my issues with MOST naija underground cats.....

Moderator:Juma4admin

zero

Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:46 pm

-most of 'em rap off the beat...in my opinion, no matter how ill d lines are...it's wack if u don't ride d beat.

-most of 'em try too hard to sound intelligent/abstract...if it aint u...it aint u! don't force it...it don't blend.

-they're lazy asses...don't hustle hard enough to get airplay...instead they blame it on radio personalities (who have issues too by the way)

-they're too quick to diss & brew unneccessary beef...it don't help.

-they're too full of themselves...u hear d wackest dudes claiming to be d best...maybe it's d brand of buddah they be smokin.

-they're too stereotypical...be urself...be fresh~!

more later...
dramatik
Posting Freak

Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:39 pm

Home boy...u right in all aspects men,especially bout tha airplay stufff.we dont hustle hard enuf..dats tha truth..but not all cats rap off tha beat/tha beef aspect i think its lame except u and ur opponent got real issues..and dont go dissin home boys cos dey smoke green

Mari J inspires Some and makes some stupid..sha u said it its their brand

intelligent rap is thabasis of bein underground..u wanna claim underground and u raplike Eedris common...some dudes aint intelligent but they force it..dont blame em its tha way it goes....generally u told truth zero..u one of tha real onez out there~1~
apopyalips
Posting Freak

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:35 pm

[quote name="zero"]-most of 'em rap off the beat...in my opinion, no matter how ill d lines are...it's wack if u don't ride d beat.

-most of 'em try too hard to sound intelligent/abstract...if it aint u...it aint u! don't force it...it don't blend.

-they're lazy asses...don't hustle hard enough to get airplay...instead they blame it on radio personalities (who have issues too by the way)

-they're too quick to diss & brew unneccessary beef...it don't help.

-they're too full of themselves...u hear d wackest dudes claiming to be d best...maybe it's d brand of buddah they be smokin.

-they're too stereotypical...be urself...be fresh~!

more later...[/quote]

"Before, it was all about the momentum of the record and checkin' up on it the old-fashioned way." word from primo.

don't know why u started this, maybe u comming up with some main stream ish. The issue is this, in everything there's always going to be the mainstream & the realshit. Look at football, most footballers who play mainstream football always get mad popularity.

Individual personality always have an effect on what he/she does. Those who are introveted, always have problem with themselves, that's why they seems to be lazy as u said. Being pessimistic about every thing is their card. But i must say, if this people will be managed by an optimistic person, u'll see what's gone happen.

their's something about God in this, the holy black book says that "we should not conform with the world". And if u look at it, those who don't conform are those branded "underground artists" in the music industry.

The best is just to do what u know how to do & don't look at the money.

a click i produced their album for has made up to 500000 naira with their work without marketing it, not that their ish ain't tight, at list i gave them some of the beats. But ma fam "black villains (c-drill & inferno)" have tighter ish, but haven't gotten that kinda cheese with it. i have olot to say about this but i gostah give it up here till u reply.
lordmuzuzu

Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:44 pm

maan forget dat buddah shit,incase you dont know,it inspires shit....talkin bout air-play,dat does not make em lazy cos like it or not,most cats dont even have a feeding bone....on-air personalities are all hypocrites & parasites (not all though,H.N.I.C aka dr.G is good)anyhow u look at it,POVERTY in naija forms at least 97% of da cause...nuff said abeg!!!!
Augustus Khan

Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:24 pm

What does the "underground" mean here? Is it the how you sound or the level of exposure your songs get?
F

Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:28 pm

Hw u sound definitly Bro..U cant spit hard and be called mainstream,we all knw in Naija u wouldnt sell,so its how u sound ~1~
Augustus Khan

Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:08 pm

modenine is getting a lot of exposure these days and i think he sounds "hard" so is he underground or mainstream?
zero

Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:42 pm

[quote name="Augustus Khan"]What does the "underground" mean here? Is it the how you sound or the level of exposure your songs get?[/quote] nice joke :roll: ofcourse its d SOUND i'm about.
zero

Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:59 pm

[quote name="apopyalips"]

"Before, it was all about the momentum of the record and checkin' up on it the old-fashioned way." word from primo.

don't know why u started this, maybe u comming up with some main stream ish. The issue is this, in everything there's always going to be the mainstream & the realshit. Look at football, most footballers who play mainstream football always get mad popularity.

Individual personality always have an effect on what he/she does. Those who are introveted, always have problem with themselves, that's why they seems to be lazy as u said. Being pessimistic about every thing is their card. But i must say, if this people will be managed by an optimistic person, u'll see what's gone happen.

their's something about God in this, the holy black book says that "we should not conform with the world". And if u look at it, those who don't conform are those branded "underground artists" in the music industry.

The best is just to do what u know how to do & don't look at the money.

a click i produced their album for has made up to 500000 naira with their work without marketing it, not that their ish ain't tight, at list i gave them some of the beats. But ma fam "black villains (c-drill & inferno)" have tighter ish, but haven't gotten that kinda cheese with it. i have olot to say about this but i gostah give it up here till u reply.[/quote] i think i'm on d fence...i swing both ways...i'm a fan of them both...i think a good song's a good song...no matter the genre. what i posted is just an observation i've made from over the years...

i'd (personally) prefer u use mainstream & underground (not realshit) cos u'd be infering that someone who spits his heart & soul on a beat that doesn't have that grimey sound or in a way that isn't d stereotype "underground" aint "real".
zero

Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:10 pm

[quote name="lordmuzuzu"]maan forget dat buddah shit,incase you dont know,it inspires shit....talkin bout air-play,dat does not make em lazy cos like it or not,most cats dont even have a feeding bone....on-air personalities are all hypocrites & parasites (not all though,H.N.I.C aka dr.G is good)anyhow u look at it,POVERTY in naija forms at least 97% of da cause...nuff said abeg!!!![/quote] food for thought: Eedris is inspired by buddah too...i think (cos i don't touch that stuff) joints bring out d "inner u"...it dont make u any smarter (might make u think u are tho...lol)...it helps to focus tho (medically proven)...not much else.

-ur poverty arguement would only be valid if every mainstream act was a rich kid...
  • Information