WHAT YAL THINK ABOUT DA RAP GAME 2DAY

Non-African hip hip and other off-topic talk

Moderator:Juma4admin

panther

Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:45 pm

YO WHAT UP YAL

I JUST REALLY WANNA KNOW HOW YAL FEEL ABOUT DA RAP GAME 2DAY IS DEZ DUDES COMMERCIAL R FAKE R WHAT? LET ME KNOW SOMETHING

GET AT ME (GAME)

YG PANTHER

COMPTON'Z BAK
sc

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:21 pm

wadup?

Yo rap game its wht it is....as always be,aint nothing commercial about dat'-u knw wht we make a mistakes on...when jigga talk about two meybach benz is cos he got 'em...when fifty talk about glock cos he got some (or atleats bein'shot 9times-so he says!)to me n u its like commercial but to 'em those dudes its their life style!u read me???but truthly dis is the realist...

...."i got six motor chicks,six bottle of cris..."u knw the rest-give it to me....
nigel

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:41 am

the direction its gone is not positive at all and what rilly gets to me is peeps who then c this as all that jhip hop represents ..i havent listened to hip hop for that long ..since maybe 95 96 but all this gun play and show off im rich type thing with singlez versus albums rilly isnt the direction we should e taking............african hip hop however as i dicover more of it is in fact heading itno the right direction i would say ..
Vexer

Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:27 pm

I agree with u guys.thing are not looking good at all.hip-hop needs a messiah to save it now.it needs a guy with some big nuts and a good record label behind him in order to switch things up otherwise things will just continue to deteriorate.it pisses me off that Nelly is considered hip-hop today.

Nigel r u from Zim or what?Chikwata is a Zim word so I just wanted to find out.i'm from Zim but i'm currently living in Cape Town.
sc

Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:27 pm

Nigel,vex...,

u nigg*z miss a point,Hip hop ussualy reflect what the society is realy is....we cant talk about gun violence while we were not brought up that way....and anyway you hadly sees a gun anywhere....back in the states they are living a gun culture....you actually survive...live ...jumping lines of fire....what do ya think they'l talk about....?should we talk about jewels and bling bling and holiday inn suites while you hadly had a decent meal for months..?what would tht make u look like...?a dummey perhaps!we talk abt corruptions and politics and povetry cos thts wht we r living day in day out....!its a right way cos thts wht we r facing,they talk guns cos tht wht thy r facing....VEX u need a messiah..?what u make of all dis cats...JIGGA,NAS,KISS,50.....n stop playa hatting "the derrty south kid" he brought changes to once to static rap game....if u dont consider him a rapper wht would ya mk of outcast,d12..?changes is all we need...and nigel...95/96..?nigga u r sold out....i shouldnt rely b talkg with ya'!
nigel

Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:08 pm

nah i think u missed what i was tryna say..not tryin to b rude but i cant respect that gunplay ish...cats have bin makni albums about other thingz than killin people...how u gonna have an album with 16 of 16 tracks with all this i kill for fun i sell drugz ive got lots of muny...im lookin for alil more in lyrical and comceptual music

blackstar

canibus

and the black trash album by sticky being imediate albumz that cum to mind

i do understand what u sayin when u say we cumfrom different lyfestyle but there are people who are emulaiting and glorifying this lyfe versus those who are tryin to make changes thru thier music..and im also not happy with the us standard of albumz where half the budget goes to the 1st single with the rest of the album is str8 bull ish and truth b told the word hater is the worst word ever in hiop hop culture but that would be another topic.......50 hasnt dun nun to hip hop bsydes he himself being xploited by coporate america and made sum bigg ol white due mad rich ..if thats what hip hop as a culture is about then im not for it......and yeah vex im a zimbabwean kidd doin my thing at rhodes in g - town...holla at me ..... and i sold out ....what u talkin about ..u think nellyz hip hop and i sold out...boy u beta rethink that statement... have u considered how old i am now versus when i started to listen to hip hop.....
sc

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:34 pm

i aint miss none nig-the fact stood....if ur whole life is gun culture wht u think ul talk abt?lets say what r cats in zim talk abt now....if not politics n so fourth (unless the dude shut u off-like he could :oops: ).I knw its kinda lamey..but most if not all rise up in gun n drugz-its basics,thts where u get ur first money anyway...

