Nas And Jay-z Mason’s Theory Interesting Read

Non-African hip hip and other off-topic talk

Moderator:Juma4admin

I-Shine

Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by SOHH.COM THREAD

“Ive received a few PMs askin what this Mason sh1t has to do with rap, alot of young dudes want more knowlege, so im going to KICK MY OPINION, and just sh1t ive picked up on, damn this is going to take me a while

Ive been following Nas and Jays career since they pretty much started out, Jay before dumbin down was prolly my fav, neck and neck with Nas, but after goin commercial i grew a hatred for him, thas besides the point, if you know your sh1t about these 2 emcees and you actually listen to their lyrics and try to understand them, you know these are 2 smart nikkas, i mean in a knowlegable way as in books, religion, certain “cults”, specially Nas. We’ve all seen Nas transform through his career, most call it him being a hypocrit, including me, but i think this nikka just has a thirst for knowlege, and he grows as he learns. This explains him goin from a chrstian, to wearing kufi’s, to becoming a mason.

If your up on Jayz, you know about his anti-god stand in life, and alot of times his subliminal message in his songs, im not going to go into the hundreds of lines, just a few tho, “if jehova witnessed bet he’d never testify”, on the track called D’evils, or, “never prayed to god i prayed to gotti”, “raise hell til its heavon”, the track Lucifer, “lord forgive, he got the dark forces in him”, he been on this tip since he came into the game, hes been a mason when he started rocafella thus the dynasty symbol being a pyramid. Then he went and called himself J-Hova (jehova), Masons think of themseves as Gods, they feel theyre superior to the rest of the world.

Read more... http://www.finceptstudio.be/blog/?p=125
Xblaze
Posting Freak

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:20 pm

Since the Nas and Jay-Z feud, i've always called it the Nas-JayZ romance, lol, these two dudes admire and respect each other whether they admit it or not, i knew they were going to come around to make a track together, it wus just a matter of time, they both would want to have the honour of having made a collabo with each other. Secondly, to me, u dont hate on irrelevant people. when ppl hate on u, then u gotta be a threat if not, they wouldnt bother(my own personal conviction).

About masons, i dont know if jay is a mason or not, but i dont see him being a freemason, i wont lie, jay's respect for God is somehow, he claims he does but i dont believe he does, but he doesnt really say blasphemous stuff like Jedi mind tricks does(thats why i dont like them that much, they still gat skill)but he always watches the way he uses any reference to the Almighty, in the same lucifer -"i aint trying to be facetious but vengeance is mine says the Lord, u said it better than all...." and he refers to him being the god of rap, (god emcee),not like God, but with that in consideration, masons actually believe in God, or as they put it, "A Supreme Being" they believe that everybody is created by one God, but they are not religious, they gat thier own doctrines and rituals and stuff, they just believe that morality is the way to please God, not like by worshipping him like christian denominations do, they dont have their own Bible, there's always a mention of them using the King James Version,(a point i really dont get, cos i've heard a lotta weird shit about King James Version, though i dont believe any of them, i'm a christian).

If u really read the history of the Freemasons, u'll see they actually have a goal of unification, respectable ppl coming together for a cause, usually a good one, even though they act like a cult or a sect. i havent really seen or noticed any disrespect they have for the church, infact there's a claim that they may have headed churches in the old(i dont really know how authentic that claim is). So i wouldnt say they think they are at the same level with God, but not on the same level with other ppl. (check the list of american notables who were freemasons, Ben Franklini, Thomas Jefferson, John Hancock(yep of declaration of independence), Henry Ford and so many other).

I wouldn't say Masonic religion is in sync with christianity cos even though their convictions is not completely against christians beliefs, they are not in sync with it either. So a truly devoted and staunch mason to me cannot be a true christian. (but well, thats just my opinion, we need a true mason up in here to make this clear lol). Nas believes in God completely if u ask me.

And the Roc sign is a diamond, not a pyramid.(unless jayz is subliminally telling us he's a freemason.)
I-Shine

Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:47 am

Waoh! X-Blaze I must confess I am just learning about Freemanson and your side of the story has helped in understanding freemanson. According to what I read couple of hours ago, it says Masons conduct their meetings using a ritualized format and that there is no single Masonic ritual, and each Jurisdiction is free to set (or not set) its own ritual. What baffles me are the uses of the symbols that are devil related...

Thanks X for what I will call an article :) and I will keep reading Manson's.
BarStool

Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:17 pm

I have heard of the FreeMasons and their influence on music, as well as other spheres of human endeavour. After I read the post on "Nas and Jay-Z Mason's Theory...", I treated the information the way I've treated similar junkets: refuse to allow it stop me from enjoying music.

It is important to enjoy music for music sake and art for art sake. There are several people who see a beautiful painting and know it's beautiful and worth millions of dollars without knowing the era in which the painting was done and the stories behind its origin.

An example of this would be the Mona Lisa. Millions of people who aren't necessarily art afficionados consider the Mona Lisa to be a great painting and they have copies of it. It's sort of easy on the eye but many of them do not know the stories and controversies surrounding the painter and the painting.

To expound on this, read Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code" and see if you can manage to keep an unbiased mind towards the man (Leonardo Da Vinci), his work and even Christianity. Dan Brown's novel was entirely fictional but look at the adverse effect it had on Leonardo da Vinci's legacy. Even worse was the mind-warping aspersions that it cast upon the Catholic Church and Christianity itself.

