Modenine on Africanhip hop forums.Question of positivity?

Moderator:Juma4admin

Niyex

Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:00 am

[quote name="zero"]
[quote name="endwayz"]@ zero,

dude,why don't u come out of ur shell and reveal yaself,4get all this puchlines shits that u claiming that they don't really matter,rap artists are known worldwide as intelligent souls,so i think 9 wasn;t really professional by dissing AHH,he should've ignored and pretend to be far more busy to care abt us and our wayz,so i think u;re aint beign fair when u say 9 never read browse thru AHH,4get forming and efezy,nine no fit ignore ghetto p and a whole lot of others,[/quote]

Dude...what's that about?[/quote]

Yo!! Zero, did Endways just take a swipe at you? Nah, he didnt...I feel what endways wrote..so man dat questions should be directed to you....whats that about?
I-Shine

Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:01 am

[quote name="Niyex"]Yo!! Big ups to MHP....sure u got a point homie and I feel u...

I-shine tell them Niggas to quit saying shit bout my homie "9"... and of course Finbarrs where u been? just bone me on myspace..anywaiz, holla at me on ma page & howx da hustle.

one!

http://www.myspace.com/niyexakins[/quote]

Brotha no vex oh I had myspace account closed down but here is my personal page

Code: Select all

www.myspace.com/jointbreaker
zero

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:07 am

[quote name="Niyex"]
[quote name="zero"]

dude,why don't u come out of ur shell and reveal yaself,4get all this puchlines shits that u claiming that they don't really matter,rap artists are known worldwide as intelligent souls,so i think 9 wasn;t really professional by dissing AHH,he should've ignored and pretend to be far more busy to care abt us and our wayz,so i think u;re aint beign fair when u say 9 never read browse thru AHH,4get forming and efezy,nine no fit ignore ghetto p and a whole lot of others,[/quote]

Yo!! Zero, did Endways just take a swipe at you? Nah, he didnt...I feel what endways wrote..so man dat questions should be directed to you....whats that about?[/quote]...seriously...this is a ploy to increase ur post count right?
MHP

Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:45 pm

Yo Zero!

U got me this time. LMAO.
Niyex

Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:41 am

[quote name="zero"]
[quote name="Niyex"]
[quote name="zero"]

Yo!! Zero, did Endways just take a swipe at you? Nah, he didnt...I feel what endways wrote..so man dat questions should be directed to you....whats that about?[/quote]...seriously...this is a ploy to increase ur post count right?[/quote]

haha, wetin i do reach that one zero?
endwayz

Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:43 pm

@ zero,u heard me right.......and don't get twisted cuz dat shit was directed to all brothers that can't even see the truth even when it is bare 4 all to see,modo fucked up and to me he sounds like one of those street urchins out there that are stucked up in d struggle and praying all night 4 a chance to blow....... not like the blown nine.1
Vortex

Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:17 am

i tried so so hard to read all the posts and follow the topic so i get everything but..now i have a headache. Damn. I must say i admire the passion.

however let's look at this.

Mode has unrivalled abilities when it comes to use of metaphors and similes and maintainin a 'cypher' state of mind

Sauce is a swagger master, who's got crazy attitude, wordplay, sweet appealing flow and good on hooks all just to make everybody happy

Ruggedman's got a great commanding voice, some mindstate, personality of a hip hop icon to be reckoned with (whether his tracks match up to the image may be another question though)

Let's say these are the most talked about cats on this forum. We forget cats like Freestyle who have got MAD MAD delivery plus MAD creativity on tracks and topics, excellent wordplay, fluent with pidgin and english equally. may not be the metaphor type but makes good music.

We have to give it to Naija hip hop. how was the industry say 8years ago? We are churning out great talents and for us to start a forum and dedicate it to bringing down our music is what i dont understand. Look i was at a show at the british council a while back in abj and i watched cats perform. There were 5 cats i was impressed with. First was a guy called Objazz who i am a mad fan for, Jesse Jag (sugar cane master), a cat called Wazibone or sumthn, Kaytracks and another called prince. I was seated at the back and noticed sum guy who i could tell was a rapper who just kept dissing every single MC that came up. Really i wondered why, he had a problem with everyone. Lo and behold 4:15 on the dot, he is called out. I cldnt get the name cuz i was on the phone but once he steppd up i hung up. From the second he picked the mic, i sensed in my stomach a feeling, the kind of feeling that only comes by either eating spoilt beans or food poison. Damn, he was worse than wack. No flow, couldnt heard anything he was saying, nothing. I asked myself why was he yabbin everyone then...hmm....

I love rap but i don't rap anymore cuz of personal reason but trust me i know the feeling of taking hip hop as a religion and juxtaposing with taking rap as a form of music. The religion/culture of hip hop gives you a sense of belonging, joy when you are in touch which substance, a sense of direction and mindstate about somethings. Taking rap as a form of music just gets your creative side on it's toes while imbibing 'hip hop' cultures. culture doesnt bring money, music may bring money. it's up to you what you want to do.

why all this,

please we have talented cats in this country, why cant we start celebrating more and giving constructive criticism more so we can help the industry and further enable more underground cats spring up. If you are one and all you do is diss, do you really think you are that good? then record you own too. Hustle it out and record and put it on radio. If only cats knew what mode went through.

For the records, my fav MC's:

Freestyle, Mode, Objazz, Sanchez, M.I, Jesse Jag, and err.....Vortex.

Peace, no war please
Vortex

Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:23 am

By the way, with the way his name appears i was so sure mode was in this forum somewhere so i'm shocked he's yabbing the forum back....kinda funny.
ms.Rain

Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:55 pm

Honestly, the music industry changes people... they may be humble and for the people in the beginning, then some years past through the fame... and they forget where they come from, (dont get it twisted they remember where they come from but the forget the feelings; kinda like a women after labor, they will always remember what they "thought" through the pain and they remember it was painful.... but in time they forgotten the actual pain in itself). Even though the MC say they know, or they're rap is dope and it seems to be down to earth, I really think they...some are still forgetting. I really like Mode9s flow and wordplay. But at times when i hear him speak, I sense arrogance. I don't really support arrogance rappers or MCs. To me that's not what hip-hop is about.
bolaji

Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:23 pm

now i understand why nicechick can take on most of these ahh guys and still floor them easily. most of these niggas dont even know what hiphop is . i heard someone criticizing ''what does yebariba mean?''. these ahh guys have a myopic view on rap and hiphop. if someone is ill and creative...why dont u guys just agree instead of talking thrash . saucekid is number one . nicechick carry on with the publicity .
  • Information