Kaydo dissing PRO's english-WEAK SHIT!!

Moderator:Juma4admin

Voodoo

Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:15 am

WORD. This has been bugging me for some time now. I'd like your opinion on this. I bought the HYPE mag a while ago and listened to Kaydo's diss track to PRO, (Maggz and Sid Money). Damn, that guy really has it in for those people. I'm no fan of either party. Anyway, that's not my issue. My issue was when Kaydo rapped (about PRO):

Your Zulu rap is tite but

Your english is pathetic...

Eish, ne bafethu. Have we really regressed that far back as Black Emcees? Is the skill that limited that we have to resort to using oom Verwoerd's punchlines to sort out our beef? It's embarrassing. C'mon now!

First of all, there's nothing wrong with PRO's english, and even if there was- SO WHAT? The last time I checked the majority of his audience wasn't British. Secondly, Black South Africans either speak 2 or mor languages, FLUENTLY. whites Can only speak one lingo except the other 4 or 5 whites that can piece together a sentence in an indigenous language, and then are given mad props for that bullshit! Have we learnt nothing from Black intellects like Anton Lembede and Steve Biko who came up with movements like Africanism and Black Consciousness?

Kaydo's impoverished, weak mentality is exactly what those philosophies were trying to fight and do away with! If we have people like Kaydo still on that- "you're worthless coz you can't speak english Black" shit- then we've learnt nothing. People like Kaydo are the reason why whites and boers still laugh at, and look down on us. Because the Kaydos of our time send out the message that WE LOOK DOWN ON EACH OTHER!

It's cool let's battle, but intelligently. Ne bafethu, please let's just lift each other up. If we're going to do this Hip Hop, let's just do it right. Hip Hop has no place for limited thought process, caged thoughts and Black on Black battles of that kind.

What do u think? Do you agree or disagree? I'm really interested in your opinion...shap...
Beesting
Posting Freak

Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:20 pm

ONE. Like the saying says "English is a Lingua Franca" the communicator. No non-British person has to perfect it, unless they were sucking the Queens ass. Recall, english is a colonialist language, thus, taking pride in it means you are like Amablack Jack (same shit done by Kabelo and his crew), the black "cops" (iziqhaza) who were hired by the apartheid system to ask our parents for IDs and to arrest them or to beat them to death if they did'nt have. So fuck any miseducated full. Just fuck them. Go and ask for oshi bemali yabazali benu esgele. Fuck I'm sick of these colonized minds who are ignoring the facts. take pride in yourselves mani, ningangicasuli.

Thanks for the topic and respek. Expand this people. We really need to feed from your minds as well. It is the only way we can kill colonialism.
melanin

Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:04 pm

word, voodoo son. yo man communication is communication... so long as you can hear and understand what i'm getting at, its all good... its not my language and i feel no obligation towards english like that. lingua franca or not. besides, them peeps have been in this land for more than 400 years and they have not bothered themselves with our languages, instead they got down to the business of rendering our shit "savage" and they still doin it now through their agent kaydo etc. i have a lot to say on this issue...lazy...will lay it down properly later.
TeeZeR

Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:43 pm

I feel you on this mense. In my opinion...

There can be three types of kats(don't take it literally):

1) Poor Rappers

2) Middle life rappers

3) Rich Rappers

Not financially...jus something i realised. My point of view.

Poor Rappers

These are the rappers that experience the hardships of loction life, people that feel like giving morale to fellow kasi kultured peeps who have no hope and are basically striving. These people feel somehow obligated to give back to their own people through what they do.

Middle Life rappers

These are rappers most concerned with making it big...this refers to making it international. So to achieve this, they use the fundamental or the founded approach. This then takes them to America. Hip-Hop was founded in America, the whole English, baggy jeans, slang, and all concerned shit. So our rappers basically take that approach but incorporates it in South Africa.

Rich Rappers

Rappers that are actually on another level, these are only concerned with having their skills and thought processes displayed. And being recognised by target individuals.

So Kaydo dissing Pro's english is really something. He mentions somewhere in the lyrics..."you talk about Soweto...bla blah blah, but I'm a thug that grew up on the streets of Sharpeville".

What does that mean...someone going back to associate himself with kasi inorder to pass a message or get recognition or sumthin. But if you listen to Kaydo's tracks and to Pro's tracks...you really see the distinction! One is really rapping kasi...and the other is not! So i think it all depends on where one fits in, poor...middle or rich!
addict

Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:38 pm

i feel u mense...i don see tha point with speakin english..fuck mata of fact all ma raps are in english...except for slangs...klipa[R100] tiga - kiffa instead of niga - marosha...jus kasi slang man u know...coz if i hit with Q - X'z in xhosa u wont understand sh-t i'm sayin and ma record wont sell...sh-t i want it to sell...coz i need rent money..food money...gear money...call me a poor rapper...

as for kaydo..."thug" is word associated with a rape i.e speaks english,bagy pants, holdin his nuts,close to wat u get from pro...him K..doesnt even know his own story..beta watches how he slangs....
Uncaged Thot

Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:42 am

YO VOODOO, HOW DO U DO SON? I HAVE TO AGREE WITH U ABOUT KAYDO. THAT WAS A VERY CAGED THING TO SAY. I DNT KNW MUCH ABOUT HIM THOUGH, SO I CNT DECIDE WHEATHER I DISLIKE PROKID MORE OR HIM.

BUT DA FACT IS,SPITTIN IN DA QUEENS LINGO, DOESN'T DEFINE TYTNESS. SO KAYDO IS AN IDIOT AND IS STILL COLONISED. HE NEEDS TO RESCUE HIMSELF WHILE HE'S STILL AHEAD. OOPS! HE'S NOT AHEAD! :lol:
K9

Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:38 pm

AMEN!!! I agree, that wasn some weak ish...

But hey, Kaydo is da whacker of da 2 so he tried 2 give a low blow
prolyfik

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:59 pm

what Kaydo did was like dissin yo own religion. we`r africans right?? the issue of describin sum1s english as wack is juss bull

as long as the intended listener gets the point the language thing is out of the spot
rhymetodie
Posting Freak

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:41 am

I feel ya all but didn't they diss KayDoo bout his so called American English?
mainman

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:09 am

Everybody even tried to cash-in on the whole thing......

Y-FM hosted a live battle...... I regret waking up that morning :!: TIHS :!:

Now we have Hype ppl including the track on the mixtape.... That CD is supposed to be for "the illest".

Kaydo is just angry that he didn't have as much "success" as ProKid. They've both been around.... but one has nothing to show...... We battle, it's cool, but pure hatred aint cool.

I'm glad that there are ppl who think the whole thing is kcufed up.... STAY REAL!!
  • Information