n wen i think about diz, i get nutz,

c`mon brodaz, get some gutz.

da east got da bust.

i`m an eastrida.

f**k `em all
apopyalips
Posting Freak

Fri May 02, 2008 8:38 pm

who's even sure that that's what mode 9 said. see how poeps jump into topic that has to do with mode 9 but they'll claim he ain't popular. i don't think any y'all have listened to ruggedy baba, that's a pure way of knocking peoples hustle with rap. what if i make a rap talkin about how police can bust hideouts n locate kush joints in the towns i've been on? Rugged man ain't even as popular as y'all think. don't get it twisted, if naija CD's are not sold for 80 naira each, do u think people will still cop? check the market, 90% of what's out there are pure crap. 95% percent of the music in the market were done for marketers not listeners. truth be told, 98% percent reason people make club songs in this country is to get a marketer, which is lame. u have to do what u do cos u love it, n cos u have a skill in it. why is it that it's only in rap music that they have so much critic? why don't they have this amount of critcs in the painting world, n other artistry world? why is it that news casters don't do they thing in pidgin? why do u wear what u wear? rugged talked about infusin ones culture in rap but why is it that he doen't wear ohafia war hat n their traditional regalia? why do u type in english? oh, sorry, it's our lingua franca. but wait, which should come first? don't u want 14 million nigerians to hear n understand what u're sayin?
Xblaze
Posting Freak

Fri May 02, 2008 10:29 pm

POP,

u know say our society never ready for marketing rap music. it aint happening soon for all i know. the marketing scene is filled with pirates, how do u make a living marketing music in a country like nigeria? when the government doesnt give 2 fu.cks about who pirates what? its gonna take a long time dawg, as far as i know, before we start talking about regulating music and entertainment, we have to put things in place first, there's no fucking infrastructure, why would u go thru hell to go to oshodi market to buy one OD cd when next door person dey pirate am?

when we have good roads, all over the country, industries will come, investors will come, its that simple. when the government starts talking about trains, buses and shit like that, then we can start talking about selling music the rite way, for now, bulls.hit.
mr rehd

Sat May 03, 2008 6:14 pm

[quote name="apopyalips"]who's even sure that that's what mode 9 said. see how poeps jump into topic that has to do with mode 9 but they'll claim he ain't popular. i don't think any y'all have listened to ruggedy baba, that's a pure way of knocking peoples hustle with rap. what if i make a rap talkin about how police can bust hideouts n locate kush joints in the towns i've been on? Rugged man ain't even as popular as y'all think. don't get it twisted, if naija CD's are not sold for 80 naira each, do u think people will still cop? check the market, 90% of what's out there are pure crap. 95% percent of the music in the market were done for marketers not listeners. truth be told, 98% percent reason people make club songs in this country is to get a marketer, which is lame. u have to do what u do cos u love it, n cos u have a skill in it. why is it that it's only in rap music that they have so much critic? why don't they have this amount of critcs in the painting world, n other artistry world? why is it that news casters don't do they thing in pidgin? why do u wear what u wear? rugged talked about infusin ones culture in rap but why is it that he doen't wear ohafia war hat n their traditional regalia? why do u type in english? oh, sorry, it's our lingua franca. but wait, which should come first? don't u want 14 million nigerians to hear n understand what u're sayin?[/quote]

ahh...at lasta breath of fresh air.ol'boy so far this is one of the best analogies on this topic in this mofo.damn!wat planet are you from?man hola @ your boy
rapicon

Tue May 06, 2008 7:07 pm

i really think modey is better that rugged but he should try and focus more on his own thing which is hardcore.u cant expect modey to win best rap artist forever so if he has a very tite album he can also win the best rap artist next year.there is always everybodys time so this is the time for ruggedman to be the best rap artist.
airock

Wed May 07, 2008 9:51 pm

RUGGED DESERVED THE AWARD...PERIOD!

But seriously, Mode is dope, but doesn't deserve the award at that time...for obvious reasons. Rugged is also good (as a rapper), he does what he's doing...well! Why hating this broda? He said in that interview (the reply) that "everyone of 'em know wat they're doing and WHY" That's a simple answer. He's doing what he's doing to make money and he's getting it right. Mode knows why he's doing what he's doing...if he's getting wht he want, he shud stop hating. I like mode...a lot, but hate his attitude. He's not all! He shud learn to understand that he's NOT the best...the best rappers are still underground!
endwayz

Fri May 09, 2008 2:05 pm

all these cats tearing off their bad belle in here just cuz mode-9's name was mentioned should even take a lil walk down d market store , ask cd vendors which cd amongst modo and rugged outsold the other,i did d survey ma self and what i discovered was encouraging to me as lover of real shit,everybody thinks rugged's gat more ground than modo but i think it's a fucking wrong impression,d industry,taking a swipe and turning their back on modo realized that d guy was actually talanted to d fullest,so he was giving the chance to prove that, by beign signed to q-mark,a lot of young and upcoming rappers in nigeria look up to modo 4 inspiration,the saddest thing abt all these stories is that a lot of these cats feel modo on d low,his 4st mixtape oustsold all rap cd's that came out then... so what then am i going to do with a ruggedman's album that was designed to make girls shake their booties,tell me one inspiring line u've heard 4rm rugged or any of his track that u as a real g can relate to,i'd rather listen to ''germs'',''in pain'',la ''state of mind'',''underground'' with cashino to get a pain off ma chest than bullshits that i am even ashamed of typing their names.
endwayz

Fri May 09, 2008 2:21 pm

[quote name="airock"]RUGGED DESERVED THE AWARD...PERIOD!

But seriously, Mode is dope, but doesn't deserve the award at that time...for obvious reasons. Rugged is also good (as a rapper), he does what he's doing...well! Why hating this broda? He said in that interview (the reply) that "everyone of 'em know wat they're doing and WHY" That's a simple answer. He's doing what he's doing to make money and he's getting it right. Mode knows why he's doing what he's doing...if he's getting wht he want, he shud stop hating. I like mode...a lot, but hate his attitude. He's not all! He shud learn to understand that he's NOT the best...the best rappers are still underground![/quote]

what d fuck,where in dis world do you see mainstream rappers admiting that some undergroung emcees are better off than them,i bet u're 16 :D ,it's all abt believing that u're the best and working towards it,not coming out to say that modo should understand that u're better than him,while u still treck to mami....
ollydave

Sat May 17, 2008 4:14 pm

People have their unlucky times. Modey had so many nominations, yet he wasn't given any award. No doubt that Modey has got more skills than ruggedy lyrically but who knows what the judges want? Modey should just sit up and try to lay some naija tracks. I'm out
r6

Tue May 20, 2008 2:39 am

wats up y'all

i must say as a die hard fan n supporter of naija hip hop-real hip hop sector,mode has bin a pace setter funny enuff rugged too,yup, as much as y'all haters wudnt want to admit.the albums,ruggedy baba n e pluribus unum are both gr8 albums but c'mon y'all rugged deserves it, rugged has always bin known to transfer his real life challenges 2 lyrics n put in in a song from ehen to ruggedy baba, all dat, we can all relate to. also mode brought about politics n all that which i respect him for. but man i dont rili have much time on this end now but c'mon,ruggedy baba compared to e pluribus unum-its a betterone interms of entertainment,factual stuf ,luv stuf bla bla bla,if i wuz d judge my best album wud have won : dont hate (big up over dose )
  • Information