Rules: READ BEFORE YOU POST (UPDATED)

Moderator: Juma4admin

Poetic Seraph
Posting Freak

Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:10 pm

Juma, I'm down with being a mod. I think Couz would make a great mod too. the thing is, I'm mainly (almost strictly) in the poetry section, but i could start nozing around a lil :)
Poetic Seraph
Posting Freak

Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:50 pm

I see a lot of new poets on here, which is exiting and great. they all bring a new style to this place. I also see that they do stick to the number 1 rule, but as I go through their feedbacks, it kinda feel like some of them (not all!!) just give some feedback real quick (with short replies like 'wow that was great'), just to get to that 3 feedback rule and then they go and post 6 or 7 poems.

I don't mind them posting a lot, I like the new imput. BUT the feedback sometimes kinda disturbs me. You can't really tell if people actually been reading the poetry, or if they just replied to the post to stick to the rule so they can go and post their poetry.

this is actually the main reason why I stay away from other poetry places online, cuz of the feedback you get that isn't feedback at all. I don't expect everybody to go and analyze every line in a poem, but I think that the writer would be pleased to see a reply that shows that you actually been reading their work. even if it's just a quote of the favorite lines or the impression the poem gave.

I know we can't force no one to give some decent feedback on each and every poem, but I think that it should be mentioned nonetheless so that people can consider giving feedback that is more than a few words.

just my 2 cents
MC Qham

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:09 pm

[quote name="Poetic Seraph"]I see a lot of new poets on here, which is exiting and great. they all bring a new style to this place. I also see that they do stick to the number 1 rule, but as I go through their feedbacks, it kinda feel like some of them (not all!!) just give some feedback real quick (with short replies like 'wow that was great'), just to get to that 3 feedback rule and then they go and post 6 or 7 poems.[/quote]

truest!
  • Information