Am i Ignorant Or is She (Sasha) just Whack?

Moderator:Juma4admin

del

Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:24 pm

@ lola

I been right where i'm at. Moving around. Was in naija in May for a couple of weeks. Moved over to Georgia. Trying to get done with stuff. But we pushing eldee's new joint over. The grind continues! Hope u good though! Hola
john woo

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:58 pm

[quote name="lola4mii"]dramatik...i think u misquoted sasha on dat track, just as del has said its[am rocking 45 tonight]its just a kind of reference 2 11.45 night club[cos all storm artist perform every last friday @ 11.45]and del[where on earth have u been]...u were a little bit tooo harsh on dramatik...we all know sasha is ur homegurl......and 2 johnwoo...if u dont have better things 2 say....just SHUT UP. u mean sasha aint tight...i think u need 2 get ur brain examined.holla[/quote]

i gets it now,its like a dude gets dissed for something thats so true,u can smell see and taste it,like i will always say im not trying to stir ish up but using plain and simple facts, for sasha..All routes are accepted except WACKNESS. for del go and cop masta ace's last album(longhot summer) and u might understand were am coming from,yeah its not all bout meta4s and punchrhymes jus gotta let ya lyrics av soul in em,gotta av conviction and passion(quoting phonte from little brother)

and 2 lola4mii THANX 4 DISSING ME,keep it up
Bee1208

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:05 pm

del, wats good fam, when did u leave jand and move 2 yankee. anyway wats good, heard u r d next one coming out afta eLDee, cant wait 2 feel the jams, when u gonna start previewing us or at least put up ur old jams on ur myspace page. we all promoting eLDee and his def goin plat, spoke 2 him last night. his landing jand next weekend. dats wasup. All eLDee fans, the champ is landing.

del wats ur myspace music page. and how come only SID & eLDee are the only ones on myspace where the rest of the trybe family. make dem join myspace nah, i go even call sasha and KB now.
del

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:23 pm

@ John woo

Dude, if u aint feeling me, fine. But don't be fucking tryin to put me up on shit. Aiiight.

@ Bee

Tryin to get new material very ready before i hit the myspace scene on that artist tip. Pictures, the works. Good looking out.
zero

Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:47 pm

intresting..."drama" always sells (no pun intended)

bottom line's everything's relative...1 man's food's another mans poison.

d tone of d topic can be misleading tho...& starting an arguement with wrong facts is like having faulty foundation...it'd eventually collapse.

jus saying

mr rehd

Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:58 pm

:D :D beef sells for sho.i think naija rap needs a healthy dose of competition.if you ask me rap music is confrontational...generally thats is.

i feel the "evrything's relative" theory

:?: :?:
R cube

Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:35 pm

like i said b4 another man,s meat is another man,s poison

look lets get one thing straight here .first of all d best mc,s do not neccessarily sell the most records which in turn means d rappers dat sell d most records r neccsarilly d best mc,s.

Do i think sasha is good mc ? no. Do i think she makin sales on her album? NO (There is no album only 2 years of hype).Do i think she has made money of shows and her exposure in the media? yes.Do i dislike her bcos of dat? NO BCOS D GIRL GOTTA EAT

MY QUESTION WAT DO WE C HIPHOP AS? AS A MEANS 2 AQUIRE MONEY AND FAME OF D ILLITRACY OF D NIGERIANS MASSES AT D SAME TIME SACRIFICIN WAT WE LOVE ABOUT RAP MUSIC. del it,s just a simple question. do u think i,m hot like fire is a dope line ?

