If AHH poets were ever to meet (poetry chain)

Moderator:Juma4admin

Poetic Seraph
Posting Freak

Wed May 20, 2009 5:41 pm

How many pens and crayons would we need, how many paper sheets?
cornelius

Wed May 20, 2009 6:16 pm

At least we meet electronicly :D , but if that would happen i wish i could be seller of pens and crayons(enough profits).

but check this out, i've been thinking cant we all do a collabo and maybe release an AHH poetry book.

i mean on the hiphop side we mixtapes, but dont dont you guys think we can also elevate to a book or something :roll: .

speak your mind its just a sugestion! thanks.word
Poetic Seraph
Posting Freak

Wed May 20, 2009 6:55 pm

I been thinking about this for a very long time, but it's the practical part that is difficult. someone even started a Hall of Fame a while ago, but they stopped with that too. cuz it would mean reading through aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the poems. and trust me, there are a lot and a lot and a lot of poems on here :D

Another point is, being a self publishing poet, I've experienced that books don't sell as good as mixtapes. and how to arrange and probably divide the finances (expenses and income?)

I just wish that one day we could just meet face to face, all of the AHH poets (at least the active ones), spend at least a week together and see how inspirational our combined inspiration would be :)

One day...when one of us hits the big jackpot ;)
cornelius

Wed May 20, 2009 7:00 pm

true that, though sometimes i wish things could be that simple!

but life aint a fantasy ride i suppose.one day we just might pull it.
Poetic Seraph
Posting Freak

Wed May 20, 2009 7:04 pm

u know what we could do though. which I think it's practical and easy

we could create an AHH Poetry E-Book. Making it costs nothing (I have the program on my pc), so every poet could send it to whoever they want to, we could make it available online for free (since it costs us nothing), you can just send it by email, or put a download link on a website, profile, facebook, myspace, whatever...
cornelius

Wed May 20, 2009 7:13 pm

makes binding sense,and am definately in !

lets lets not keep our thoughts to our selves. lets let the world leap into our thoughts for a while
Poetic Seraph
Posting Freak

Wed May 20, 2009 7:16 pm

maybe we should make a whole project out of it, to promote African Poets. Online workshops, whatever... :)
cornelius

Wed May 20, 2009 7:27 pm

yeah you right, all we got to do is perfect our edge.

infact online we can touch more peolpe than doing a book,

because just imagine how far apart the subcribers to this site stretch.
teckzilla

Thu May 21, 2009 3:14 am

Spoken Word mixtape - yes,never been done before..at least I have never heard of anyone who has done that sort of thing.All depends if the poets themselves are good with the vocal thingy..I mean- think about it and holla back!!
b boy

Thu May 21, 2009 8:53 am

i buy the idea cos i been viewing poetry here like 4 5 years b4 i jst decided 2 post smtn yesterday..........i support everything especially the mixtape thing ...............i think in reality the culture of poetry especially the african touch..............should be ressurected .........only a few r publicly fighting 2 keep the african flows of wisdom alive .........like k'nann the dusty foot philosopher .........so if we as poets can support him even if its by our little works of unimaginable words...........it would be an honour 4 me ..................speaking my mind here people.................and pls lets redescribe wat hiphop is 2 people...............so kids understand the truthfullness of this culture.......and become prophets like u guys............ :!:
  • Information