R U G G E D is DA BOMB

Moderator:Juma4admin

brock

Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:11 pm

H A T E R S.......... thats what all you are............... lets see what impact it'll make on him, his diss had impact, i hope you know...... you guys are just haters...............at the end of his ehn ehn, he said " see me like a teacher putting you all on the right path............. and mail me, cos i want us to do track"

Likeit or not, his reconciling with Kennis who publicly presented his award at muson center and performance with eedris at his album launch is enough to shut y'll up

Agreed, if he criticise, he ought to expect some, infact he waited for it, but if u are to criticise it should be with sense, don't hate just be real and have your legs balance b4 u balance.

Speak for yourself, your style and what you like, I never felt Mode dat does not make me hate him, and neither should he try run down who I love and whom rap i am okay with.....

If an artiste is rapping for himself and just what he wants and not what his fans want them he should not bother releasing album.

Nuf said.................. I don speak my mind, no need to speak more, it's either you love him or hate him, He said it himself. U jut have to be on one side...........and like I said... i can see you guys chose to be on the HATERS side...... keep it up.
just cant see myself wasting time with this bitch....ruggedman is wack and im saying nuthin other than that...peace
chukky76

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:34 am

@oakes

man i love your opinions. really mature. we appreciate that.

@AFRICAN HIP HOP

the truth of the matter is this. ruggedman at the time he came on the scene was wielding a more advanced brand of hip hop than was obtainable in those days i.e eedris and rasqui and so everyone embraced him and he was happy.

but right now HIP HOP HAS GROWN EVEN MORE and rugged man has failed to keep up with the game while some "new cats"(mode9, freestyle, gino,OD) on the scene have grown and perfected this brand of even better hip hop. and so it scares the shit out of him that he is being put in exactly the same position that he put eedris and rasquie years ago.

and instead of take up the challenge and step up his game, the loser with his obsolete brand of hip hop releases his excuse ruggedy baba, trying to justify his failure as a versatile and up to date artist.

for ruggedman to gain credibility he has to step up his game and stop giving excuses.

"hot ever since" very funny

has this guy even won any award?
apopyalips
Posting Freak

Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:56 pm

word is bond.

he killed himself on Abia finest track. dat dude is a confused wannabe.
kosi

Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:49 am

@chukky 76

ruggedman Have gotten awards in Nigeria like 2003 FAME Awards for best new artist,2003 Award For Musical Excellence (AMEN) AWARDS 2003 Best new artist,best solo performance,best rap video and Artist of the year.2004 Nigerian Entertainment Awards for best solo performance.2004 AMEN AWARDS for best solo performance.2005 Kora All African Awards Nominee for Best Male Artist West Africa.2006 Hip Hop Artist of the year at the just concluded NIGERIA MUSIC AWARD held in London.

check out

http://www.nigeriamusicawards.com/
Enigma

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:26 pm

i think we should b more objective when we r either givin props or criticizin

basiclly rugged has had a huge impact on d game and weilds a sizable amount

of influence in d industry/ he has a savvy bizness acumen as well as a good

insight on d mainstream entertainment polictics

personally i think he deserves a place in history 4 his role in revolutionaizin

rap music in 9ja

but d bone i pick with him is his ability as an mc // like somone has rightly

pointed out d game has elevated espesially lyrically and creatively // i mean

even if u want 2 make money u still have make a consideration 4 those who

have a higher appreciation and understandin of wat hiphop is really all about//

u don,t go like f u i,m makin my money so u guys don,t matter dat just foolhardy

i remember when i heard thy album come / there a few dope tracks but word 4 word

rugged man is not exactly d greatest lyricist //

this those not mean u have 2 kick 100 metaphors 2 make good music (check out gino

album
)but d fact dat u guys dat luv rugged so much always overlook is dat when ru man

came into d game he criticized idris lyrics

we all know idris was wack but he still made a impact in the industry //he had ppl singin his

songs and he was headlinin shows but it simple logic wackness is wackness not how many

ppl or industry bigwigs say otherwise

fast forward a couple of years now rugged is in d same position dat idris was and instead

goin back 2 d basics and doin wat really matters (makin dope tracks) u try 2 smokescreen

and cover up your defiencies as an mc by sayin d only way 2 keep it real is 2 spit in broken

now dats bullshit its either your track is hot or it,s not

now please r u really tryin 2 tell me d collabo he did with faze and chick is a dope club banger?but at d end of d day it,s not rugged man fault dat most of so called real heads

don,t push out cds or shoot vids // it,s not his fault dat most heads don,t have d guts he

has 2 put himself in d limelight but prefer 2 throw disses //

2 make it in 9ja rap game is simple show and proove

if your shiit tight we praise 2 d high heavens if it,s not they,ll diss u from now 2 2mmorrow

ps most cats r just 2 emotional when expressin their opions and instead of pointin out issues

they launch personal attacks which always encourage reprisal insults // anyone who doesn,t

respect d opions we give on dis site is just foolin himself / d average person on d street doesn,t listen 2 hip hop we do
FLEXfex

