what is real.

Moderator:Juma4admin

kill fakes

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:05 pm

Hi y'all

i really want to clear things up, so i ask what it real in hiphop, is it what i hear every day on my radio. if it is then i must be from another planet and i must be doing another brand of music, what ever happened to realness, common, talib, mosdef and all them other rappers doing it the african way. yeah they say you got to do your own way and not copy them, but rap is an african thing they took it from us and now we are about to take it back. but not the way we are going about it in nigeria, if you ask me the only way you can keep it african is talking aout the beautiful struggle and not guns and club cause that's not our way. i heard a track from proverb microphone sweet home and i was moved to me thats real and that's south africa meanwhile here in nigeria we claim we have the best mcs i've not heard a track like that for a while, not even from the states. the you guys tell me jazzman,timi and other wack guys are real? i don't know men ............. shit has hit the fan and it's either i make a change or i don't rap at all. bigg up to mode9, OD, the breds and anyother person keeping it real out there, A-Q is here to stay and diss to correct so get use to it and stop living on hype LD, is not impressing me. word is born i'm out.
zero

Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:53 am

how the hell r u goin can u open ur dirty trap and diss timi as not being real when he put u on a track? why didn't u reject the offer...i can actually picture u dangling on his nuts,beggin for d opportunity to lace ur wack 16...(yeah i said WACK!) then u've got the nerve to come hear & talk about realness...is back stabing realness? and u prolly from another planet cos are u seriously tellin me that ur definition of being real is to copy talib,common and co? R u equatin what's real to them to us? if u wanna be all african & ish..y dont u rap in ur mother-tongue? Is English African? aint it a colonial lanuage? and lemme jus act like u didn't say eldee up in here? if not for his revolution would u b here talkin about hip hop? that guy was the single most hard workin dude in naija's hiphop history...he wrote songs,programmed & produced his beats,shot his own videos,designed his own web sites...stuck his leg in door so all u wannabes can b appreciated & u have d guts to come here and short change him? when that dude was steady lacing ill 16s where were u? lemme tell u what real is...real is being comfortable with doin ur own shit! whether u sound like common or wasiu ayinde marshal! just do what u comfy wit, d fact that mode 9 keeps it gully & we feel him doesn't mean that u've gotta b gully to be accepted or the fact that ruggedman sold copies by dissin dont mean u'd sell copies dissin...assess ur self and do what u good @...stop bitin!

and maybe u shud put ur track up lets hear how "real" u r ...

enuff said
kill fakes

Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:18 pm

i just found out that what you guys do here is hate and back up duds or should i say friends, timi featured me on his track no lie, he step up to me and said he needed something different, from his other wack tracks and i did him a favour yes i killed the track as about me unilags reallest ask trex, then same thing you said timi had the guts to run around lag saying i begged to be on his album, it's just a matter of time before i take care of him maybe you'll help him out cause rizzler his cousin is not going to write for him anymore like he did for the track he featured me on don't get me wrong zero i owe you no explanation but i got to do this for pips who love hiphop as much as i do. ask timi himself and he will tell you his wack, that's that, as for the LD, case i had respect for that dud once till he fell off i.e he confused realness and the market. i'm not saying language is wrong check out the skwatta camp track that's hot that's hiphop. watch me and learn a thing or two how to make money and still keep it real. fighting to be the man is nothing winnig the game is everyyhing (jay-z and nas) and if you say i bite pls write out the lyrics and state the artist and the tracks i bit them from. i'm not going to insult you cause you really don't know. that's real.
Jio

Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:50 am

Kill-fakes aka AQ....I ain't heard any of ur tracks but instead of posting a quick reply, why not take time n digest what Zero said???..........The guy just told you the truth.............I was goin 2 ask someone 2 send me ur cd from naija but d way u put eLDee down in ur post has made me change my mind...........maybe u r too young to know what went down but my man read ur history books.............eLDee changed the face of naija hip-hop and like he said "The revolution has been televised"...............
bobjay

Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:42 am

Hey zero, i've beeb on this site for a while now and believe you're a real hiphop head. so i dont see rapping in all round english makes you a copy-cat cuz for example thats what i do cuz i dont feel like rappin in pidgin cuz i cant do that and be this tight, so let me just say i dont rap in pidgin.

so ain't saying AQ's movement was a nice one or saying it bad, but just give him a chance lets see wat will happen next or if he's trying to follow rugged's route. well, i have not heard the timi album so i cant say if AQ killed the man on the track but zero its like u've heard it, so wat was d outcome?

well timi and some other cats love hiphop no doubt but realness is a thing they lack, which might be as a result of trying to sell records but they dont do it right.

so we could just say it to keep things strait.
kill fakes

Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:53 pm

first of jio, i really don't need you to feel my cd, but believe me by the time it is out you won't really have a choice, it's so unfortunate that i'm not on eldee balls like y'll listen to the truth, ask free about el, ask who started selling cd at a price of 150, ask who was the first to go to place our faith in the hands of alaba market cause he couldn't sell independently, ask why da tribe was formed and why the trybe went seperate ways, if i continue i'll have nothing more to add, you're not in nigeria so you really can't understand, now i make a classic and sell at a bottle of beer, and you tell me thats a revolution, i have no beef with el, but he didn't have the strength to go all the way that's why his ass is in the states and he left da trybe in the hands of their nemesis cause if timi and sid don't stop running their mouth i'll have no chioce but to touch them real bad. i've been trying to get to Harry(moderator) i meet him at the hiphop surmit done by qmark to host six of my tracks on this site but his phone has ben switched off, but i'll tell you ask mode or the breds and they will tell you i've been in this game long enough to shool you on the politics, yo bob jay for the fact someone like you is given me a chance i promise not to screw it up. the rug head had a little something to say about me so i'll have to close his chapter watch out for the new video 1st week of august, that's real.
zero

Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:22 am

[quote name="bobjay"]Hey zero, i've beeb on this site for a while now and believe you're a real hiphop head. so i dont see rapping in all round english makes you a copy-cat cuz for example thats what i do cuz i dont feel like rappin in pidgin cuz i cant do that and be this tight, so let me just say i dont rap in pidgin.

so ain't saying AQ's movement was a nice one or saying it bad, but just give him a chance lets see wat will happen next or if he's trying to follow rugged's route. well, i have not heard the timi album so i cant say if AQ killed the man on the track but zero its like u've heard it, so wat was d outcome?

well timi and some other cats love hiphop no doubt but realness is a thing they lack, which might be as a result of trying to sell records but they dont do it right.

so we could just say it to keep things strait.[/quote] i didn't say rappin in all round english makes u a copy cat...u can read his post,then mine again. dis is wat promted that response...[quote name="killfakes"]what ever happened to realness, common, talib, mosdef and all them other rappers doing it the african way.[/quote] if u trying to be real like them and not real like yourself u copying...PERIOD! and i'm not sayin those ppl aint real (infact common's cd is bangin right now)but...copyin is copyin...PERIOD! & how can rappers in d U.S who prolly aint been to africa in their lives be doin it the african way? then someone who raps in pidgin not be real or not African? does that make sense? r y'all sayin that talib & co r doin it more "african than timi? then what is ur defination of realness? and how isn't timi being real? (pls answers these questions so i can see things from ur view) if y'all is equating broke rappers to bein real then y'all have got issues men...i'd put timi's track so y'all can judge who was better
zero

Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:04 am

[quote name="kill fakes"]i just found out that what you guys do here is hate and back up duds or should i say friends, [/quote] firstly that is mad wrong...no 1 hates up in this place...u soundin like a whinin child...secondly FYI..i dont know timi,i'm not even in lag! so i'm bein fair [quote="kill fakes"]then same thing you said timi had the guts to run around lag saying i begged to be on his album,[/quote] i think u shud read my post again...if u still believe i said so,u either have problems wit ur sight (do u use glasses?) or have a problem with english language [quote="kill fakes"]rizzler his cousin is not going to write for him anymore like he did for the track he featured me on[/quote] and we meant to believe u just cos u say so right? ok lets assume that's true (pls note the stress on assume) what's the big deal? Jay-z wrote "still dre" for Dr Dre (if u dont believe,check d credits) does that make DRE less of a rapper...or less real? go figure! BTW timi wrote the hook for "oya" which is a classic in its own rights[quote="kill fakes"]as for the LD, case i had respect for that dud once till he fell off i.e he confused realness and the market.[/quote] how?[quote="kill fakes"]if you say i bite pls write out the lyrics and state the artist and the tracks i bit them from[/quote]i meant bite as in bitin d concept of ruggedman.
zero

Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:38 am

[quote name="kill fakes"]first of jio, i really don't need you to feel my cd, but believe me by the time it is out you won't really have a choice, it's so unfortunate that i'm not on eldee balls like y'll listen to the truth, ask free about el, ask who started selling cd at a price of 150, ask who was the first to go to place our faith in the hands of alaba market cause he couldn't sell independently, ask why da tribe was formed and why the trybe went seperate ways, if i continue i'll have nothing more to add, you're not in nigeria so you really can't understand, now i make a classic and sell at a bottle of beer, and you tell me thats a revolution, i have no beef with el, but he didn't have the strength to go all the way that's why his ass is in the states and he left da trybe in the hands of their nemesis cause if timi and sid don't stop running their mouth i'll have no chioce but to touch them real bad. the rug head had a little something to say about me so i'll have to close his chapter watch out for the new video 1st week of august, that's real.[/quote] The more i read ur posts,the more ignorant u seem to me...so u blaming eldee for cds being N150...kai...u so ignorant! how many ppl were buyin cds for N800-N1500 then when pirates sold it for far less? how many ppl made any money AT ALL from marketing independently? since u seem to know ppl,ask modenine how much paybacktyme was makin by sellin their cds independently.Infact just name 1 artist in the states that u know that markets his stuff independently apart from all those unknowns sellin their mixtapes,hustling to get a record deal...when T.I was Independent,did u hear of him? since tooshort (not d Nigerian) went independent have u heard any of his cds? be honest,did u even know he still rapped? In ur life,have u ever seen a "devin d dude" cd?...he's independent too! And by going to the alaba ppls did he ask anybody else to do d same? but now everybody runs to alaba (modenine included) cos eldee showed y'all d only way to make some money back. and u think eldee ran away...i wonder how u think men...if u could naija for a better life else where u'd stay abi? and u think eldee has fashied d trybe? how come he's still reppin the trybe on his cd? freestyle & KB are even on a skit! and how come he's still marketin them over there (see http://www.tryberecords.com ) and since u know free, ask him why he was skippin their studio sessions...ask him what happened to trybes 4 life when he started his bring some noise imprint? lets even forget that...i heard freestyle say with his own mouth that they weren't broken up,but just doin their solo ish (see my free at last thread)
zero

Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:46 am

ok ppl here's d track we are d streets..A-Q aka killfakes is first & timi (whom he's dissin) is last...timi/timi's manager/whoever else it may concern...d song is not downloadable and i'd remove it very soon...just want people to listen and comment...thanks in advance.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/timi_music.htm

ppl y'all be d judge
  • Information