M.I's album moves 30 thousand units in 30 minutes!!!

Moderator:Juma4admin

rapjunkie

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:59 pm

[quote name="dagreen"]If that figure is true, big ups man, if it ain't, big ups all the same.[/quote]

Damn right! At least were talking about him and he has produced a solid naija hip hop album. Encouragement to aspiring MC's. Work hard!! Keep grinding, spread the message. Naija hip hop is here to stay.
d2

Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:09 pm

damn liar............nuttin of such then if let him list out dem tracks.
dramatik
Posting Freak

Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:13 pm

Well,Well...i seen the posters in ASB but havent seen the album anywhere,if the figures are true Thank god,how much dem dey sell am ..what like 100 naira? well anyways sha,big up to M.I defnitly feeling the broda,as per Jtown where he from,is where i learnt the emceeing art so i dey try join body,but anyways,make im try sell 1million das when we talkin....

One,
BarStool

Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:06 pm

Sup people?

On the day of M.I's album release, that afternoon I heard the news on the radio and spoke to Audu Maikori about it. TJoe confirmed it to me later and here's how we SoundScanned it (lol)!

Within minutes of the albums release and at start of business, Tjoe's pple keep ledgers of what's being sold and how much. Other marketers and resellers had purchased over 30,000 copies and many more were beating the doors down to get the ones they would distribute to the teeming consumers who had been eagerly waiting for the album to drop. Infact, later that day, they had run out of copies and had to go get more cos sellers from Kano, Jos, Abuja had come to get theirs to go sell up North. The album's pre-launch hype helped to stimulate the intense demand and subsequently the record numbers.

As a matter of fact, TJoe say M.I own na small, say wen P-Square released GameOver last year, they sold more!

Just the facts as I know ém, folks!
zero

Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:39 pm

...and yeah also note that marketter sells @ wholesale price which is significantly less the retail price & that d artist sees only a fraction of that...in a lot of cases far less than half...alternatively the marketter buys the album upfront...which mostly only favours artists that have previously shown the ability to move units.
zero

Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:39 pm

30,000 units is actually small...it sounds ridiculous cos u're picturin M.I selling that amount from his car booth...or thinkin he's sellin that amount every 30mins...divide 30k by 37 (no states plus fct), then divide again by the no cd outlets, cd hawkers in each state & the fct...that's amount 2 between 5-20 cds per seller...pretty much the norm...big up to chocolate city tho! Audu's doin big things!
nfeeltraita

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:59 pm

Now cats can point out j on da map,

just copped my yesterday and i can tell u straight away that " hustle" is just my type of song!
  • Information