WHAT IS YOUR HIP HOP?

Moderator:Juma4admin

boyblacentinc

Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:05 am

YA'LL STILL DOIN UR HIP HOP STATE OF MIND SH***T.... AIN'T KEEP DA POST ENTRIES COMING IN, CAUSE I GUESS EVERYBODY AND D WORLD WANNA KNOW WAT UR HIP HOP IS, IF U HAVEN'T DON DAT, DO IT NOW...... LOL!

PEACE!
Nu'Rudeen
Posting Freak

Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:42 pm

My hiphop Is that part where I grew up.

Its that point where I began to realize I could be better than most people around me.

It's the way I see the world when people judge me by my baggy jeans fitted caps and hoodies big tee's and my swagger, seeing people think I'm a good for nothing and then seeing the dumb shock on their faces when I spit my poetry.........Thats hip hop.

Hip hop is my music my life source my expression, Its like an extension of what I cant say in normal conversation cos its too complex for the average guy to understand

so I put my self in the class of hip hop heads who can feel what i'm saying and be cool with these people.

Hip hop is my family, my mood setter, It's my outlook on life and fcuk what anybody says.

fine, hip hop might be dying and might have it's negative sides but in the end it's the rough jewel and raw talent created by the people in the streets with no expertise and no knowledge of what would become of their invetions that is truly beautiful.

It's beyond expression and words what hip hop really is to me

So i'll keep spitting till i die until I ca say what My Hip hop is.
boyblacentinc

Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:15 am

I felt your Hip Hop Nu'Rudeen, It's Nice Piece.....

1 Hand Fist In Da Air, Real Hip Hop Head!!!!

HYMEN DOS

a.ka. Tha Lyrical Cure
MHP

Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:35 am

I started wit the Fugees...u know...The Score. I could relate to it...cos it was...u know...the refugees...and thats a term that almost means black or africans. My favorite tracks were 'Fugee-la', 'The Score','Family Business', Killin' Me Softly', 'Ready or Not' and 'Manifest'. The album had song outros that talked a lot about black. Yet, I was still a mere listener.

Then came the DJ Premier era...anything sounding like boom bap with scrathes on it...I loved it. I even picked sides during the whole Biggie and Pac confusion. I went wit BIG. No disrespect to Pac tho'...it was jus...an EastCoast thing for me then.lol

I started writing rhymes all of a sudden. I had dis friend who always told me I could do it. So I picked a pen and an old notebook and wrote my 1st 8bars...I still remember it but lookin at it now...lol...i wasnt really sayin anything...jus been stylish n all.

I got some Pete Rock. I digged it. Matter of fact...I digged it a lot! Dead Prez...the 'Lets Get Free' album...got me doing some real thinkin...it gave my knowledge of self! Same month I copped a life changing album. 'Things Fall Apart' by the Roots. That was it! I was in! You know when you wake up in the morning and you jus wanna hear a song...matter of fact u've been hearing that song for the past 3 weeks!

'The Love of my Life' joint featuring Common Sense...is still my best song ever!

It became worse when I heard Black thought say

"...I push print on paper like Chinua Achebe..."

That line gave me a license! Hip Hop felt like it was mine.

Knowing that these guys(The Roots) didnt jus call their album 'Things Fall Apart' out of the blue...but for the 'blackness' and Afrocentricity...u know...black and proud...dat sort of thing...made me whole!

This is my HipHop!
boyblacentinc

Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:57 am

MHP NICE PIECE, I HOPE 2 HEAR UR JOINT SOON SO DAT I SEE ALL THESE ELEMENTS IN U, U CAN CHECK MY SONGS AT http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BOYBLACENT

HIP HOP MOVEMENT (BLACK REALITY)
  • Information