U guys keep talkin about d sucess of jay z and 50 cent but u keep forgettin dat these guys were dope mcs b4 they attained commercial success. u mean u guys have FORGOT about 50 cents how 2 rob and jay z 22 2,s

commercial success is attained not only by havin mass appaeal but also fulfilling some basic fundamentals of rappin and mcsing. but here in nigeria u WANT 2 overlook skill and go straight 4 d cash. d worst part is u never reach d so called land of eldorado.

can u compare d success of rugged man /2 shot /soundsultan 2 2 face/ p square/ paul ik dairo/

don,t get me wrong i luv trybesmen (1999 d year 4 d demo/defendin my trybe i,m a hero like taribo/when positionin 1 2 10 i,m sub zero/when i represent yoruba hausa and igbo/)ruggedman(even if u b tv u no fit show me/ terrorist and fine chick no fit blow me/ i fit hard like stone or soft like mouka foam/ i get more yarns than mobile phones get ringtones/)

or 2 shot(like maria i can carry u 2 overseas)

but d fact is dat we listen 2 alot of sub standard stuff in d name of commercial / mainstream music . dis is not an excuse 2 go about spittin some sci fi shit but i rather die a talib kwaeli look alike than a jay z wanna b bcos jay z himself said it if TRUTH B TOLD IF SKILLSsold i, ll probally b LYRICALLY talib kwaeli. but if u don,t listen 2 talib u won,t know what jay z is talkin about
lola4mii

Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:40 pm

[quote name="del"]@ lola

I been right where i'm at. Moving around. Was in naija in May for a couple of weeks. Moved over to Georgia. Trying to get done with stuff. But we pushing eldee's new joint over. The grind continues! Hope u good though! Hola[/quote]del, good 2 hear 4rm u....cant wait 4 el dee's album launch on d 9th of september..am definately gonna be there....big up 2 obi asika and all ds guys @ storm records...its really long time coming...
apopyalips
Posting Freak

Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:35 pm

What's really funny is that I has already made the point that 'Lord Of Ajasa' is one the best rappers in Nigeria, and probably the best at repping 'Naija.' I been a fan of him since '99. PEOPLE I NEED YOU TO UNDERSTAND MY POINT. Two things are important to me, making good music, rap, and connecting with people. I try to find balance doing this. I remember back in the day i thought i could never rap in pidgin. Now I enjoy it. or as a matter of fact Yoruba.

"E wo shi ma se Abiola n be, ehn/Ka Shi Ma Wo" [you still be acting like Abiola(MKO) over there, let's still be watching her]

Metaphors are not the only aspect of rap. EMINEM HAS PROOVED IT BY NOT DOING THEM REALLY AND WITHOUT A DOUBT BEING ONE THE BEST THAT DID IT. Forget commerciality, the joy of any art is showcasing it. Qouting eLDee

'Forget about the metaphors you spit/IF u can't connect with your people, you still in shit'
MANOOZY, you can get a listen to sasha, just a snippet of her new track on http://www.eldeethedon.com, check the media section. You know what! bright idea. Let's start a new board. Rap without metaphors. Let's see how cats hold their own!!!
i gotta agree with u but not on all son. U need to go back to the old Eminem, the cat got metaphor more than a poet luriant, but now he be focusin' more on multis & in-rhyme. connectin' with people here should mean connectin' with everybody.....there's no need for that. Real art never appeals to all. u're forgetin' something here, havin' a good commercila music ain't all it take to connect with people, what about the marketin' strategies & all that? Let me tell u DEL, if i fart on a tape & give it a proper "backin'" i'll still sell...........u don't isolate the fact that human being is shaped by his environment. Proximity effect is something u don't take outta this, i'm a social psychologist & i know what am sayin'.....there's a lotta things that affect human that they don't consciously know about, proximity effect is one of it. most y'all cat in here have in-house freaks but y'all don't know why it happened. the person u're goin to marry tommorow is goin' to be in the same proximity with u, this is 80 percent true...........backtrack. Let's not compromise what we have for something we couldn't explain. U sold cos u people got used to what u put out. Don't forget that whatever u put out there is goin' to be used on u inthe future. whatever foundation u lay now is what the future generation will follow. we all need to be right apostle to the game..........in all am sayin' keep it real, give a it a thorough publicity & promotion, relaxe & watch proximity do its thing. will say more later.
  • Information