money you have, how bigg your degree, or how good you can TOM fo white society. I will be about youg education tallent that you can contribute to your Black Nation...

african was a state of mind....

in the near future it will be BLACK HEAVEN
Grumpy Kid

Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:01 pm

I wrote a good peace then i lost it.

Imma try again.

Ok imma send you guys an e-mail I sent to my friend about two weeks ago.

But before i do that I MUST say that my views on how blakk americans view us-blakk africans, have changed dramatically.

I wrote that e-mail after chattin to a group of brothas on line who really got on ma nerve. I stupidly or partly stupidly ended up writting a little peace on the matter. Please forgive me for saying the (3%) thing. That was said without thought, but i have decided to send this mail without editing-so that you can feel what i was feeling at that moment.

lastly, these are just my opinions/views so if i am wrong or you think there's anythin more you would like me to know-feel free to reply.

Peace..and...here...goes...

Ya man vipi,

duh ahsante sana kwa e-mail zako mzee.

Ni vizuri kuwa wabongo wanafanya kazi nzuri ndani ya hip-hop mshikaji, bomba sana namna hiyo.

lakini our focus is not on what others are doing, but on what we are doing.

we are not to be intimidated but their success but blessed by their success.

we focus on our own shit, not others. wether its good or bad. we doin wat we want to do, not otherwise. we accomplish wat we want and got to accomplish not otherwise.

Take wat i said seriously, because its the key for your/our success.

I have decided to stop looking at wat others have done. and focus more and more on wat and how i am going to do wat i wanna do.

I do not have to use ways others have used, i can form my own ways. my destiny lies/lays where i want it to. in other words, i chopose where i will end up to. I am the ladder on my own ship. i turn where i want to turn. I can be dangerous to myself and i can be salvation to myself.

All of the above is said and inspired by God in me.

If God is in me, wat i do is wat he does, i mean he assist me in doing wat i wanna do, which then means that he is part of wat i am doing which concludes to me that he is actually doing wat i am doing.

Its like, I am in control but i am not. if you understand. its like I am in control but he is. but he can't be unless i allow him to, which sort of brings bakk the control to me, u see?

Next topic,

I was chattin to a group of african americans online the other day about Africa, which lead us to rap among other things such as who really rule africa.

wat do you think about who rules africa??

why?

how did that happen?

how can we end that?

i wish i could be talking to you face to face right now. cos i get really fired up when it comes to talk about something i value so much.

It seems like we have no respect from those brothas out there.

Infact we dont.

and if we do, its about 3% no more.

but wait, why would we get respekt from other colors if our own color, the people from the same breed if i may use that saying since i think caring about colors is like animocity- then who would care about us?? if our people dont respekt us, who will? bring it bakk to tanzania and whole of africa, who do we view ourselves as in this world? how do we do that? why? shit how can we end that?

Tell you what, we have viewed ourselves as people of low value(with a reason to that).

They had been brutalised, broken from the chambers of themselves, that is broken from the spirit, and since then they have been fighting to climb up and see them selves as equal to the rest of the wolrd. now, the way we have viewed ourselves seem to have transfered to others who now view us as we used to view ourselves. it hurts doesn't it?

anyways i know i am so vague on this shit. but i just wanted to flow my thoughts out as they come.

o.k i am not saying then that we young ones are the way we are now bcause of wat happened to our ancestors, but we have that part in us. then we have the ways that our parents have brought us, and then we have the relatives who were among us as we grew-some of these treated us wrongly which caused us to see us as we have seen us b4. but no more. that is and has changed.

Its changed because we have come to the drivers seats of our lives now.

we decide wat we want.

wat we make. where we go. how we go.

who we are. how we are.

we make decisions for all of that.

we are the leaders of ourselves.

we decide we are going to get food through music? that will happen.

we decide we gon be famous? that we'll happen. we decide where we gonna get famous, that will happen.

we have to be careful.

very carefull.

because everything we stick to, will eventually appear.

if we stick to being famous in Tanzania, that will happen, but then it would only happen in tanzania. but if we want to be known world wide, we will go for that and that will happen.

All this that i Have been talking to you abut our decisions-is based on faith.

beleave wat you want you gon get it. and you will get it.

I am glad that i am not looking back to wat i have succeeded in before. cos that is not faith anymore. that happened because of faith, but its not faith now. i am glad because i look forward to wat i wanna succeed in.

if i am looking bakk, it means i am lookin at that success, but not succeedin now. if i look forward it means i am not succeeding now, but looking forward to succeed, so-i got to look now, live now, succeed now.

no bakk no forward-its now.

now now now now now now now.

Thats all there is-NOW.

Now is more precious that bakk or future.

I am NOW. who i will be has no value unless i am enjoying the NOW.

Am I lookin forward to be a rapper or am i Rappin now? I gots to Rap NOW.

Am I pure or will be? I gots to be NOW.

Am I living??????? or will I live? I gots to Live now.

No future.

hehehe. you feel me brotha?

Hope you are still with me despite my vague thoughts in the middle of this letter.

Africans-Who are we? are we of low value?or precious? now, later or past? then we gots to decide and make who we are NOOWWW.

God Bless you.

Ight peoplez, jus thoughts flowin out of a StruGlaH.

Peace!!!
Grumpy Kid

Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:06 pm

Just realized there's a few spelling mistakes or incorrect gramar in there. Sorry bout that.

peace!!!
zimbabwe

Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:40 pm

i been reading this post and it seems that of peeps arent african like me

anyway they wouldnt make it , the struggle , the inflation ,the corruption

the poverty. let me tell you african gettho , povery, villages, high density areas and townships make the us projects look like THE RITZ
zimbabwe

Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:48 pm

i came the us one year ago in fear of my safety .

and i did a few unlawful things , thats why i aint thurr right now

ii wont lie to you things is easier here than ther.

if u dont got cash u can be on welfare,

in zimbabwe welfae is they give your kids pencils and erasers.

and here you get educated for free in africa you pay taxes that go to the ministers buying mercs and beemers and you pay about US$20 000 a year for a decent education unless u want to be in a class where 50 kids share 10 book 20 pencils and one desk\and dont tell me thats not true i lve ther my whole life

and my dad was working every day of the year to pay US$60000 a year school fees and he stil is just to pay of the bill and hes a bank mananger

to survive in africa you have to have been born there and not know that there is better
naztik

Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:26 pm

yea is one brother from west africa nigeria. i ve gatto tell ya. africa is the best place to be, not talking of any shit politic but believ is really beautiful there.

so if yall brothaz ands sistaz are coming home be my quest u be bless.

u r more than welcome.

men im just trying to visualize the scene men is beautiful u gatto come someday some how. no place like home

one love bound blacks
  • Information