Am i Ignorant Or is She (Sasha) just Whack?

Moderator:Juma4admin

del

Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:42 am

Real talk Treasure! real talk. We have been inspired by someone or some people. bobjay, yeah everyone has a right to their opinion. I chose to get mad, cos the facts were all wrong to start with. I want to connect with people, I want even girls to walk up to me and say 'dat line was ill' so i'll break it down as much as i have to for them to get it. When people tell me 'who told baby that dancing wasn't a contact sport' it feels good. Cos i know they can hear me. I aint tryin to be D'banj, i couldnt be. I'm just trying to make music people can relate to. Just listened to Pac today and i realised why i like him. he aint no punch line rapper. He jus one dude who's charisma flows through his music. Like frank sinatra, like jay-z. There's just too many angles to art, hiphop in this case, that it's dumb judging people by just one side of it.
mr rehd

Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:29 pm

yo del i feel wat u saying i can ride with that.theres so many angles to hiphop thats why we got 5 elements.dudes keep getting it twist thinking it all about punchlines.

suites my purpose though letting them wallow in ignorance.so please stop giving away for free secrets of the trade :) :wink: :)
john woo

Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:45 pm

[quote name="del"]Real talk Treasure! real talk. We have been inspired by someone or some people. bobjay, yeah everyone has a right to their opinion. I chose to get mad, cos the facts were all wrong to start with. I want to connect with people, I want even girls to walk up to me and say 'dat line was ill' so i'll break it down as much as i have to for them to get it. When people tell me 'who told baby that dancing wasn't a contact sport' it feels good. Cos i know they can hear me. I aint tryin to be D'banj, i couldnt be. I'm just trying to make music people can relate to. Just listened to Pac today and i realised why i like him. he aint no punch line rapper. He jus one dude who's charisma flows through his music. Like frank sinatra, like jay-z. There's just too many angles to art, hiphop in this case, that it's dumb judging people by just one side of it.[/quote]

i was only catchin my trips with the bignose/bighead reference not usin it as an avenue,and saying nas is foolish business-wise is partially true and in total,he signed a 10yr contract with columbia when he was still very very young,the way jay started was different and besides nas goes platinum so i dont c y he(nas) shud be mad at 50(he sings now like jarule anyway)..hope uv hurd illmatic,go peep it
Manoozy

Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:34 am

8) ...somebody post-up a link so I can hear this Sasha chic 4 myself, cuz I feel inadequate to say the least in contributing to this topic of conversation.
Oakes

Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:53 pm

This argument has been rehashed at various fora from the days of A-bloc at Clapperboard Weekend Raps 1991-1992 with the A-bloc Clique taking (Late)Junior and Pretty to the cleaners on national television fastforward to 2006,Introducing :D ramatiks,purist,intellectual and Del the consumate artiste in the movie metaphor over economics,does Sasha epitomize realness when it comes to topical variety,cadence,delivery,flow and I forget what other criteria Source magazine uses to dish out its 1 to 5 mics?offhand I guess she tries,there is a thirst out there a hunger for some mindblowing Big Daddy Kane type MCs blowing ish up and I guess that informs Dramatiks angst and frustration-it CAN and should be better!Unfortunately Del, hip hop is elitist especially in Nigeria,most of the cats who can REALLY rap in Nigeria can OutDenning Denning and spout Keynesian economics in their sleep but they also suffer the elitist type of seperation us against them,I stand to be corrected that the most phenomenal rapper outside the English/pidgin genre is Lord of Ajasa judging by his flow,delivery,topical variety and sheer mischief on tracks,bridging the gap between art and business is the problem here,I remember the Ruggedman who once freestyled
my flow drops like empty machine gun clips
and juxtapose him with the dude who says I kick like pregnancyand I cringe,BUT its all business,Dramatiks isnt hating perse and Del I think you got a lil bit overemotional.

