Xblaze
Posting Freak

Mon May 21, 2007 3:30 am

[quote name="nicechick"]

you're soo fuckin wierd Gosh[/quote]

jeez, didnt mean to scare u, this aint the eight grade, sorry... :P
Infiniti Ent

Fri May 25, 2007 5:08 pm

I'm a bit late on the hip hop scene in Africa (aint been to the motherland in ages), but from what i hear peeps saying about this Sauce Kid dude, i think i like the dude. Real men cause controversy, seems to me like a lotta dude are just bitter/angry/envious etc.

one question: If every emcee was Nas who would be Jay-Z?

Do your study on the industry, people. Good Beats and Great Swagger sells records and packs shoes, not dictionary rhymes on Pharoehs and the Aztec! the likes of Nas and Common can pull it off for one reason, they been in the game for ages and have loyal fan bases. Look at all the up and comin artists, the lil waynes, jeezys etc. its all about swagger.

Do you and let others do them. Negativity burns slow.

Peace! And tell this Sauce Kid to holla at me and i'll hook him up wiv a free beat!
Path

Fri May 25, 2007 6:12 pm

I think it's understandable for MCs to choose style over substance but I haven't heard too many producers endorse such bullshit. I think the right question is if every MC want to be Jay-Z (MC/ big entreprenuer) who wants to be Nas which just the dope lyrics reputation. The Jeezys & Weezys might be getting the fame now but only time will tell how long they'll hold on to the spotlight ( Where's Banks, Buck or Petey Pablo even).

Bottom line is if you place you efforts on dope lyrisim like most of my AHH brethrens then keep doing your thing & let the wack producers hook up with the wack MCs and keep making their wack tracks
Infiniti Ent

Fri May 25, 2007 6:48 pm

Path,

i think u misunderstood me. My all time fav emcee is Nas, my role model in production is Premo. I dont own a wayne or jeezy album. I listen to 60's and 70's music on a permanent basis. listen to my beats and u'll see the kinda music i make.thats how grounded I am.

but at the same time i cant fault the next man's hustle. we all came into the world solo and how u decide to carve ya path to the grave is up to individual preference. I didnt make the rules, the music industry made them. the music industry doesnt give a monkey's ass about longetivity. artists are treated like cash cows, milk them to death. hence the emergence of one hit wonders like those u named. even more painfully, albums dont sell anymore. In 2006 only 2 rap albums went plat!

from an african perspective, its either u make the music the masses want to hear (dumbed down shit like laffy taffy etc) and cake while u can, or stay thorough and clinical with the lyrics, gain respect and stay broke.
Infiniti Ent

Fri May 25, 2007 6:56 pm

I've been in the industry my brotha. some on here know my story but i'll say it again for your benefit, 2 years ago i was on the verge of signing to a major here in the UK as an emcee, but the contract came with a noose, i had to basically dumb down my ish, make the party songs and girl songs etc, cus they thought that was what fitted my image. I said no. (dont know if i regret that now but...). that event turned me away from rap, or at least the mcing part of it. i sropped the mic and picked up the boards and i've been a producer ever since.

the money aint all that, but i get placements here and there and make a decent living off my beats.

Like i said at the start i dont even know this Sauce Kid dude, but people shouldnt hate. african hip hop is still very young, lets promote our artists, music and culture and stop pulling others down.

peace
teckzilla

Sat May 26, 2007 2:49 am

[quote name="Path"]I think it's understandable for MCs to choose style over substance but I haven't heard too many producers endorse such bullshit. I think the right question is if every MC want to be Jay-Z (MC/ big entreprenuer) who wants to be Nas which just the dope lyrics reputation. The Jeezys & Weezys might be getting the fame now but only time will tell how long they'll hold on to the spotlight ( Where's Banks, Buck or Petey Pablo even).

Bottom line is if you place you efforts on dope lyrisim like most of my AHH brethrens then keep doing your thing & let the wack producers hook up with the wack MCs and keep making their wack tracks[/quote]

food for thot,the chef was on the right PATH

analyze the facts and figures..do the math

dude is out for fame,eff chains plus the swagger

ignore the source like kids with bad livers sipping on larger

always out to make a point so dont get me wrong

quoting the GZA...half short...twice strong
emperor

Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:56 am

sauce kid is good but he's been stealing flows from people even his cousin...anyways i love his skills and has a style
  • Information