Discrimination (Xenophobia)

Moderator:Juma4admin

africanseed

Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:12 pm

mmmhhh!!!!!!!!!! XENOPHOBIA its what its called and i dont. i will come back later for this cos i ve been expecting it. am busy with exams and am writing two on 17 JUNE. I HAVE A DIFFERENT VIEW ON THIS AND I KNOW THAT EVERYONE WILL CHOW ME ALIVE BUT AM GOING TO SAY IT ANYWAY. COMING BACK AFTA THE 17TH.

XENOPHOBIA?????????

SOUTH AFRICA BELONGS TO ALL THOSE WHO LIVE IN IT????????

I DONT THINK SO
kast1
Posting Freak

Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:55 pm

i await your opinion on the 17th,,, and i hope to god your not gonna try and justify the xenophobic attacks... but i will wait and see what your reply is before i "chow you alive" :wink:

but i got a feeling its gonna be stupid and close minded :P
africanseed

Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:42 pm

Xenophobia is the deep dislike on foreing people[/b]

Am not suprised tht Kast came up with that kind of piece bcoz he is subjective on the issue (XENOPHOBIA?). People need to look beyond the picture not just at pic, be skeptical and they will find out why the foreign nationals were attacked.

What happened a few weeks ago in the country is not xenophobia. What happened in the country a few weeks back is a socio-economic crisis which the government has overlooked and ignored as they are ignoramus.I do not condone the beating and killing of our african brothers and sistas. the south african govt is glad tht its citizens are of the idea that what is happening in the country is Xenophobia. U dont welcome people in your territory live with them for years and then decide over one night that you going to hate them.

Socio-economic crisis

Ever since there have been civil wars in Africa, South Africa has always been the target country for refugees. They entered the country illegally, some were deported, some applied for refugee status and others became citizens legally and illegally. These people came in SA hoping to get jobs which the SA citizens are struggling to get themselves since White capitalists left the country when Black govt got into power. Remember that the foreing nationals have skills as compared to South Africans and that makes it easier for them to get jobs and they accepted low wages which South Africans are still fighting for till today. With social development moving slowly and corruption growing fast everyday, foreign nationals got the RDP houses which South Africans were not recieving as they are still waiting as I am writing now.

South Africa belongs to all those who live in it

Suppose you have ten children which u struggling to maintain, what do u expect to happen when u adopt fifty children from your sistas and brothers who keep on fighting over oil, diamond and gold being inspired by greediness and inhumanity. People in Africa should not be dying of hunger while mother Africa has huge breasts tht produce milk season in and season out. How can Mbeki be saying that SA belongs to all those who live in it while the resources tht we having are not enough for its citizens. South African citizens felt threatened and ended up attacking foreign nationals because the govt has been ignoring illegal entering of citizens looking for jobs tht South africans are struggling to find.

I DO NOT CONDONE ATTACKING OF FOREING NATIONALS IN ANYWAY, BUT THE SA GOVT HAS IGNORED THE ISSUE AND THESE ARE THE RESULTS NOW. WHATS HAPPENING IN THE COUNTRY IS NOT XENOPHOBIA IT IS A SOCIO- ECONOMIC CRISIS.

Mugabe is killing the Zimbabean citizens and the ANC govt is silent, if tht was happening in Sierra leone or Nigeria, could not they have sent troops to maintain peace in those countriies? The answer is they could have done so. Question is what is the hidden agenda between the ANC leadership and Mugabe? ZImbabean citizens need to go home and fight for change in their country. When Afrikaner forces were killing Blacks in the country we never ran away we fought back and won the fight against racism which we are still fihgting even today. To say tht our leaders were welcomed when they went out of the country with open hands is not the issue bcoz we not looking at the number of people who went to exile and the number of people flooding the country everday.LETS LOOK AT THE NUMBER AND DO THE COMPARISON. secondly, the leaders who went to exile around africa were not on holiday because they were hiding from the white government tht was still ruling in some of the african states. thirdly, those people were to go back home as soon as things went smooth in South Africa as it was agreed upon and they did exactly that .

I DO NOT CONDONE THE ATTACKS ON FOREIGN NATIONALS, I DO NOT.
mceeQ
Posting Freak

Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:51 pm

[quote name="africanseed"]Xenophobia is the deep dislike on foreing people[/b]

Am not suprised tht Kast came up with that kind of piece bcoz he is subjective on the issue (XENOPHOBIA?). People need to look beyond the picture not just at pic, be skeptical and they will find out why the foreign nationals were attacked.

What happened a few weeks ago in the country is not xenophobia. What happened in the country a few weeks back is a socio-economic crisis which the government has overlooked and ignored as they are ignoramus.I do not condone the beating and killing of our african brothers and sistas. the south african govt is glad tht its citizens are of the idea that what is happening in the country is Xenophobia. U dont welcome people in your territory live with them for years and then decide over one night that you going to hate them.

