Nigeria Is Not Only Lagos

Moderator:Juma4admin

fola_ade

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:29 pm

Hello People!

My name is Fola Ade, I've been studying the Nigerian music industry for quite some time now. I think its time the Nigerian Entertainment both home and abroad explore the music from other states in Nigeria, they seem to focus only on artistes based in lagos only, while Nigeria has 36 states. Nigerian music has advanced tremendously within the past few years. Today we have artistes making waves in every state in the country not just lagos state. we have artistes in Port Harcourt, Benin, Abuja, Kaduna, Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Kano, Jos, Cross River, Niger Delta, Delta State, Benue etc. We need to find a way to bring those Nigerian sounds to the surface. I like to thank the Nigerian Hip hop awards, at first it was just lagos artistes but today am happy to see an artiste like M.I from Jos get awarded, I wish this will continue, if we are representing Nigeria, we have to be sure we are representing Nigeria. Nigeria is not only lagos. Thank You.
bolaji

Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:20 pm

register for Edosioo's Murder ''2008 Most Credible' Battle Rap Tournament. Entries Now Open

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-155910.0.html
abbeymum

Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:30 am

[quote name="fola_ade"]Hello People!

My name is Fola Ade, I've been studying the Nigerian music industry for quite some time now. I think its time the Nigerian Entertainment both home and abroad explore the music from other states in Nigeria, they seem to focus only on artistes based in lagos only, while Nigeria has 36 states. Nigerian music has advanced tremendously within the past few years. Today we have artistes making waves in every state in the country not just lagos state. we have artistes in Port Harcourt, Benin, Abuja, Kaduna, Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Kano, Jos, Cross River, Niger Delta, Delta State, Benue etc. We need to find a way to bring those Nigerian sounds to the surface. I like to thank the Nigerian Hip hop awards, at first it was just lagos artistes but today am happy to see an artiste like M.I from Jos get awarded, I wish this will continue, if we are representing Nigeria, we have to be sure we are representing Nigeria. Nigeria is not only lagos. Thank You.[/quote]

Nna men, Na lagos be GONGO ASO ! The F**kin Centre of Excellence
bolaji

Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:08 pm

the problem is we dont get to hear this artistes in other states...its like they are livin in the village or the jungle especially the guys from port harcourt,and benin .. their stuffs aint even online.not even youtube,, even a primary 2 student has a youtube /myspace page...i heard 3 guys from ph lyrical.kokormikor and frank dinero ,and cyrus da virus (benin) ....these 3 guys are lyriCally sick but they dont have any online pages....its sumfin like illiteracy. they need to use the internet more often to get exposed. modenine ,saucekid ,rugged and co are well known cos they have internet pages .....and are discussed on sites like ahh, nairaland, facebook etc .....u dig?
siyomatic

Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:49 pm

thanks for bringing up this can of topics myspace.com/siyomatic
MHP

Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:23 pm

Good topic. Bolaji...u are correct but...misinformed...Frank D'Nero is on facebook. I'm not sure about Lyrikal.
BarStool

Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:36 pm

[quote name="MHP"]Good topic. Bolaji...u are correct but...misinformed...Frank D'Nero is on facebook. I'm not sure about Lyrikal.[/quote]

Since when is Cyrus The Virus a "sick" rapper?
Teezy1

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:29 pm

Its all bout d artiste mane! even if d industry doesn't create space for u, u have to create space fo' urself dawg!!!......make a hit, promote it.
apopyalips
Posting Freak

Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:09 pm

[quote name="bolaji"]the problem is we dont get to hear this artistes in other states...its like they are livin in the village or the jungle especially the guys from port harcourt,and benin .. their stuffs aint even online.not even youtube,, even a primary 2 student has a youtube /myspace page...i heard 3 guys from ph lyrical.kokormikor and frank dinero ,and cyrus da virus (benin) ....these 3 guys are lyriCally sick but they dont have any online pages....its sumfin like illiteracy. they need to use the internet more often to get exposed. modenine ,saucekid ,rugged and co are well known cos they have internet pages .....and are discussed on sites like ahh, nairaland, facebook etc .....u dig?[/quote]

lyrically sick? checkin ma hiphop dictionary
  • Information