MURDER COMMERCIAL HIP HOP!!

Moderator:Juma4admin

UNIDENTIFIED

Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:46 pm

Im ONE OF THOSE cATS WHO HATES COMMERCIAL MUSIC AND TAKE NO PRISONERS WETHER BE IT AS CHEESY AS 50c OR OTHERWISE COMMERICIAL RAP SHOULD BE MURDERED BECAUSE IT DOES NOT REPRESENT THE TRUE ELEMENTS OF HIP HOP SO IF ANYONE OF YALL AE INTO THAT ISH YOU DONT BELONG ON THIS SITE LET ALONE MOVEMENT
Habbit

Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:57 pm

[quote name="UNIDENTIFIED"]Im ONE OF THOSE cATS WHO HATES COMMERCIAL MUSIC AND TAKE NO PRISONERS WETHER BE IT AS CHEESY AS 50c OR OTHERWISE COMMERICIAL RAP SHOULD BE MURDERED BECAUSE IT DOES NOT REPRESENT THE TRUE ELEMENTS OF HIP HOP SO IF ANYONE OF YALL AE INTO THAT ISH YOU DONT BELONG ON THIS SITE LET ALONE MOVEMENT[/quote]

Yo I feel u dawg...But I gotta admit I do sumtimes find myself bumpin' commercial cats like Busta, The Game etc..coz sumtimes I jus' wanna layback 'n listen to nice flow on dope beats rather than analysing punchlines 'n metaphors...only thing that pisses me off is when these commercial cats fool themselves into thinkin' they the dopest thing since crack just because they've sold a million records..meanwhile real lyricists like Chino, juice, supernatural etc are as broke as fuck yet they still spit the realst shit battlin' for as little as 5000 dollars..

Peace out :arrow:
UNIDENTIFIED

Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:16 pm

aight dough dont get me wrong there cats in the Industry who still keep writing dope shit like Nas, even the game got some nice tracks what gets to me is Niggaz rapping "only" about money, bitches and cars ..I mean what happened to the punchlines and wordpaly thats the most important thing about Hip Hop

some of these cats like Camron dont even have flow I mean even I can dress in the latest Fubu gear get a couple tight video chicks string a few sentences together then presto Im famous. simply because the mainstream will buy my record ..Like when a cat asks me to do a beat i have to listen to what they are saying then come with an apprporiate beat for them if a nigga is spitting about cash and ish I give him a cheesy beat but if a cat is hardcore then I give him my latest best beat I have..aight
melanin

Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:23 am

I'd feel like the dopest thing since crack if I sold a million records too, shit.
kast1
Posting Freak

Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:49 am

word i got no room for commercial hiphop in my heart!!! unlike habbit who listens 2 commercial when he wants 2 chill i listen 2 triphop when i want 2 chill!!! some dope shit, u cats should try it!!! try get ur hands on fingathing!!! been bumping that shit 4 a while now!!! i still dig NAS and the whole wutang though even if they are commercial, they still keeping it tite!!!!!!!!!!!!

!P!E!A!C!E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1
Habbit

Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:34 pm

[quote name="melanin"]I'd feel like the dopest thing since crack if I sold a million records too, shit.[/quote]

So let me get this str8, record sales can actually be used as a barometer for sickness?? I refuse to believe that...That would actually mean that Nelly, 50 and all those MTV slaves belong in the lyricists' Hall of Fame :lol: :lol:
KayGee

Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:41 pm

Well i have no problem with ppl listening to commercial hip hop, but i personally dont feel it. call me old school coz i still dig cats like: Cannibus, KRS, Beat Nuts, WSC, WU TANG and Guru.
melanin

Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:16 pm

I dont know what its a measure for, but its a measure of something...I would feel like i was the shit if i did it.

the 'commercial' debate is complex, because it means getting into the scemantics of the word itself. by that measure, all music is commercial- if it material can translate into monetary value- even if its a streetsold mixtape- its commercial...is it not?

trip hop is sick- i dig finlay quaye, all massiv attack, mushroom,eagle eye cherry,3-d, sigur ros ................

Kast Please make it a point to hear Esthero's new album (wikkiid Lil' Grrrlz). promises to be a kila one. for you who dont know Esthero, just refer to her as that girl who sang that nice hook for Black Eyed Peas on that Weekend Track back in the day
melanin

Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:02 pm

plus, y'all need to stop actin like hip hop is a one dimensional sacred cow. first of all, hip hop started at the bloc party...cool herc, furious 5, melly mel...they were all about makin 'em dance...battle kings were the ones who could shake the crowd with the dopest party chants...that's all people wanted to do in fact...no one cared what cats was sayin...which is why it took so long for mcees like KRS to blow up...its only when the art developed that the lyrical content did too...when mcees decided to challenge the party mcee status quo...punchlines and wordply came later

that commercial shit is part of hip hop...stop denying it...I frankly am not tryin to go to a club and hear cannibal ox dun!!! There's a time and place for every element of hip hop- commercial too.

50 paid his underground dues.

these commercial cat you hate so much are part of the reason why you yourself are exposed to hip hop and can make a choice. hip hop is a large part of the black economy. unfortunately, for most cats opportunities arent equal...we are even better off here in SA. for our black age mates in the states its not the same...its either drug peddlin, ball or rapping. hip hop is not a head concept for them, its a way out...put food on the table, and maybe escape the certainty of jail. dont think the US is all hype. its hard for blacks out there.let me just say, just as much as every black person here knows someone with or dead from HIV/AIDS; in the US, every black person knows someone who is or has been to jail, or they themselves have been to jail. blacks are 11% of the population, but 80% of the prison population. part of a cheap labour pool for the government and US corporations. everytime u wear your nikes and gap sweater, just know it was made by someone probably your age, bout 16...upstate new york...down on gun posession...and is about tio get tried as an adult so he can go to jail for a long time and get paid 26cents a hour.

so sometimes, the need to escape that reality might just override your need to 'stay real' whatever that is, excuse us, cuz jail is whats whats really real there.
  • Information