Socio-economic crisis

Ever since there have been civil wars in Africa, South Africa has always been the target country for refugees. They entered the country illegally, some were deported, some applied for refugee status and others became citizens legally and illegally. These people came in SA hoping to get jobs which the SA citizens are struggling to get themselves since White capitalists left the country when Black govt got into power. Remember that the foreing nationals have skills as compared to South Africans and that makes it easier for them to get jobs and they accepted low wages which South Africans are still fighting for till today. With social development moving slowly and corruption growing fast everyday, foreign nationals got the RDP houses which South Africans were not recieving as they are still waiting as I am writing now.

South Africa belongs to all those who live in it

Suppose you have ten children which u struggling to maintain, what do u expect to happen when u adopt fifty children from your sistas and brothers who keep on fighting over oil, diamond and gold being inspired by greediness and inhumanity. People in Africa should not be dying of hunger while mother Africa has huge breasts tht produce milk season in and season out. How can Mbeki be saying that SA belongs to all those who live in it while the resources tht we having are not enough for its citizens. South African citizens felt threatened and ended up attacking foreign nationals because the govt has been ignoring illegal entering of citizens looking for jobs tht South africans are struggling to find.

I DO NOT CONDONE ATTACKING OF FOREING NATIONALS IN ANYWAY, BUT THE SA GOVT HAS IGNORED THE ISSUE AND THESE ARE THE RESULTS NOW. WHATS HAPPENING IN THE COUNTRY IS NOT XENOPHOBIA IT IS A SOCIO- ECONOMIC CRISIS.

Mugabe is killing the Zimbabean citizens and the ANC govt is silent, if tht was happening in Sierra leone or Nigeria, could not they have sent troops to maintain peace in those countriies? The answer is they could have done so. Question is what is the hidden agenda between the ANC leadership and Mugabe? ZImbabean citizens need to go home and fight for change in their country. When Afrikaner forces were killing Blacks in the country we never ran away we fought back and won the fight against racism which we are still fihgting even today. To say tht our leaders were welcomed when they went out of the country with open hands is not the issue bcoz we not looking at the number of people who went to exile and the number of people flooding the country everday.LETS LOOK AT THE NUMBER AND DO THE COMPARISON. secondly, the leaders who went to exile around africa were not on holiday because they were hiding from the white government tht was still ruling in some of the african states. thirdly, those people were to go back home as soon as things went smooth in South Africa as it was agreed upon and they did exactly that .

I DO NOT CONDONE THE ATTACKS ON FOREIGN NATIONALS, I DO NOT.[/quote]

I'm sorry to burst ya bubble dude but lets break this issue down to its bare essentials.

First and foremost violence is not a means to an ends so lets jus get dat straight from the get go

Second i think there are a number of factors that contributed to the whole situation arising as it did. True say this situation did not suddenly appear its been silently building up over time like a pressure cooker until it culminated in the unfortunate events a couple of weeks ago.

These include of course the socio-economic factors which undoubtably played a part seeing that the majority of black south africa is living below da poverty line. But when u actually think abt so are most of the foreigners in SA,its not like their living in lavish mansions and da like driving fancy cars. On da contrary they are on the same hustle as an average south african,truth be told most of the pple killed and hurt actually lived in da townships they weren't pulled from da suburbs.Some one might say oh but they got jobs and da like, and get paid low wages. In truth these immigrants are skilled and only want to make a living,no doubt da low wage scenario doesn't help other pple in employment market but becoz they got a low wage dat jus shows how abjact their poverty is,dat they are willing to work for peanuts jus to make ends meet.That point really i think cuts out the socio-economic factors coz as much as da south africans are struggling so are the immigrants.

This brings me to another factor government policies,truth be told da ANC isn't da best implementer of programmes. In reality since SA indepence they have constantly failed to deliver on their promises of land and housing for dis-enfranchised africans.However like any Govt da country must be productive and economically viable. So being dat da huge Capitalist multi-coparations like De Beers and like who sponsor the govt campaigns and candidates don't u think they wuld want to maximize profits cutting costs in pay packages. These companies run SA and no manner of govt in SA can stop their grind.The immigrants take lower wages and da fat cats get higher profits while poor south africans charge down da innocent's brutalising them, when da real criminals are in da Joburg Skyrises and Tshwane statehouses. These companies jus laugh while we kill ourselves same blood pple in da same struggle,and they exploit us,coz to keep making money off us they need to divide pples.Same tactic was used by Europeans when they took over africa n do u think their descendants haven't perfected da tactic?

The SA government also doesn't fully provide for its populus in terms of education and da like i mean seriously SA is a "nd world country but got da illiteracy rate of a 3rd world nation. In all honesty if da SA government invested in education more to combat these problems foreign nationals with "better skills and more learned" would have a chance in da job market.Truth is da SA populus standards are set to a standard that allows foreign pple to thrive and in reality da SA pple get jealous if this fact dat for centurie they been in dat nation suffering n toiling and on comes Philemon from Zim and his been there a minute and seems to be doing betta than them. Nah man Pple from SA need to take responsiblity for themselves in as much as they did for their liberation which mind u alot of afircan countries played a part in bringing about. Those inkata fighters wren't training in Kruger National in da 70's and 80's they where in Moza,Zim,Bost and other SADC nations and thru solidarity dat one of our own was in bondage pple's pulled together.

