Would "African Americans" move to Africa

Promote your own other others' music, arts and events. African hip hop and related only.

Moderator:Juma4admin

cosmic

Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:38 pm

I have been curious about this 4 a while. In all fairness would our brothas and sistas over in da States move to Africa under any circumstances? Scenario: Da powers dat b decide 2 become even more racist than before. I see dem all on T.V reciting de same 'ol tired line once dey have touched African soil "I feel like i've come home" etc. Would they survive if they were all put in a big boat and shipped off to where they came from? Please put my mind at ease on this topic & plz b real. No need to be politically correct just tell us da truth. Word!!!!!!!!!
AndahGround Soundz

Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:28 pm

cant help but point out the racist tone in your question. these days cats have planes..no need for the whole "big boat" thing. whats your point? so what if they make it? so what if they dont? whats the bigger picture ur trying to make? or you just trying to see if they can survive a fuckin boat ride? tired of all this "division" bullshit yall cats tryin to plant. just fuckin live and be conscious of those trying to make it.
Exzit

Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:02 am

hell yea we'd move to Africa. I'm woking on it right now! I don't care if i do have to come in a rickty broke down boat I'm comin'. And if anyone wants to kick me some change lemme know.

Boats, planes and buses ain't free u know.

p.s. mad peeps over here (u.s.a.) would come back if they knew how beautiful Africa really is.
BrothaNature

Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:28 am

[quote name="AndahGround Soundz"]cant help but point out the racist tone in your question. these days cats have planes..no need for the whole "big boat" thing. whats your point? so what if they make it? so what if they dont? whats the bigger picture ur trying to make? or you just trying to see if they can survive a fuckin boat ride? tired of all this "division" bullshit yall cats tryin to plant. just fuckin live and be conscious of those trying to make it.[/quote]

Glad you caught that one! I mean, first off, Whites do not even have the authority to "ship" anyone any place, given the fact that European/Cuacasians ARE NOT indigenous to American soil. So we dont even need to debate on Who Should Go Back Home!

And by the way there are already a number of African Americans moving to countries such as Nigeria, South Africa and naturally Ghana.
panther

Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:14 pm

well i cant speak for every black american person out here but i would love stay out there cuz i hear itz real beautiful and the people out there r real cool people and thats something i would love to be around and the only reason im staying in america is cuz this is were from and my family is out here and i cant live my family like that but when i get more money i going too buy a house on the west coast part of africa that way when i visit africa i'll have a place i can call home.
Vexer

Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:44 pm

[quote name="AndahGround Soundz"]cant help but point out the racist tone in your question. these days cats have planes..no need for the whole "big boat" thing. whats your point? so what if they make it? so what if they dont? whats the bigger picture ur trying to make? or you just trying to see if they can survive a fuckin boat ride? tired of all this "division" bullshit yall cats tryin to plant. just fuckin live and be conscious of those trying to make it.[/quote]

I feel u.Its all about recognising struggle.It doesn't really matter where u r.Personally I wouldn't understand why someone would leave a place like the U.S. coz there's more opportunities there than here.Its not that I'm saying the gates are just open and its easy but at least u can do more there than u can here. If u guys really came down to live here you would be surprised at the difference.there's a lot of shit that u guys take for granted that u'd miss down here.

Personally I don't feel like like u guys in the U.S> need some sort of African validation from us.U r who u given where U r and that should be enuff for anyone.
Revoltod

Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:19 pm

Listen y'all, i don't think black peolple out there in the states would leave everything and come back to Africa if they ain't got a good reason or if they ain't gonna get a good job outhere.The point is that although these people ancestors was forced to leave africa, their brodas nowadays are choosin' by themselves to emigrate to states in order to have a better job or position in life.All I gotta say is that each african Born or african descendant should choose where they wanna live at.If black people in the U.S. take advantage of their geographic position the whole African continent can benefit from it.In street slang, to be less polite...

WE EARN THE MONEY IN THE MOTHAFUCKIN' U.S. AND INVEST IT IN THE MOTHERLAND-AFRICA!!!!

One love brodas...and...please...let's keep with this good discussions but in order to enhance africa not just for self enhancement
BrothaNature

Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:07 am

In street slang, to be less polite...

WE EARN THE MONEY IN THE MOTHAFUCKIN' U.S. AND INVEST IT IN THE MOTHERLAND-AFRICA!!!!

One love brodas...and...please...let's keep with this good discussions but in order to enhance africa not just for self enhancement.
Yo, Im all for African development, and the upliftment of African people world wide. And the people from the so called Hip Hop youth have the potential.
BlackIce

Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:31 am

If I could have a better life there than the one I have here why not?
Mchapakazi

Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:53 am

I don think they will be back coz they failed even to do enough benefit concert to there dude and realative, and once ya in US and they heard ya straight from Africa they sound like ....hey so u know ya realatives and grand...they start be jelousy and....i met many of themthey way they sound they will never get their ass back here, but hey we keep this shit happend and stuff life is for liveing aiight

Hiphop is worldwide culture

peace
  • Information