Pete Rock

Non-African hip hip and other off-topic talk

Moderator:Juma4admin

I-Shine

Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:25 am

He produced the best Hip-Hop track of All-Time in Reminisce. He’s the best IMHO best producer of All-Time. His fingerprints are entrenched on what’s Authentic. There are some great producers in Hip-Hop and you have to throw Premier in the same breath with him, but none of the rest comes close to Pete Rock. Pete Rock is someone Kanye West called “A legendary producer of all time” and 9th wonder went all the way to say, “Its crazy when I can play Pete Rock in front of my mama, she is like who is that? Am like Pete Rock mama”. More...
MHP

Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:40 pm

The great Pete Rock!

Sometime ago I thiink it was last year...cats around raised a serious debate about HipHop's greatest producer...two factions emerged...Preemo and Pete Rock...both factions not giving in to each other...and let me admit I took sides too...I went for Pete Rock...anyway we got past all that.

I've got...Mecca and the Soul Brother, Soul Survivor 1 and 2, Petstrumentals and some songs from the debut All Souled Out E.P...and of course...I cant wait to get my hands on his new album...hope it gets here...and if it doesn't get here...I'ma download it....TRUST that!
BarStool

Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:31 pm

Pete Rock...the mention of the name's got me drooling over the prospects of having him produce some bangin ish on my future projects. Along with Premo and and few others, he's one of the Hip hop producers that I dream of working with.

My man LD (Xtra Large) put me up to Pete Rock in 2001 and my appreciation of Hip Hop literally appreciated! We would drive round the Garden City and go play basketball with Pete Rock and other classic material blaring out the trunk of LD's BMW! Men, those were the days!

Sorry Puff...Pete rock invented the remix!!!

Nuf said!
MHP

Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:16 pm

[quote name="BarStool"]My man LD (Xtra Large) put me up to Pete Rock in 2001 and my appreciation of Hip Hop literally appreciated! We would drive round the Garden City and go play basketball with Pete Rock and other classic material blaring out the trunk of LD's BMW! Men, those were the days![/quote]

Yo-Yo! Word! So u used to hang out in PH n all! Rap Culture...that was the thing man...thanks to LD XL...I kept hearin' all 'em good stuff...Pete Rock! LD used to use a beat from the Petestrumentals for his 'Morning Drive' show...back in the day! Anyway back to the topic!

UHURU!
  • Information