Now i'm not saying SA has to pay back da favor on da contrary, i'm saying after all da sh*t these nations went thru this is how pples from down there act.In truth i know its jus a bunch of ignorant thugs who jus wanted to incite change but dats not da way to do it. In truth alot of most pple are da real under lying fact and reasoning for these attacks was simple,the govt failed da pple and these pple placed da blame on innocent bystanders and then vented out on da wrong ones.Wat u should have done was go Mr Mbeki's house. I could go on and on abt this subject but wat i jus wanted to say was in retrospect with da actions these pple took against their African brothers and sisters,is this da South Africa Hector Pietersen,Steve Biko,Chris Hani and da countless other revolutionaries died for? And i think u can agree dat it isn't,so brothers and sisters man up and lets fight this stupidity with positive moves

peace!!
ICE MAN

Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:46 am

its ashamed for what happened in Republic of South Africa.Once again i blame it on the leaders who fund such act.We should stop being used for self interest by these blood sucking mongrels.

imagine putting mattress socked with paraffin/petrol on your wounded beaten brother,light match stick and let him burn as others cheer, jeer.Its like watching reality SARAFINA.This is a shame and it shouldn't have happened anywhere in Africa,this stuff should happen only in mars.

....imagine African killing Africa.........
Xblaze
Posting Freak

Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:57 am

dude, africanseed, so if i were to "partly" justify the violence like u are doing, lets compare it to whats goin on in the states, more than a million pple migrate to the states yearly, both illegally and legally,the citizens justl like those of SA are also complaining of stolen jobs, dude, which jobs have ur name on it?????????? huh, just cos u live in SA dont make u the owner of that internship position that popped out, when u migrate to another country how would u like ur "logic" to be applied to u? everybody is hustling aiight, there is no way violence is an answer to injustice like that, its not like u guyz are being persecuted by the government likes its apartheid, when problems like this arise, demonstrate in the streets, block the roads, halt business for days and government will listen, for u to make the argument that "the government ignored the citizens, so therefore they went to kill foreigners" is plain absurd.
41Trippa

Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:27 pm

What to do, what to do, what to do ....

you can slice and dice recent events a million ways and you'll only arrive at the basic point --- "stress eventually exposes cracks". What one man can't fathom, another man sees brilliantly. If "I" know that individual foreigners are not the blame for all the socio-economic ills my country endures, it doesn't mean that my fellow African knows that. If I'm educated, it doesn't imply I will act with an empathetic/sympathetic heart. What you have are people getting "played" by government. It's age-old and it will continue until some entity arises which embraces the masses and treats them the same (I should say, allows each individual the freedom to determine their own destiny while protecting a set of intrinsic/inalienable rights) ... democracy would be that entity. (Maybe there should evolve another "ocracy" called the "JUSTOCRACY" where the focus is on the virtues of justice) And yes, there is corruption within democratic societies ... it must be wrestled with at all times. And yes, people will die ... no democracy came into being without death and upheaval. And if you have fear, know that you are right to be afraid ... those seeking power tend to be selfish and cruel unless they are reigned in by something greater than themselves. If america was created by one man versus a group ... can you imagine the hell that would've ensued. I mean really, look at the wars and skirmishes, the social woes that occurred as it is.

What I'll say is this .. every moment in your life is critical when your life if on the line. Don't think job .. think life ... because that is exactly what "is" and what "always has been" at stake in SA --- LIFE!!

Take hold of yourself, shake yourself and then ask yourself, "in the current situation

- what is my circle of safety

- who is in that circle

- can i rely on them to put in the effort to sustain this circle

- can we grow this circle

- can we "seed" circles which focus on commonalities

- can we govern the circle

- how will the powers that be view the circle

You have to fall back and "gather", quietly police yourselves, not lash out in anger ... slowly disarm the "usurpers" by taking away there method of control. But know this, he is greedy and your life means little and he will always prefer that it appears you jumped to your death versus being pushed. Disarm the devil!!
41Trippa

Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:23 am

Death to Discrimination

This~Criminal~Nation

kinda like I killed this, huh?!!
Black Noise

Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:22 am

AFROPHOBIA … “To know yourself is to know yourself” = from my 3rd solo CD out end FEB 2010 ... http://www.reverbnation.com/emileyx

Chorus

This ain’t Xeno, this be Afro-phobia

Cause mostly Africans are being killed here

Our outward expression of self-hate is so clear

Africans were well taught to hate what’s from Africa

First Verse

Afrophobia’s the self-hate that Apartheid created

Our countries ill-fated if our minds aren’t liberated

Internalized self-hatred keeps the masses separated

Un-integrated true freedoms dice have been weighted

Wait it be a force that implemented this injustice

An equal and opposite force is needed not just us