fruityloops vs reason

Non-African hip hip and other off-topic talk

Moderator:Juma4admin

Big_EL_Soulbrotha

Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:29 pm

it depends on what exactly you want to do. i personally prefer FL studio cos i so a lot of sampling and i prefer the interface of FL which i think is more user friendly. FL's been played down for a while but you only have to listen to 9th wonder to know that its pretty flexible. that said, reason is also quite good in its own way and i have sometimes used its samples as a rewire client in cubase along side FL runnin as a VST instrument. so if it was up to me, i'd get them and learn to use both; it'll only make u more versatile!
addict

Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:56 pm

cubase...is dope...

can u record on your pc your lyriks with FL.and RSN

how's the sound Quality...
Sike The God
Posting Freak

Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:17 pm

I say frooty, don't like reason, its 2 complicated,

But I started with that, now I prefer frooty....!

Peace.....! :D
Lo Lo

Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:22 pm

I Have to give up to Reason. Its amazing how people generally are afraid of exploring Reason to its depths. The sound Quality is a 9/10 for one. The number of things u can do and the sounds you can produce are infinite. And user friendliness? For me, it is like a charm.

U need to check out Reason 3. Its mind-blowing. All it takes is sitting down, understandong your workstation through reading certain things u dont understand, and then experimenting. Trust me, u wont regret!

One
Guluva

Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:42 pm

I Generally use Fruity for Vocal processing, drum computing n Synths for my beats but if i want a real unsynthd sound I rewire it with REason & use that instrument, redrum is also useful 2 but I mostly use Qubase SX for vocal recording and final arrangement & mixing its great :idea:

PS !!

Whoever says any Muz Production software is too Complicated obviously doesnt read the manual for reference :roll:
issues

Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:55 pm

fruity loops is great for sampling. you can just throw a loop in the slicer and sequence it easily

it doesnt really work all that well with external midi gear...

anything midi? reason...period. the STOCK sounds on there are just plain ill. i use it all the time for bass and such

but, of course, nothing beats an mpc...
LightsOut253

Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:43 am

ahh can anyone send me a program of any good beat program
Veres-Atile

Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:15 am

FL has a better interface, Reasons arangment is anoyin. u can do more with drums on FL like throw em on a piano roll and place drum sounds on demi temp and like 1/6 intervals. Sampler on Fl is sick u can manualy chop samples up and u can even edit the chops made by the slicer. Reason comes with dope drum sounds while FL ul have to sample or downlaod drum kits. over all FL. but in the end it depends on u and how u work.
Rap-Orpheus

Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:48 am

whats good yall.. nice forum.. so im reading what yall are saying about fruity and reason and honestly they are both good it just depends on the style you use to make your beats. i got fruity + reason= Fruson and thats cause i use fruity loops as da host and reason fo my bitch you feel me.. lol the sounds in reason are amazing i aint goin front. reason got way better sounds than fruity by far.. but ofcourse fruity is a way better sequencer.. so what yall should do is rewire reason to fruity, if you got a piano like me or midi keyboard (i use the Korg Triton Le) Play the sounds from reason into fruity loops usin rewire.. it records right to the Piano role :P i mean why waste your time learning something new when you could take from something else and make your music sound 10x better. with both of them combined you got so much more controle. like you got an unlimmited range of sounds and stuff you could use. If you use fruity you need to mess with the rewire functions cause using it will definatley benifits you in a big way.

catch me on myspace. http://www.myspace.com/orphess some of my music is on there that i made using fruity, thats before i started using reason and fruity togeather that is

Hollahhhhhhhh
  • Information