Exploited...none of dis rappers get money without being exploited(with exception on roc-a-fella) but anyway cohen got some of their cheddar anyway through def.and not always white dudes-snoop with all his mighty he cant shake off suge,the bastard gets a proceed in every snoop release!.The fact iz u cant break bread on your own-forget wht jigga tells u-.u want somethng more thn gunz-try KONYEEZ the cats try to fill out hov shoes,common-its really a beautiful struggle-ul b amazed on the knowledge the cat kicks,and ofcourse NAS-man dont knock him out b4 u try him.Nigel i dont c how ur age come into effect on this....cats where in the game b4 95/96 they havent made a dime -thy r still there now....fact Twista got his realy money now while he was b4 thn...LL man he is pioneer still doing his tings....its a lifetime,KRS1...the list is endless.Try common,Anthony hamillton for something other thn gunz...u'l embrace hiphop 4evr!

mad luv
panther

Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:07 pm

what's up yal

yo da truth doe some of dez dudes 2day r fake and some of dez dudes is out 2 get money, which i personally can't b mad at dem on dat cuz out here n da u.s. u have 2 be like dat and des dudes dont really b talkin about 2 much but da same old crap and i agree with u SC cuz like u said some of dez aint fake dey just do what dey do, tell about der life stories and shyt like dat and most of dez just do it for money like jigga in dat 1 song "if u aint in it 4 da doe den rhyme on ur block" which is real true if u aint n da rap game for money den stay at wit da real hiphoppers ya kno! and i couldnt said it better myself.

YG PANTHER

COMPTON'Z BAK

GET CHO MONEY
sc

Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:42 pm

Yo'PAN u d*mn right dawg!

"......i ma cash cow,nigga/i'm about to cash out

/about to drop the black album and back out/

to pull tht maybach out the garage/

Rap's my hobby,

spending money is my job..."

HOV-(freestyle-mixtape'03)

Tht is about it...the rap game.....u can do it for the love it but in the end its all down to 1 ting-PAPER DAWG!...u remeber tht line in black album..."if skillz so be told..truthful i wanna rhyme lk common sense but i dd 5 mil..i havent rhyme lk common since..".wht Rap is realy kinda shaddy is whn all rapperz come tht i dd drugz n gunz b4 rap game,first pac+big,jigga,50,game etc etc....now itz kinda lamey and i guess i do agree with nigel it sucks some how but hay if itz a life story dis is how thy living it...but honestly to say tht hip hop needs more/new messiah tht is dull i knw dudes r out there giving it all...and pardon my sayin' hip hop is whr it iz supposed to be....TOP....if u realy listen to dis catz and not just skim thru...u'l know wht am talkin' abt!.Wht i dd differ with nig is whn he say some r not realy rapperz....wht i thnk is he is scared of changes...he want to be static....if so rap could have been on times of kool modee,KRS1,biggy daddy..etc etc....no it goes with time...thts why cats trey new shitz it may work out or slap back but itz all gud!its innevitable...

oh Panther i read 1 forum abt great mcs/lyrical...and u know wht....NO NAS NO JIGGA<NO-B-I-G i wonder wht were the basis of greatness...i do ask ma' self lk hov did..."who is better MC?Biggie,JAY-Z and NAS....u cant talk about great mcs without touchn' thse.......u cant just miss em....u knw the fact..where would u put 'em...whre would they go....?

"....Mr D.A,i'm not sure thy told u,i'm on tv everyday where the f>ck could i go?/plus,HOV dont run,HOV stand n fight/HOV's a soldier/HOV bn fightg all his life/So,wht could u do to me?/Its not new to me/Sue me,f>ck u/wht 's couple dollars to me?buit u'l respect me simple as tht...or i aint got a problem going bk"-Jigga man-HOV n out!
fallback

Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:41 pm

The rap game is at an all time low in terms of originality. Funny thing about it is that its at an all time high in terms of acceptance by the mainstream as you see corporations pumping out commericals and ads with hip-hop beats and themes. So thats the trade off.

I also think BET and MTV is killing Hip-hop because it's defining what these record companys are releasing and what is being played on BET and MTV all looks the same and its straight wack.
  • Information