Talib Kweli in Lagos, gave props to Mode 9

Moderator:Juma4admin

kyt

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:17 pm

Blasphemy y'all, don't be disrespecting Kweli. He's one of the GOAT's. The man's lyrical ability is timeless.

I'm sure Mode feels previleged to be noticed by a pilar in the game. I think that's a big deal. Real recognise ..., y'all know the rest.
stan

Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:02 pm

Talib.... told every every hiphop head to "LISTEN".......

TALIB GAT HIS LINES QUOTED ON SOURCE MAG. AND OTHER AMERICAN HIPHOP MAGZ..

MODE9INE GAT HIS LINES QUOTED ON HIPHOPWOLD MAG AND OTHERS SO.................

U BE D JUDGE.... THEY BOTH ROCK AND REP WHERE THER FROM :wink:
Spitzofrenik

Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:01 am

[quote name="Fahrenheit"]
[quote name="Spitzofrenik"]Why are people tripping?......Mode possibly has more talent than Talib....so I don't see what all the fuss is about....[/quote]

THANK GOD YOU USED "POSSIBLY" BUT LET ME JUST TELL YOU RIGHT NOW THERE IS NO WAY IN THIS WORLD AND THE NEXT THAT MODE IS OR WILL BE BETTER THAN TALIB KWELI (NO HATE)

DO YOUR HOME WORK OR GUYS B4 YOU MAKE STATEMENTS LIKE THIS, CAUSE KWELI IS EASILY TOP 10 "DEAD OR ALIVE"

PLUS DONT COMPARE A CONSCIOUS RAPPER TO A PUNCHLINE RAPPER[/quote]

No doubt Talib is nice, thats why I used the word "possibly".....the debate is open ended. If you say Talib is better, I aint gonna argue.....also, if you say Mode is better, I aint gonna argue......I can see both points of view......but to say Mode is a punchline rapper is incorrect.......just because he spits punches doesn't mean he can't do concious.....after all, he did the track "Cry" which was much better than most concious rappers best shit....in my experience, most punchline rappers can do concious better than the concious rappers themselves. Concious rap is easy. Punchline rap is difficult.......also Talib is very lyrical but it doesn't always come across well on audio because of his voice and he tries to fit in too many words into one line.....for example, he is way more lyrical than Mos Def but Mos Def verses sound better cos his voice is stronger and his flow is smoother......as for Talib, Im a big fan.....I even been to his concert....
antiklokwize

Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:49 am

...who'll be in M<alawi on 31/dec/07...

I possiblee might hopefullee with my boy Quaz nowadays Sir Richard Slamwell III, Black the Disk Jockey from jsec...who you rep!?

world peace[/b]

2007 AD
r6

Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:13 pm

man fahrenheit i like how u concluded ur msg."dont compare a punchline rapper 2 a conscious rapper" cuz a whole lotta cats i naij aint respectin' d other man's hustle. rugged does his stuff, mode yans........mode does his stuff,rugged (of course) yans. well i'm in ghana now so i cant say much about d talib in nigeria brouhaha until i vacate. but i know it wuz d deal (real recognize real)
kyt

Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:11 pm

It is quite worrying to see the way "Talib Kweli in Lagos, gave props to Mode 9" turns to "talib vs mode 9". We need to get our minds right for real. Abi is hip hop all about competition to us. Why are we always quick to turn +ves to -ves. It is a good thing our scene is been recognized and one of our treasures was singled out. Its not about who's better. So can we not take the focus away, cos I'm sure this isn't why Shine informed us.
I-Shine

Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:56 pm

[quote name="kyt"]It is quite worrying to see the way "Talib Kweli in Lagos, gave props to Mode 9" turns to "talib vs mode 9". We need to get our minds right for real. Abi is hip hop all about competition to us. Why are we always quick to turn +ves to -ves. It is a good thing our scene is been recognized and one of our treasures was singled out. Its not about who's better. So can we not take the focus away, cos I'm sure this isn't why Shine informed us.[/quote]

Kyt thanks I couldn't say a single word again because I knew words will start flying I am just happy that an hip hop legend gave props to one of our own, but it is something with us Nigerians we always find fault with something or one another. They are both gawds in their various territories I like them both and for him to recognize Mody is something that we should take note that our music is receiving recognition and soonest Naija Catz will start being crew members of big labels in the states and we all know what that means to our music, clothing endorsement, tours and lot more let us be happy that 2 legends recognized Mody Jay-Z was the first person God knows how many hip hop legends have heard about Mody sooner Mos Def too will holla... Let's be POSITIVE
Xblaze
Posting Freak

Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:26 pm

yo, its not like Spitz was sparking a debate btwn modey and talib, he's just stating his opinion, wats wrong with that?

meanwhile i think its a gr8 achievement for another Rap Legend(Talib Kweli Greene) to recognize modey, very soon, the world will start taking Africa more serious when it comes to hiphop, yo, 4 real we keep it live no matter what nobody says, Africa can Rap, fuck it, mad talent up in the black continent. no doubt.

just to clear the air, am a modey fan to the core. i luv my own simple as that. if u rep where u from am rocking wit u.

Mode 9 "u just mixed up, like egusi and draw soup" - thats what i call reppin ur own period.

well when it comes to Modey possibly being more talented than T. Kweli, FUCK NO!!, i dont agree with u spitz, damn, if u've followed talib's career, incredible flow, what u mean he dont come across well on audio? shit that cat's flow on audio is like niagara falls mein, talib's delivery is kool. i dont get it though. well, lets pick the new album, did u hear "perfect beat" with KRS one, flow wus fire, deliver us" mad flow, "Work it Out"(Beautiful Struggle), "The Beast feat Papoose" (Right About Now),ice flow, he's too deep to be compared to modey, 4 real, he's way too deep. its past metaphors and punchlines. his word of mouf or reality rap as i like to call it is too deep.
  • Information