Rules: READ BEFORE YOU POST (UPDATED)

Moderator: Juma4admin

Poetic Seraph
Posting Freak

Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:20 pm

hey quick question. is it possible to change ur screen name? cuz on here i'm serious jokers ent, but my alias is Poetic Seraph and i'd like to change it but can't find it nowhere?
is jus' me

Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:59 pm

[quote name="kast1"]well done on being a mod :!: :!: :!: the rulz are exactly wat we need :!: :!: :!:[/quote]

amen!
trace

Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:21 pm

Ey, this idea is great havent been around for a well but I think it will help to liven thingz up in this place.
Tswa

Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:04 am

i couldnt read your rules coz they are written in pink. i'm pink blind if its off a dude.

Mlom'Wakho Poetry Session

11 October 2008, 13:30hrs

Bulawayo Theater Bulcony

Featuring:

Your Space (our own peoples podium)

Legendary Cypher(to close off)

Featured Poets

Sane

Fiona

Tswarelo

Featured Emceez

Blak Phar i

Zion Oasis

Ikon (yes, the legendary)

Vocal Percussionist & Drummer

Aero5.

Quotable

Entry: Free
Juma4
Posting Freak

Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:45 am

Tswa, what makes you think AddictiveSoul is a dude :)
Poetic Seraph
Posting Freak

Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:30 pm

I been thinking about something. I love this poetry place and the poets in it. We have this rule that new poets need to give at least 3 feeds to other people's work before posting their own. A few of us keep repeating these rules to the new poets, but not all of them follow up on that 1 important rule that keeps the forum active.

so i was thinking if it is possible that, if a new poet posts a poem, without giving feed to other work, to close his or her poem from feedback. i've seen this on another forum and it really works. the only thing is that our mods are hardly ever online. I've noticed that Couzifer is here pretty much every day and I drop in every day too (even though I don't post every day). There are a few other that are here on a regular basis too. So maybe one of these people can become a mod too (if they're up for it), with the purpose to make sure new artists follow that important rule and if they don't their post(s) get locked for feedback until they show that they can read and feed on other poet's work too.

just a thought
Juma4
Posting Freak

Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:51 pm

Cool! About that rule of closing one's thread - I leave that up to the frequent users of this section (including you).

And yes we need more mods; Poetic Seraph do you want to be one? Also if you have suggestions for other people who will do the job... let us know cos we do need new mods all over this place, not just in the Poetry section.
  • Information