faze kolomental, best hiphop video at NMVA? wdF

Moderator:Juma4admin

ik-sl!ck

Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:54 pm

ive got to admit, it was strange. whats so hiphop about faze's kolomental. I read that the video got the best hiphop video award at the nmva's recently when there were videos like stylee, nigerian girls and others which in ma understanding are real hiphop. Weve got to tune our definition of hiphop in naija.
brock

Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:10 pm

[quote name="ik-sl!ck"]ive got to admit, it was strange. whats so hiphop about faze's kolomental. I read that the video got the best hiphop video award at the nmva's recently when there were videos like stylee, nigerian girls and others which in ma understanding are real hiphop. Weve got to tune our definition of hiphop in naija.[/quote]

the organizers are fucked up!!!they know nuffin about Hiphop..same applies to most of the media houses in 9ja

dramatik
Posting Freak

Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:44 pm

[quote name="brock"]
[quote name="ik-sl!ck"]ive got to admit, it was strange. whats so hiphop about faze's kolomental. I read that the video got the best hiphop video award at the nmva's recently when there were videos like stylee, nigerian girls and others which in ma understanding are real hiphop. Weve got to tune our definition of hiphop in naija.[/quote]

the organizers are fucked up!!!they know nuffin about Hiphop..same applies to most of the media houses in 9ja

1[/quote]

yeah i finally see peops who is feeling me?WTF? is Faze hiphop? i asked this on a thread some months ago and we all agreed its a No No....well the media people are most guilty of saying and writing trash,imagine in The sun "Timaya" was reffered to as hip hop,then look at NTA so far your into new school music you are Hip Hop...Haba,they all need re-orientation,if they wanted to give Faze an award so bad,they could have found something.....as per the award show....crap...wat is so spektakula! about olori oko,,,ask me?

well na 9ja we dey sha! na only GOD
mr rehd

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:10 pm

drama i think what u meant to say is they need orientation not re-orientation.cos you see these ppl never had a clue what hiphop is all about
kyt

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:40 pm

I have actually seen interviews with the artists when asked what will classify your brand of music as. They be like, hip hop blah ze blah. Its quite sickening believe me. They haven't a clue what they are doin, and nigguhs who no better don't get their credit. Won't it be classic if faze(which i like) makes a speech like "my shit isn't hiphop mode is hip hop, rugged is hiphop, freestyle, etc. I'm not, 2face isn't, styl plus isn't ..." Well thats if he wins it of course. This shouldn't be an issue at this stage to be honest, after all the concerts and stuff. Na wa o!
ik-sl!ck

Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:24 am

kyts right. The other day, i watched a musician whos genre is R&B say he did pop and hiphop. this thing dey fall naija handoo. Foreigners will now think that we dont know what we doing.
teckzilla

Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:47 pm

hiphop doesnt mean rap in nigeria man..lol..it means..ragga,akpala,singing etc.lol...there are a lotta confused people out there claiming hip-hop..well need I say more..in their case ignorance is pure bliss..tsk tsk(shaking head)
Xblaze
Posting Freak

Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:56 am

[quote name="teckzilla"]hiphop doesnt mean rap in nigeria man..lol..it means..ragga,akpala,singing etc.lol...there are a lotta confused people out there claiming hip-hop..well need I say more..in their case ignorance is pure bliss..tsk tsk(shaking head)[/quote]

lol, akpala, no be small, how about galala sef, everything be hiphop for naija.. e dey happen, na why eedris go dey fight 50 when im come naija..
ik-sl!ck

Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:20 pm

[quote name="Xblaze"]
[quote name="teckzilla"]hiphop doesnt mean rap in nigeria man..lol..it means..ragga,akpala,singing etc.lol...there are a lotta confused people out there claiming hip-hop..well need I say more..in their case ignorance is pure bliss..tsk tsk(shaking head)[/quote]

lol, akpala, no be small, how about galala sef, everything be hiphop for naija.. e dey happen, na why eedris go dey fight 50 when im come naija..[/quote]

lol.Funny but thats the truth. i guess its roleplay. Singers na them dey do hiphop then modenine na r&b
saysaysay3334

Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:03 pm

meeeeen no be today this music classification sh*t started.infact 90 percent of nigerian artisis do not know the kind of music they do.the new foolishness now is that everyonre says he/she does contemporary music/good music.i don't think thats professionalism,i think they are just trying to be "jack of all trade,master of none".even in yankee were great artists reside in, they stick to one kind of music they're good in.MOST NIGERIAN ARTISTS ARE MESSED, THEY ARE NOT FOCUSSED.
  • Information