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:26 pm

how about we hit the naijahiphop.org yahoo community at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naijahiphop and cast our votes on what we think about ruggedman new album...would be seein u there...

http://www.naijahiphop.org

also on feature at the community are topics like

1.Kemistry postpones album launch joins girl power

The rhythm 93.7 presenter decided to do something else with her life asides from sitting behind a microphone everyday. She shocked everyone when she dropped her hit track "shake your behind" the song is getting a lot of air play (off course) and the video has been an instant hit. read more at *http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naijahiphop

3.Rapper prodigy 'return of the mac' review

4.Lyrics to ruggedman's ruggedy baba track

5.Jae Millz ''down in new york city''

6.OBAINO MUSIC AND DOVE RECORDS TEAM UP FOR PLANTASHUN BOIZ and FLEKTA

7.Hip-Hop Loves Getting Fucked The Fuck Up

8.Eminem Presents - The Re-Up

9.I WAS TEMPTED TO DRUGS... TUFACE'S BROTHER, H.I

Tuface's brother H.I and his side Kick, A.J., have been having a

swell time traveling across the world performing alongside the mega

star himself, Tuface. The natives, as they call themselves, have, on

the prompting of Tuface, performed in countries like USA, UK, Germany

and many European countries read more at the email group *http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naijahiphop

10. Producer kRAFT (LEFT) collaborating With Modenine (WIth the cap) for mxTape..Kraftmanship mixtape vol. 1 AND details comin' soon!!!
zero

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:22 pm

[quote name="Enigma"]i think we should b more objective when we r either givin props or criticizin

basiclly rugged has had a huge impact on d game and weilds a sizable amount

of influence in d industry/ he has a savvy bizness acumen as well as a good

insight on d mainstream entertainment polictics

personally i think he deserves a place in history 4 his role in revolutionaizin

rap music in 9ja

but d bone i pick with him is his ability as an mc // like somone has rightly

pointed out d game has elevated espesially lyrically and creatively // i mean

even if u want 2 make money u still have make a consideration 4 those who

have a higher appreciation and understandin of wat hiphop is really all about//

u don,t go like f u i,m makin my money so u guys don,t matter dat just foolhardy

i remember when i heard thy album come / there a few dope tracks but word 4 word

rugged man is not exactly d greatest lyricist //

this those not mean u have 2 kick 100 metaphors 2 make good music (check out gino

album
)but d fact dat u guys dat luv rugged so much always overlook is dat when ru man

came into d game he criticized idris lyrics

we all know idris was wack but he still made a impact in the industry //he had ppl singin his

songs and he was headlinin shows but it simple logic wackness is wackness not how many

ppl or industry bigwigs say otherwise

fast forward a couple of years now rugged is in d same position dat idris was and instead

goin back 2 d basics and doin wat really matters (makin dope tracks) u try 2 smokescreen

and cover up your defiencies as an mc by sayin d only way 2 keep it real is 2 spit in broken

now dats bullshit its either your track is hot or it,s not

now please r u really tryin 2 tell me d collabo he did with faze and chick is a dope club banger?but at d end of d day it,s not rugged man fault dat most of so called real heads

don,t push out cds or shoot vids // it,s not his fault dat most heads don,t have d guts he

has 2 put himself in d limelight but prefer 2 throw disses //

2 make it in 9ja rap game is simple show and proove

if your shiit tight we praise 2 d high heavens if it,s not they,ll diss u from now 2 2mmorrow

ps most cats r just 2 emotional when expressin their opions and instead of pointin out issues

they launch personal attacks which always encourage reprisal insults // anyone who doesn,t

respect d opions we give on dis site is just foolin himself / d average person on d street doesn,t listen 2 hip hop we do[/quote]well said...
apopyalips
Posting Freak

Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:56 pm

i bet non y'all have copped his album. let's stop givin this dude unnecessary publicity, if he need one, let him hop in here. he can't do that cos to him AHH cats are hattin on em. which i don't think is so. gostah give us quality for our money that's what am sayin. u have to know that if u fool people with publicity stunt toda, tommorow they'll be alert. i don't know whether to blame americans for discovering behavioural psychology, it has really reduced man to a mere animal.
Oakes

Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:58 pm

Apopyalips wrote:
which i don't think is so. gostah give us quality for our money that's what am sayin.
Word up!
saysaysay3334

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:15 pm

look y'all, you guys just p-hating,i've heard his new album and truly ruggedman is the bomb.i even know guys that copped the the album and confirmed that the guy is hot.club rugged,broken promise,won't battle,rock da spot,watch me,flesh to flesh, these among many are tight tracks on that album,and is getting mad air play.so you guys can hate all you want but he is still doing his thing.peace.
  • Information