My point is that it is best to judge the music and not the musicians; the art and not the artists. No matter their personal proclivities and inclinations, these people (from Da Vinci to Pac, Jay, Nas etc) are all great in their fields. Their works are great and should be appreciated as greatness, irrespective of their religious, moral and socio-political values.

Like my pal Kojo (an SA spoken word poet) said in one of his works: "knowledge is the key; open your minds and you will succeed...but to know too much...is like watching a haemophiliac bleed!"

Go figure....
I-Shine

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:15 pm

Yes sir! Knowledge is what you're kicking and I have read Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code" the same time the movie came out. The book also talked about "The Last Supper" paint Leonardo da Vinci did and that there are some organizations called Opus Dei and the Priory of Sion; and according to him these groups are the ones behind the global conspiracy of hiding the living descendants of Jesus Christ. He also said that "The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail" published in 1982 had the exact same message as Da Vinci Code. He also made mention of it that Mary Magdalene had Jesus' child and that child became part of the Merovingian dynasty. Dan Brown revived the issue because the subject had already been beaten to death only two decades before.

It was shocking to have discovered that the catholic church has been hiding things from "The Church" (The People) after reading the book the only person I consulted was my grand father because he belong the order of the knights of St. Mulumba, a high ranking order in the catholic church and I was shocked with the responses that I received because I was born into a catholic home and was even raised there. My point is most of these religions existence were based on lies and the only way to be righteous is by being of good conduct and by praying to God inside your room period. I have stopped attending holy masses and stopped receiving the Holy Communion or whatever.

Nas And Jay-z Mason’s Theory still doesn't change my mind about music and like you said BarStool "it is best to judge the music and not the musicians; the art and not the artists", so I am still consuming hip hop, music materials and I will keep doing so till they bury me.

Thanks for kicking knowledge with us BARSTOOL...
BarStool

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:20 pm

Kick knowledge? Me?

You just knocked it out the park, Barry Bonds!

If I kicked knowledge, you just kicked the hell out of ignorance's silly ass!

Like Hov' say, "I place my hand on my heart: that means I feel ya

Real recognize real and you're looking familiar!"

I'm gonna keep enjoying Hip Hop music and I'm glad you love her to death...You should see the topic "HIP HOP IS DEAD" and tell her how you feel, na' mean? Word is that she's in her dying days and she'd love to hear from all those who love her!
AK2

Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:04 pm

Yo. Im feeling this thread. I heard that the pyramid with eye on the dollar bill is the masonic seal. The catholic church has done some cruel stuff to people no doubt. They made Galileo a great astronomer and physicist to suffer the rest of his life on home arrest just because he said the earth moves around the world. the model of planetary motion the catholic church adopted from Ptolemy that states the sun moves around the earth. Galileo was a regular church goer no doubt. They condemned him because he said otherwise. An ignorant guy at that time called the telescope devil's tool. They decieved people in those days easily because it was only the priests that had the bible so they were able to cook up any doctrine they liked to impose on everyone else. Like the doctrine of purgatory where is it in the bible. I also heard the King James Version is incomplete and that King James at the time removed certain pages of the bible.
Xblaze
Posting Freak

Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:26 pm

[quote name="AK2"]

Like the doctrine of purgatory where is it in the bible. I also heard the King James Version is incomplete and that King James at the time removed certain pages of the bible.[/quote]

see? thats some of the weird info i was talking about, well, i feel u barstool, but is it fair if we let artistes like r.kelly(after his sting with young female teens, by the way am a big fan of R.kelly, dont care abt his personal life, its the kids i'm worried about) and micheal jackson stand on a stage and address lil kids who eventually take them, their life(not like we do, we dont care about personal life but kids inevitably do) as role models unto their own lives?. look at Britney Spears and the example she's setting for young girls who adore her like she's Greek goddess Hera.

well, everybody to their own stuff mein, i love music, whether ur black, brown, green, yellow, stupid, crazy, alien or watever and u make good music, fuck it i'm copping. :)

@AK2, bro u'll be surprised at the kind of power the catholic church welded in the old days, influencing major decisions, that of government leadership, wars and even serious political issues, it wus amazing. u cant go against the catholic church then and expect to win.
I-Shine

Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:41 pm

@AK2 - Have you taken a close look at the CBS logo? it is also a masonic sign and many others like that I will consult youtube now to see if I can still get hold of the video.

@ X - About the role model stuff and who kids look up to, I think it is up to them and their parents to decide whether to live the type of lifestyle their role models are living or not. And like 2pac said in “Ghetto Gospel” – “I refuse to be your role model ‘cos I’ve got my own role model” that line from pac is more than enough to open kids eyes that sometimes Artists don’t like to be call role models because they are imperfect as well. There is an exception of artist that kids can look up to artists like Jay-Z and Talib Kweli but that doesn’t mean they don’t have dirty lying somewhere in their past. Kid should be made to realise that there is nothing wrong with music and choosing musicians as a role model but should be cautioned that role models can at times ruin their life and alter their moral up bringing; but role models should be selected from varieties of artists that are CEOs and Entrepreneurs’.

Like you said X the Catholic Church influenced major political decisions worldwide and they’ll keep influencing it until something is done about it; and I very much doubt something happening soon ‘cos the church has been in existence for over 2000 year. It is not like any of these Pentecostal churches or mushroom church like I like to call it that can be side lined. In addition to their numerous atrocities they played a major role during the first and second world war and in fact they should be held accountable for the unjustly slaughter of thousands of Jews by the Nazi’s if not millions.
  • Information