constructive criticism of 2007 Nigerian rap releases

Moderator:Juma4admin

Westwind

Fri May 04, 2007 7:07 pm

now.....i must say the sauce kid issue is being overflogged.....

damn!!! nu LPs on the street arre sho sumthin....let's leave it at that....

as for the sauce issue.....dude sho has some skillz....but all the braggn isht on this site and "it's me ! it's me!! i'm tha illest!!!" overhype you and ur fans give on this site is just not real enough....

let's be real....we are all 9ja here.....one luv

one!!!
chukky76

Fri May 11, 2007 9:22 pm

God punish you saucefan for mentioning moneylong the mixtape and pentium ix in the same sentence. and then thunder fire you for adding the word comparing to the mix. are you out of your mind.

you have no respect,

dude seriously? you were joking right? pentium ix was even better than e plurubus unum in my opinion not even on sauce's best day can he be compared to modey's worst.

nuff said.
d kid

Fri May 18, 2007 8:58 pm

someone pls get that sauce whatever out of my post i'm straight up not feeling the guy, moneylong was wack
d kid

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:59 pm

we all know that your either sauce himself, his cousine or one of his relations, you aint no fan, i have been with a lot of rappers in my life and sauce whatever does not fit the bill, tell him to fight his wars himself,everyone has a right to feel and we aint feeling sauce...cos every tom,dick, and harry in the states can rap, i mean he is from the states and he's not even better than an average freestyle......................i aint gonna reply you no more
dotun

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:58 pm

so much sauce-nut sucking on this bitch....
apopyalips
Posting Freak

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:35 pm

[quote name="d kid"]we all know that your either sauce himself, his cousine or one of his relations, you aint no fan, i have been with a lot of rappers in my life and sauce whatever does not fit the bill, tell him to fight his wars himself,everyone has a right to feel and we aint feeling sauce...cos every tom,d*ck, and harry in the states can rap, i mean he is from the states and he's not even better than an average freestyle......................i aint gonna reply you no more[/quote]

na wa. lol
Vortex

Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:07 am

ok ok enuf of you peeps fighting over Sauce kid n chic.....em I think the best release was Mode 9's album frankly. There was creativity in the storytelling like i haven't seen quite yet, he's got a mindstate. freestyle's attempt at being commercial was okay but don't know if he got the crowd he was looking for. Gino was just there. Yebariba was cool, some flavour on just two of the tracks and the rest was it. Mode could do with some danceable tracks for once though, at least to strike the market harder, you can't refute the importance of that as a recording artist. Remember it's not just being a rapper or a musician, it's gotta be complete as much as possible. At least one real dance track, hope i don't get tomatoes on my face for this!
Path

Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:31 pm

No tomatoes, ur comments are on point I like the Freestyle was OKAY line. I still can't decide which was better out of Modes and Rugged coz sometimes Modey gets a lil boring and Rugged over does it with the dance songs leaving us with an album with no real concept but just club tracks with no mega hit. I know Modenine fans might get at you with ' what about Nigerian girls' comments but he definitely needs better dance tracks as I never did like that song and always thought it was a poor rip off of Jay-z's Girls, Girls, Girls and I hated that song but I'm sure the next albums will be better but till then I see my spot is still vacant.
  • Information