Sasha is a brand,generic version of Eve?,whatever!she do what she do to paraphrase Ray Charles,she gats to be doing SOMETHING right!its sad but also true most geniuses are broke,JayZ does an awful lot of ghostwriting, we could help the sista out....,Manoozy,Auxygen and other cats 2 numerous to mention,the confirmed,no shaking,thoroughbreds on this forum,Dels also got a point if its not making dollars,it cant be making se(cents)nse,moral of the story is be elitist and metophorically tight all you want but the Nigerian reality is such that we need symbols,make paper offa it!,rep for US(the purists) in the real sense of it, OR be populist and mainstream and cater to the market(Joe Public) but lose street credibility(AHH jury imposes the death penalty)which if you are driving a plushed out beemer with platinum spinners and jaw jawing with foreign news crews from Europe,ergo Ruggedman,you probably wouldnt give two!

Jesus!!! we are actually looking for a hip hop messiah here and 5 will get you 10 if he comes we, like the Jews are going to Scream CRUCIFY(who he think say him be sef wanna be Nas or Jayz) him!please please,please dont hate and to quote myself
Raise your bets/ or save your breadth/,only a few days left/niggas pray for death/
del

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:22 pm

What's really funny is that I has already made the point that 'Lord Of Ajasa' is one the best rappers in Nigeria, and probably the best at repping 'Naija.' I been a fan of him since '99. PEOPLE I NEED YOU TO UNDERSTAND MY POINT. Two things are important to me, making good music, rap, and connecting with people. I try to find balance doing this. I remember back in the day i thought i could never rap in pidgin. Now I enjoy it. or as a matter of fact Yoruba.

"E wo shi ma se Abiola n be, ehn/Ka Shi Ma Wo" [you still be acting like Abiola(MKO) over there, let's still be watching her]

Metaphors are not the only aspect of rap. EMINEM HAS PROOVED IT BY NOT DOING THEM REALLY AND WITHOUT A DOUBT BEING ONE THE BEST THAT DID IT. Forget commerciality, the joy of any art is showcasing it. Qouting eLDee

'Forget about the metaphors you spit/IF u can't connect with your people, you still in shit'

MANOOZY, you can get a listen to sasha, just a snippet of her new track on http://www.eldeethedon.com, check the media section. You know what! bright idea. Let's start a new board. Rap without metaphors. Let's see how cats hold their own!!!
del

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:24 pm

For the records, I said it earlier, I chose to get mad and go overboard cos this post was based on very wrong facts. It was blown out of proportion from jump. We all studied English in schools right? So we can tell undertones from choice of words.
bobjay

Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:21 pm

yea del, personally i dont have any beef with someone who is not a poet or punchline rapper.cuz the fact is there are different sides to this coin called hiphop.Everybody cant be so commercial either. All routes are accepted except WACKNESS.

so can we put an end to this Sasha Stuff?
mr rehd

Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:20 pm

i dont know about yall but me and my niggas we cant "afford" the "luxury" of just rapping for fun.dont get it twist of course we got love for the game but niggaz gotta eat....'raps a means to get the quid/ split with it/set me up some other biznesses...

...'rapping was once a hobby now we doing it for a meal"

my philosophy is i'll stick to my guns and make my sums.i dont care wat anybody elase out there is doing cos from my knowledge and experience of the waty hiphop evolves is that you just gotta have focus on wat you seek to achieve and keep at it until something gives.

Jay-Z is loved and respected by the same industry pricks that didnt beleive his shit would be a commercial success.It took the legendary rapper 2 albums(despite his connect to biggie) to attain platnum status...

as a hustler i respect any one who sells but i aint gotta feel yo shit...period!!!
lola4mii

Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:51 pm

dramatik...i think u misquoted sasha on dat track, just as del has said its[am rocking 45 tonight]its just a kind of reference 2 11.45 night club[cos all storm artist perform every last friday @ 11.45]and del[where on earth have u been]...u were a little bit tooo harsh on dramatik...we all know sasha is ur homegurl......and 2 johnwoo...if u dont have better things 2 say....just SHUT UP. u mean sasha aint tight...i think u need 2 get ur brain examined.holla
  • Information