where YOU at?

Moderator:Juma4admin

TeeZeR

Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:40 pm

[quote name="AddictiveSoul"]My opinion in all of this is that the underground just does not exist anymore.Period. It Seems all the catz down there are in a real hurry to "see the lights"

[/quote]

This is true...well there are still exceptions! I know cats that really enjoy the underground! We got cats like Hymphatic Thabs, Groundworx, and also Cashless...Snazz in particular, i love that cat, listen to him in the Concentration Camp project and that Demolition album(Groundworx), the cat is keepin it real! Amu, Selwyn and Wikid are hermaphrodites! There are a lot of cats in the under ground who really do this for the love...yes at some point somebody's gotta make cash and that's when "The Love" gets compromised! But nonetheless...i got mad respect for Hymphatic Thabs, he's keepin it real! One time i was at the Splash Jam in Soweto(Orlando), movemet held every first Sunday of the month. Wikid showed up and he was like among the crowds, some cat...i hink from Dungeon Shacks dissed him and Selwyn and he like freaked, he went on the mic and wanted to get all physical, talkin about how "Ghetto" he still is!

I got some peeps of mine who sent an EP to some record company(underground), they got a call tellin them it was too "Space(ous)!". And guess what, all they said was...fck him..this is what we want and we're not compromising!
TeeZeR

Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:27 am

[quote name="AddictiveSoul"]As for Cashless...no, they confessed last year on some show that they'd rather be mainstream...[/quote]

Hmm...not aware of that! But Snazz is amongst of Groundworx(along Captain my Captain, Hue man(deceased), and Dopey(Known from that S.O.S comedy show from E-TV)) and he's kickin it!
TeeZeR

Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:33 am

[quote name="AddictiveSoul"]And where do you think Zubz would fit in all o' this?[/quote]

For me...Zubz is more like Mos Def and Talib Kweli...keeping it down, i got mad respect for him! But well that's jus me...what I think!
trusoul

Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:06 pm

[quote name="TeeZeR"][

For me...Zubz is more like Mos Def and Talib Kweli...keeping it down, i got mad respect for him! But well that's jus me...what I think![/quote]

i have to second that, zubz really des hold it down, not only in his lyrics but also in the way his voice carries, he rocks, he is very underrated

much love!

trusoul
rhymetodie
Posting Freak

Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:10 pm

YO it's Rhyme comin true!...I don't like commercial crap when it's tooooo much..Fcuk Selvin i don't even like tht Cat n his friends...Zubz is very underrated on tha other hand i must agree wit Teezer about Prokid..he is what people from Ekasi can relate to..I come from tha Surburbz as well bt 85 percent of tha underground music fans come from tha surbubz or they have some kind of education even tho bese Nkasi..Now Tell me why is tht a kid from eSoweto would tell you.."Hey i like 50 cent he's banging" and a kid from tha surbubz would tell you " 50 Cent is garbage n Common is tha shit" why?...It's coz kids can relate to what Prokid sayz n can't to proverb..And tha other thing is tht if Cats become unsuccesful they claim they underground...It's like sayin " I'm not political " tht is in it'self political...Shit means they say they are underground while tht in it'self is commercial...
Loafsta boy

Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:56 pm

you know what i've realised iz that people think dat da mainstream iz betta cuz dose are da people who "made it?" but truth iz der are unda g kats who are to ill . . . really there are some undaground kats holding down da undaground lair seriously

Rhyme pionted out:
I come from tha Surburbz as well bt 85 percent of tha underground music fans come from tha surbubz or they have some kind of education even tho bese Nkasi..Now Tell me why is tht a kid from eSoweto would tell you.."Hey i like 50 cent he's banging" and a kid from tha surbubz would tell you " 50 Cent is garbage n Common is tha shit" why?...
true man i'm suburban

i dig common and fifty iz just a rapper
  • Information