A Poem Format Challenge!

Moderator:Juma4admin

41Trippa

Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:40 pm

I'm no literary expert, I think this is obvious from my posts, but I've been kind of leaning towards getting a better format to the pieces I write. I think it will challenge me in lots of ways. Here is a little challenge, simple and compact. See if you can handle it! I found it on here:

http://cte.jhu.edu/techacademy/web/2000 ... ml#choices

Now, I don't propose to continue the rest of the above as I have a bright idea forming ..... so ..... as they say, "walk with me for a while"!!

The BOLD should be in your poem; the ITALICS should be your words. Rhymes are unnecessary. Try to keep it real.

I am (two special characteristics you have)

I wonder (something you are actually curious about)

I hear (an imaginary sound)

I see (an imaginary sight)

I want (an actual desire)

I am (the first line of the poem repeated)

EXAMPLE:

I am a carefree girl who loves horses.

I wonder if there ever was a horse that could fly.

I hear the stomping of a hundred mustangs on the desert in Arabia.

I see a horse with golden wings soaring into the sunset.

I want to ride swiftly over a green meadow.

I am a carefree girl who loves horses.

Any one can start this off, I have no shame!!
Poetic Seraph
Posting Freak

Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:01 am

aight Trippa, nice challenge, I'ma keystyle and see what I come up wiht

I am complexity in an overly empathic female body

I wonder if humanity really believes that - in their own lil world - they can forever live without facing tragidy

I hear music in the aura of those that surround me

I see grey ghosts prepare themselves for war, while they reminisce on how it was before

I want one moment of inner peace, just one minute during which I don't have to think anymore

I am complexity in an overly empathic female body
poeticchills

Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:48 pm

I am the miracle of two souls, with the determination of 1,000 men

I wonder if my gifts will be enough to evade each hurdle in my path

I hear the whimpers of loved ones when I'm thrusted overboard into the rapids of life

I see the rivers rippling down their faces forging oceans because I made it

I want the materialistic life to be an affair of the past because while I WANT others NEED

I am the miracle of two souls, with the determination of 1,000 men
Beesting
Posting Freak

Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:36 pm

I am the bottom of a trench, with truth in it, and it’s difficult to grasp my intent

I wonder if I’ll ever find a match, a sensitive being, yet strong enough to hold ma back

I hear an echo of her footsteps, but when turning back she’s lost in the mist of hanging skirts

I see faces, racing, burdens from different places, will my emotions be carried loosely in these bags of plastic

I want skin and fire to take me higher, with enormous mental power for a ladder

I am the bottom of a trench, with truth in it, and it’s difficult to grasp my intent
is jus' me

Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:30 pm

[quote name="Beesting"]I am the bottom of a trench, with truth in it, and it’s difficult to grasp my intent

I wonder if I’ll ever find a match, a sensitive being, yet strong enough to hold ma back

I hear an echo of her footsteps, but when turning back she’s lost in the mist of hanging skirts

I see faces, racing, burdens from different places, will my emotions be carried loosely in these bags of plastic

I am the bottom of a trench, with truth in it, and it’s difficult to grasp my intent[/quote]

bee where do you get your inspiration? im serious. answer me please??? :lol: :lol: dis all beautiful!

yeah right it is dificult 2 grasp your intent! nver thought 1 cld manipulate da whole thing nd talk about their dream woman?? if i gt da delibrtn right.

creative and brainy! skool me bee :wink: i ma drop something ltr
is jus' me

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:10 pm

i ma drop a beat!

I am a poetic pundit and like an addict can’t stay without my mic, but at times

I wonder whether the tide of my poetic sap will carry me through eternity

I hear that before I was born I swam in the soulful muted pool of metas and drank from the cup of rhymes, I am poetry and poetry is me, so

I see myself in a nation over creation dropping rhetorical conventions like clumsy waiters drop their plates

I want to ride the crest of life on waves of words and streams of my brain power through into eternity

I am a poetic pundit and like an addict can’t stay without my mic

is jus me: a sunrise da color of nite
Ms-Kels

Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:30 pm

[quote name="Beesting"]I am the bottom of a trench, with truth in it, and it’s difficult to grasp my intent

I am the bottom of a trench, with truth in it, and it’s difficult to grasp my intent[/quote]

I'm not going to post anything now or today or this week but I'll definetly drop it next week since I might exceed my limit.

Beesting........ this is TYTE.....

Maybe I am the match that you are looking for because I am also lokking for my match :wink: plus I think I am what you just described, sensitive being, yet strong enough to hold your back.

Later man(think about it)
Beesting
Posting Freak

Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:02 am

Damn ladies; Is-jus me and Ms Kels, thanks a whole lot. Hey Ms Kells, that's nice hahaha :wink:
41Trippa

Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:23 pm

I am passionate about life but fear missing it wholly

I wonder if there is a "LOVE" that can stand the test of time and still be "LOVE"

I hear the voice of all that was, is and will ever be in the echoes of the conch shell

I see angels dancing before me when I'm in my Mothers presence

I want another day to sit, talk and look into the eyes of my departed brother

I am passionate about life but fear missing it wholly
I-Shine

Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:38 pm

I am their worst nightmare but at the break of dawn all their fears will be gone

I wonder why the world is so cold then a voice within said if it's cold that I've got to build fire around it

I hear that a white mans YES is a black mans MAYBE

I see hip hop pioneers freestyling the look in their eyes said they don't want to be forgotten, I woke up reincarnated bodies of legend I'm bearing

I want to walk the path of rap stars but the road to fame is rough

I am their worth nightmare but at the break of dawn all their fears will be gone
  • Information